Cahir's EET Epic Run Mod Order help request

I had missed that you have cdtweaks alter weapon proficiencies. Some time ago I had issues combining that with SoB WPO. I can recommend that SoB works well if you have everything else leave proficiencies alone.

Just now, 4udr4n said:

I can help here, 69 is automatically included in 67. It only exists in case players want 69 alone.

Cool, thanks! I'll croos out component 67 from the list then, since it's not needed in my case.

2 minutes ago, 4udr4n said:

I had missed that you have cdtweaks alter weapon proficiencies. Some time ago I had issues combining that with SoB WPO. I can recommend that SoB works well if you have everything else leave proficiencies alone.

Well, I installed option 1 from this tweaks, as it's specifically mentioned in SoB readme as compatible. Quote from Readme:

Compatibility: this component is probably not compatible with most other proficiency system changes. However, it IS compatible with the first subcomponent of the "Revised Proficiencies" options in Tweaks Anthology - the one that basically just merges maces and morning stars. If you install that first, then clubs maces & morning stars will all share a proficiency.

I have maintained that specific load order, so Tweaks Anthology component is first, then goes SoB's part.

7 minutes ago, lefreut said:

@kjeron If I install only DUAL_TO_KIT on BG2EE. I get this on character creation when choosing a class:

Reveal hidden contents

Baldr000.thumb.png.3cd4be094a4d2956ea14203edc96580b.png

The frame is darkened because the menu CHARGEN_CLASS is changed into 'modal'. And the bottom buttons are not properly displayed because they use GUIBUTMT (which is a SoD only BAM), they should keep using GUIOSTUL/GUIOSTUM.

Dual to Kits overwrite a menu that is heavily changed by LeUI. So it reverts the class selection screen to its vanilla look. I don't know if it's easy to fix.

I can reproduce with LeUI + EEUITweaks + Scale of Balance + Dual to Kit. I'm looking into this.

Thank you for the report. If it happens that you and @kjeron won't be able to fix those issue, I'll pass with Dual to Kit. BUT I'm not giving up yet 😀

Anyway I'd like to pause for a second here to pass my eternal gratitude for IE modding community for helping me to overcome all those issues for my dream EET Setup. I would have not imagined you would put so much effort, time and patience into this. So my big thanks goes to (in random order):

- @subtledoctor - for immense amout of patience to my ever constant reports, for swift fixes to any issues I had with your mods (which in my case is not easy to pinpoint), for guidance regarding install order and game balance. And for custom tailored mini mod to tailor Proficiency names to my needs (this was awesome). Big thanks!

- @Bubb for all super fast fixes you have delivered and for spending your valuable to to chime in and offer solution to fix things.

- @lefreut for donating your time to track and fix reported bugs, which was very hard to track.

- @kjeron for your invaluable knowledge and fixing bugs in Dual to Kit Mod. I hope you'll able to squash them all!

- @argent77 for checking in while tagged and offering solution when needed. And for silently checking my install order in regard to your mods.

- @AL|EN for creating a great mod installation tool and vast amount of patience on my ever dumb questions on Discord regarding Project Infinity. And for all of advices!

- @jastey for checking in and letting me know I didn't screw load order when it comes to your mods.

- @4udr4n for sharing your experience with EET instalation and for exchanging tips.

- @Lightbringer for sharing your experience with SCS and all other quest mods. And for inspiring me to install NTotSC.

- @Wise Grimwald for donating a custom made portrait specifically for my PC. This is awesome, dude!

And for all others who contributed to this journey of mine. I have been waiting for thisplaythrough for years, and thanks to you guys, I'm getting closer and closer to finally do it!

17 minutes ago, jastey said:

It might be too soon to say so, but I sincerely hope you will enjoy your runthrough. It would be awesome if you would report any problems you encounter while playing, too!

I'll definitely will report any issues I encounter. Look how many mods were fixed thus far, simply because I stubled on installation errors and warnings.

Ok, seems that following components from @Artemius I House rules are not compatible with EET. Were skipped in my installation.

#SKIPPING: [House Tweaks: Give Stat Bonuses to EENPCs in BG2 (except Hexxat)]

#SKIPPING: [House Tweaks: Restore Reputation Increase Sound Effect for BG2]

@Artemius I any chance you could made it compatible with EET?

Edited by Cahir

@subtledoctor

What is the requirements for IWD Spell Evasion component from SoB?

#Skipping [STO - IWD Spell Evasion -> For Expanded Spell List] because it fails its requirements.

BEGIN @171 // thief spell evasion for IWD spells
DESIGNATED 171
SUBCOMPONENT @170 (NOT GAME_IS ~iwdee~)
REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~d5_rfeat.d5~ @3

OUTER_SET optional_evade = 0

INCLUDE ~scales_of_balance/components/170_STO_evasion.tpa~
//__________________________________________________________________________________

BEGIN @172 // thief spell evasion for expanded list of spells
DESIGNATED 172
SUBCOMPONENT @170

OUTER_SET optional_evade = 1

INCLUDE ~scales_of_balance/components/170_STO_evasion.tpa~

Good news guys! I've finished 4th test install of full set up to test those fixes and:

1. No translucent class selection screen -> checked

0d97ko0.jpg

2. No unused proficiencies visible -> checked

24jsopr.jpg

3. Familiar icons visible on Familiar selection screen -> checked

eitarSz.jpg

Boy, I'm sooo happy! You're great, guys!

EDIT: @subtledoctoris those correct icons? Seems strange, and out of place.

EDIT 2: Refinements installed without errors too!

Edited by Cahir
3 hours ago, Cahir said:

What is the requirements for IWD Spell Evasion component from SoB?

I think you answered your question? MnG feats installs expanded Spell Evasion, so SoB doesn’t. The difference is in how characters can get it: with SoB thieves get it automatically at 7th level, whereas with MnG feats you have to expend a feat to get it. 

1 hour ago, Cahir said:

is those correct icons? Seems strange, and out of place.

Ya. Top left is pseudodragon, same as vanilla (or same as vanilla icon for wyvern); bottom left is spider, same as vanilla (summon spider wizard spell); bottom right is rat, same as vanilla (from cloak of the sewers). The other three on top row I have no good icons to use, so I just borrowed Animal Summoning to represent “mammal #1,” “mammal #2,” and “mammal #3.”

This is a one-time permanent choice; I expect anyone doing this will take their time and read the descriptions, not just choose based on the icons alone. So for now, I don’t mind that the icons aren’t all very identifiable. (FWIW, in the normal UI the descriptions appear automatically, it doesn’t require extra user interaction.)

9 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

I think you answered your question? MnG feats installs expanded Spell Evasion, so SoB doesn’t. The difference is in how characters can get it: with SoB thieves get it automatically at 7th level, whereas with MnG feats you have to expend a feat to get it. 

Ya. Top left is pseudodragon, same as vanilla (or same as vanilla icon for wyvern); bottom left is spider, same as vanilla (summon spider wizard spell); bottom right is rat, same as vanilla (from cloak of the sewers). The other three on top row I have no good icons to use, so I just borrowed Animal Summoning to represent “mammal #1,” “mammal #2,” and “mammal #3.”

This is a one-time permanent choice; I expect anyone doing this will take their time and read the descriptions, not just choose based on the icons alone. So for now, I don’t mind that the icons aren’t all very identifiable. (FWIW, in the normal UI the descriptions appear automatically, it doesn’t require extra user interaction.)

Ah yes, now I remember, I forgot to remove this components when I added Feats component, sorry. 

As for icons, thanks, just wanted tu be sure everything is like it should be. 

@subtledoctor so, I've been testing some stuff, changing Imoen's kit. I have noticed that the class name was change in the middle of the screen to Mage/Monk (Shining Hand), but the name on the right side or record sheet is still Mage / Thief (as before kit change). Is it a hardcoded limitation or ommision?

B4fPzd6.jpg