Transitions mod for BG1, SoD, BG2 and EET

Lauriel

1 hour ago, Gwaihir said:

May I ask if you have another version planned for the near future? I'll probably start a new installation soon, but I'm always on the lookout for updates.

As far as I know, Transitions is finished.  I've not found any other bugs and have play tested it quite a bit.

Guest Morgoth

Hello Lauriel, an unrelated question - years ago I seem to have read somewhere that you were planning for a third path for Bg2 SoA ( not thieves and not bodhi path) - did you release it, are you still working on it, or did you actually stop working on it ?

About  "140 - Use Irenicus in hell movie to restore Bhaal-spawn powers after he is defeated":

- Just for confirmation: Any difference with the one from Unfinished Business (beside the fact that the restoration is triggered by a movie)?

- How about compatibility? Any issue to install them both or should i stick to one?

Alternatives to restore Bhaalspawn Powers in BG2:

"19 - Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider" from Unfinished Business

"40 - Restored Bhaalspawn Powers" from Ascension

"Use movie of Irenicus in hell as a dream to restore all Bhaalspawn powers" from Themed Tweaks

"140 - Use Irenicus in hell movie to restore Bhaal-spawn powers after he is defeated" from Transitions

"218 - Regain Bhaalpowers in ToB" from atweaks

On 9/23/2023 at 11:42 PM, Mordekaie said:

About  "140 - Use Irenicus in hell movie to restore Bhaal-spawn powers after he is defeated":

- Just for confirmation: Any difference with the one from Unfinished Business (beside the fact that the restoration is triggered by a movie)?

- How about compatibility? Any issue to install them both or should i stick to one?

Safest is probably: Choose one, only install one, skip the component on other mods. Hard to tell how many of these mods check for the presence of how many others during install.

=============================

Thanks for the mod. It is great to see new ideas for BG1&2 brought to life in 2023.

Regarding this mod, the one thing i really needed is:

Prevents the end of game transition to ToB after Irenicus's death (BG2 to ToB).

Because i use pretty much all SoD mods by Jastey, and her Ajantis mod, too, i would like to keep the whole EndlessBG1 experience -for consistency sake- and not overwrite anything with Transitions. Actually, i have probably more than 50% of her mods on my list. That's something. And so, i personally only needed the feature quoted above.

May i suggest to @jastey to add this option to BG2 in Endless BG1 if installed on EET? I know it is BG1, but without an Endless BG2 mod, having the component as an option in Endless BG1 would be helpful.

And may i suggest to @Lauriel to make simple transition components installable without the whole shebang?

And by the way... an Endless BG2 mod would probably be a good thing to make... You end things in Suldanessalar, end up in Hell, and the next thing you know is: war rages, children of Bhaal wreack havoc on the Sword Coast and you end up draged into it just because you were told to talk to some random statue and coincidentally, one of the 5 was there... Wut Bioware? No time to rest. There is a sudden time skip without any foreshadowing of what really is a full blown disaster. What were you doing while the 5 rampaged? No idea, it is too sudden. Probably, some kind of smoother and more progressive transition would help in getting more involved with the dull ToB expansion.

Edited by Nox
On 1/1/2024 at 6:45 PM, Nox said:

May i suggest to @jastey to add this option to BG2 in Endless BG1 if installed on EET? I know it is BG1, but without an Endless BG2 mod, having the component as an option in Endless BG1 would be helpful.

I am planing on making an "EndlessSoA" mod. It's on the list, but no ETA.

27 minutes ago, jastey said:

I am planing on making an "EndlessSoA" mod. It's on the list, but no ETA.

You seem to have a lot of work ^^. But indeed, once more, i am interested in any project you come up with. Thanks for the answer.