Cahir's EET Epic Run Mod Order help request

3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

That's just how multiclass kits appear in the EE2.0+ engine.  Kit name in the center, and each base-class listed with XP.

I see, thanks. It's a bit shame that it won't show kit name on the right side too. 

That would take some UI modding. Hang on...

Actually, it displays the class string specified in clastext.2da, I think. So e.g. with MnG installed that is changed from “thief” to “rogue.” That’s a bit more open-minded about what class it represents. With FnP installed, I think “cleric” is changed to “priest,” which is good because it covers some druids as well. (Still not great for psions, though.)

If you have ideas for what would be good there, I’ll listen - keeping in mind that it cannot change for each kit, but must cover the whole class. That means it must cover thieves, bards, and monks in the “thief” class; mages, sorcerers, and bards in the “wizard” class; and clerics, specialty priests, druids, and psions in the “cleric” class. 

12 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

That would take some UI modding. Hang on...

Actually, it displays the class string specified in clastext.2da, I think. So e.g. with MnG installed that is changed from “thief” to “rogue.” That’s a bit more open-minded about what class it represents. With FnP installed, I think “cleric” is changed to “priest,” which is good because it covers some druids as well. (Still not great for psions, though.)

If you have ideas for what would be good there, I’ll listen - keeping in mind that it cannot change for each kit, but must cover the whole class. That means it must cover thieves, bards, and monks in the “thief” class; mages, sorcerers, and bards in the “wizard” class; and clerics, specialty priests, druids, and psions in the “cleric” class. 

Yeah, I'll think about it, but it will be difficult to come up with something suiting.

5 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

Thank YOU for going through all of this with the whole community, @Cahir.  Hashing it all out like this will help anyone who comes after (for many years ahead) and is attempting to install a large modlist.

Yeah, after I finish fleshing everything out and test if it's stable enough, I'll update original post and also add .txt sorting file for convenience. I'll also gladly donate it as a template for PI, if @ALIEN thinks it's a good idea. 

Progress report: I'm currently in the middle of adusting item descriptions to meet EE format style for my own purpose. I was actually surprised how much inconsistent this is across the mods. I was especially unpleasently surprised that both IR and IRR did not have updated descriptions for EE games. Actually only handful of mods did it right. For others there are many instance of missing required stats and weight entries or unecessary Usable by entries. I also don't like hit dice entries using capital "D" (i.e 1D6 instead of 1d6).

I'm especially sensitive about these things, because I've spent a great deal of time standarizing this stuff while proofreading Polish versions of BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE

With hundreds of items in IRR this will take a while... 

Edited by Cahir
36 minutes ago, Cahir said:

I'm currently in the middle of adusting item descriptions to meet EE format style for my own purpose.

Make sure you provide info on these back to IR & IRR (and any other mods with such items), we can only hope they will be included in future.

12 hours ago, 4udr4n said:

Make sure you provide info on these back to IR & IRR (and any other mods with such items), we can only hope they will be included in future.

Yeah, I can do that, but there's probably a reason why this wasn't brought up before by players. They probably don't care much about this stuff. I like the EE description style a lot more and it's somehow immersion breaking for me to see a mixture of both styles in game. But then again, I've played this game so long time ago, that I'm treating it as if I play it almost for the first time :)

2 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Btw in my own install I've found some minor but noticeable bugs in the Faiths & Powers code that allows any cleric to learn and cast like a shaman.  I'm working on an update now.  Shouldn't take too long.

Thanks for the update, Doc. I'm still working on updating IR item descriptions to EE format. Probably will do next test install during the weekend.