Cahir's EET Epic Run Mod Order help request

Well it turns out it's not an incompatibility, it's not even related to mod options! It's a bug in the Mr2150's Portrait Picker component. It will be fixed in the next version of EEUITweaks.

Thanks a lot for all the time you spend on this @Cahir.

For this particular bug, one way to find what was the problem was to launch the game from a console and look at the traces. I should have ask you to try this.

Spoiler

..."]:7: attempt to call global 'toggleFrame' (a number value)
stack traceback:
        return debug.traceback():1: in main chunk
        =[C]: in function 'toggleFrame'
        function action0692CDD8 ()
                        panelID = 6
                        helpString = graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][2]
                        selectedSL = 0
                        if(cellNumber == 2) then
                                Infinity_PlaySound('GAM_09')
                                graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][4] = toggleFrame(graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][4])

if graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][4] == 0 then
                                        graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][5] = 0
                                else
                                        graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][5] = 1
                                end
                                graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][6] = 1
                                --Infinity_ChangeOption(graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][3], graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][5], panelID )
                        end
..."]:1>         end:7: in function <[string "function action0692CDD8 ()

10 minutes ago, lefreut said:

Well it turns out it's not an incompatibility, it's not even related to mod options! It's a bug in the Mr2150's Portrait Picker component. It will be fixed in the next version of EEUITweaks.

For this particular bug, one way to find what was the problem was to launch the game from a console and look at the traces. I should have ask you to try this.

Reveal hidden contents

..."]:7: attempt to call global 'toggleFrame' (a number value)
stack traceback:
        return debug.traceback():1: in main chunk
        =[C]: in function 'toggleFrame'
        function action0692CDD8 ()
                        panelID = 6
                        helpString = graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][2]
                        selectedSL = 0
                        if(cellNumber == 2) then
                                Infinity_PlaySound('GAM_09')
                                graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][4] = toggleFrame(graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][4])

if graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][4] == 0 then
                                        graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][5] = 0
                                else
                                        graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][5] = 1
                                end
                                graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][6] = 1
                                --Infinity_ChangeOption(graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][3], graphicsToggles[selectedGraphicOpt][5], panelID )
                        end
..."]:1>         end:7: in function <[string "function action0692CDD8 ()

I would have never guessed it's Portrait Picker.

1 hour ago, lefreut said:

No problem, I'm glad I can help fixing things. I'm really determined to flesh my install order and don't want to abandon any mods, unless there is no other way. 

1 minute ago, subtledoctor said:

I highly doubt the number of kits listed inside a window would affect the transparency of this or that UI element. What do they have to do with one another?

Don't know, but I've installed every UI from my list in every combination, and none of this caused this transparency. What else could it be? Since it's only happen in class selection screen, I though it may be some kit mod doing this. 

17 minutes ago, Cahir said:

Don't know, but I've installed every UI from my list in every combination, and none of this caused this transparency. What else could it be? Since it's only happen in class selection screen, I though it may be some kit mod doing this. 

What are the mods that add a huge number of class/kit so I can try?

Kit mods, from my lists:

-Faiths and Powers (including FnP multiclass) - this mod adds the highest number of kits

- Tome and Blood

- Might and Guild

- Monastic Order of Faerun

- Wil of Power

- Shadow Magic

- Other (couple of Shaman kits from Ulb, one shaman kit from Will of the Wisps, Wizard Slayer Rebalancing, Chaos Sorcerer) 

Edited by Cahir

@Cahir I specify the default MOS file used by the different games (BGEE+SoD, BGEE-SoD/BG2EE, or IWDEE).  I'm guessing it detects SoD, but EET either doesn't import or renames the MOS file used by SoD.

I've made a small update (v.29) to prioritize the BGEE/BG2EE MOS over the SoD version if EET is detected.

If you don't want to reinstall, it should be fixable by opening UI.MENU, and replacing the string any instance of the string "GUICGWDE" with "GUISMF".

Edited by kjeron
2 hours ago, kjeron said:

@Cahir I specify the default MOS file used by the different games (BGEE+SoD, BGEE-SoD/BG2EE, or IWDEE).  I'm guessing it detects SoD, but EET either doesn't import or renames the MOS file used by SoD.

I've made a small update (v.29) to prioritize the BGEE/BG2EE MOS over the SoD version if EET is detected.

If you don't want to reinstall, it should be fixable by opening UI.MENU, and replacing the string any instance of the string "GUICGWDE" with "GUISMF".

No problem to reinstall, I will probably be testing and reinstalling this setup few times. Thank you very much! Will let you know if this update fixed this issue. 

15 hours ago, Cahir said:

@lefreut @subtledoctor @argent77 Ok did some UI testing on clean BG2EE regarding blank proficiencies issue

1. LeUI + SoB -> Proficiencies show up correctly, no unused proficiencies visible

2. LeUI + EEUI Tweaks + SoB -> Proficiencies show up correctly, no unused proficiencies visible

3. LeUI + EEUI Tweaks + Reveal Hidden Options + SoB -> Proficiencies show up correctly, no unused proficiencies visible

So it does not seem to be an incompatibility issue between SoB and UI mods I'm using. I'm starting to get suspicion this might be an EET doing. Will do the same test on EET.

Ok, I've done another test of this issue. This time option 3 on EET. So, I've just added EET, the rest of the setup is the same. The result is that Proficiencies show up correctly, no unused proficiencies visible. So it's not EET that is causing this.

Any other ideas, which mod could do it? It needs to be a mod that touches proficiency system. In my full setup the only two mods I've installed that I know them to touch proficiencies are Scales of Balance and Alter Weapon Proficiency System from Tweaks Anthology (specifically first option. Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies). But those mods only group some proficiencies. @Bubb any chance that Dual to Kit might do something like this, forcing visibility of unused proficiencies?

rviWok5.jpg

In the meantime I'll run another full installation to check if those three issues were fixed by mod updates:

- Refinements installation fail -> should be fixed by v4.26

- Enable Dual-Class to Kits incompatibility with LeUI -> should be fixed by 0.29

- Familliar icons not visible with LeUI -> should be fixed by v.0.8.49

Bugs still to be solved:

- EEUI Tweaks Portrait Picker incompatibility with Reveal Hidden Options -> should be fixed in the next version of EEUI Tweaks (thanks in advance @lefreut !)

- Installation warning for Will to Power -> this needs update of the UI function by @Bubb and then updating mod by @subtledoctor. This issue is affecting also Revised Identify component from Tome and Blood.

- Monastic Orders of Faerun installation warnings -> needs updating ADD_KIT function by @Aquadrizzt

- Unused proficiencies forced visible -> cause unknown yet

- any other bugs which will come up when I get the chance to test the game.

Will be back with the report.

Edited by Cahir

@kjeron If I install only DUAL_TO_KIT on BG2EE. I get this on character creation when choosing a class:

Spoiler

Baldr000.thumb.png.3cd4be094a4d2956ea14203edc96580b.png

The frame is darkened because the menu CHARGEN_CLASS is changed into 'modal'. And the bottom buttons are not properly displayed because they use GUIBUTMT (which is a SoD only BAM), they should keep using GUIOSTUL/GUIOSTUM.

2 hours ago, Cahir said:

- Enable Dual-Class to Kits incompatibility with LeUI -> should be fixed by 0.29

Dual to Kit overwrites a menu that is heavily changed by LeUI. So it reverts the class selection screen to its vanilla look. I don't know if it's easy to fix.

2 hours ago, Cahir said:

- Unused proficiencies forced visible -> cause unknown yet

I can reproduce with LeUI + EEUITweaks + Scale of Balance + Dual to Kit. I'm looking into this.

Edited by lefreut

@subtledoctor during my current installation I noticed that component 69 Inedible Familiars was skipped. Is it skipped when component 67 Choose your own familiar is installed? At least this is my understanding watching the code. Are those two components mutually exlusive?

// -----------------------------
// 69: INDELIBLE FAMILIARS
// -----------------------------
BEGIN @69
DESIGNATED 69
REQUIRE_PREDICATE (GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee iwdee eet~) @1
FORBID_COMPONENT ~TomeandBlood.tp2~ ~67~ @4
GROUP @7

COPY_EXISTING ~sw1h01.itm~ ~override/qdtnb_indelible_familiars.qd~ //detection for this component

INCLUDE ~TomeAndBlood/comp/setup_familiars.tpa~

LAF indelible_familiars END