Cahir's EET Epic Run Mod Order help request

19 minutes ago, Bubb said:

@Cahir A user on the Beamdog forums alerted me to a crash that occurred when the Extended Skills component was installed, (it actually was an engine bug, not EEex, but I digress). You should probably make sure your install is using EEex v0.8.6-alpha, or you might experience a rare crash now and then.

@Bubbthanks, I was just going to write this here, actually 😁

@subtledoctorany chance you could fix those warnings from M&G and FnP that me and @4udr4n reported in dedicated threads? I noticed you have fixed Hivekeeper, but this is probably something different that I've reported. I know it's far from priority (since those errors seem harmless), but that would make PI install proces a bit more automatized. 

53 minutes ago, Cahir said:

@subtledoctorany chance you could fix those warnings from M&G and FnP that me and @4udr4n reported in dedicated threads? I noticed you have fixed Hivekeeper, but this is probably something different that I've reported. I know it's far from priority (since those errors seem harmless), but that would make PI install proces a bit more automatized. 

@Cahir If you want to ignoring 'mod warrings' and continue installation, I think that PI is the optimal place to handle such request. I'm sure that @subtledoctor has resons (debbuging) to keep those warnings appear.

1 minute ago, AL|EN said:

@Cahir If you want to ignoring 'mod warrings' and continue installation, I think that PI is the optimal place to handle such request. I'm sure that @subtledoctor has resons (debbuging) to keep those warnings appear.

Well, sure, if it's possible to handle this via PI, I'm all for it! I was asking @subtledoctorabout it, because he mentioned that he "should probably silence those warnings" (quote not accurate, from memory). I wasn't even sure if this can be handled by PI.

2 hours ago, AL|EN said:

Not really.  The nature of ALTER_EFFECT and CLONE_EFFECT is that you can use them with COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~*.spl~ to do something like,

• if the spell has effect with opcode 206
  • the effect's timing mode is 1
  • set the duration to 60

That sort of thing can be useful in many ways, for the kinds of mods I tend to make.  But if it finds a spell with opcode 206 and timing mode 1 whose duration is already 60, it spits a NO EFFECTS ALTERED! warning.  Not because something went wrong, only because it found a spell that doesn't need any patching.  That doesn't matter to me - I use the function as a filter, and the filter is working!

You can avoid such warnings by adding "INT_VAR silent = 1" to the function.  But, these functions appear approximately 3,000 times in each of my mods (okay that's very approximate... but, it's a lot) so it's hard to find each and every one to suppress the warning.

I suppose what we should really do is modify the function itself to omit such warnings... but that would take time, I would really need to thoroughly understand how it works, so that changing it doesn't create bugs.  This is possible... but not in the short-term.

3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Not really.  The nature of ALTER_EFFECT and CLONE_EFFECT is that you can use them with COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~*.spl~ to do something like,

• if the spell has effect with opcode 206
  • the effect's timing mode is 1
  • set the duration to 60

That sort of thing can be useful in many ways, for the kinds of mods I tend to make.  But if it finds a spell with opcode 206 and timing mode 1 whose duration is already 60, it spits a NO EFFECTS ALTERED! warning.  Not because something went wrong, only because it found a spell that doesn't need any patching.  That doesn't matter to me - I use the function as a filter, and the filter is working!

You can avoid such warnings by adding "INT_VAR silent = 1" to the function.  But, these functions appear approximately 3,000 times in each of my mods (okay that's very approximate... but, it's a lot) so it's hard to find each and every one to suppress the warning.

I suppose what we should really do is modify the function itself to omit such warnings... but that would take time, I would really need to thoroughly understand how it works, so that changing it doesn't create bugs.  This is possible... but not in the short-term.

No worries, take your time! I hoped it might be an easy fix. 

Edited by Cahir

@subtledoctor from which mod is this tweak I found int your install order?

~POISON_NO_BYPASS/SETUP-POISON_NO_BYPASS.TP2~ #0 #3 // No Weapon -> Limited Exclusions(Anti-magic, AoE, Gaze): Mirror Image or Stoneskin: 1.0

Also, as I understand since current version of Will to Power is 0.99a, those two hotfixes from your list are not needed anymore?

~WTP_0-9-7_HOTFIX/WTP_0-9-7_HOTFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Will to Power 0.9.7 Hotfix
~WTP_AURA_HOTFIX/WTP_AURA_HOTFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Will to Power 0.9.7 Aura Cleansing Hotfix

40 minutes ago, Cahir said:

@subtledoctor if I install component 122 from Scales of Balance, I don't need to install components 121 and 124 too, because those are included in 122? I'm asking because if I put 122, 121 and 124 on install list, components 121 and 124 were skipped.

Correct.  If you choose 122, it installs 121 + 122 + 124.  You can choose 121 by itself, or 124 by itself, or 121 + 124 together.  But if you want 122, then you get all three as a package.

1 hour ago, Cahir said:

@subtledoctor from which mod is this tweak I found int your install order?

POISON_NO_BYPASS is a little mod made by Kjeron, which prevent poison and disease and other effects from going through Mirror Image and/or Stoneskin, with various options for the particular interactions.  It just lives in a little thread over at the Beamdog forums.  You'll have to do some searching to find it.  I'm a fan, I just keep a copy in my mods folder locally.

1 hour ago, Cahir said:

Also, as I understand since current version of Will to Power is 0.99a, those two hotfixes from your list are not needed anymore?

It should actually be v0.9.10, but maybe I forgot to update the version number in the .tp2.  Anyway, that's correct, those hotfixes were only needed for v0.9.7, the fixes are incorporated into 0.9.9 and higher.

9 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

POISON_NO_BYPASS is a little mod made by Kjeron, which prevent poison and disease and other effects from going through Mirror Image and/or Stoneskin, with various options for the particular interactions.  It just lives in a little thread over at the Beamdog forums.  You'll have to do some searching to find it.  I'm a fan, I just keep a copy in my mods folder locally.

Yeah, I thought it might be one of @kjeron's. These are usually the only mods I don't know about (since as you've said, it's buried under tons of BD forum topics).

Anyway I've manage to run another test run, but probably it'll finish at night, so I'll probably check how it goes tomorrow. So far so good, no errors and warnings yet. I expect them to start around FnP and MnG (those warnings I experienced last time). Let's see.