Subrace mod

On 5/23/2022 at 6:56 PM, Greenhorn said:

Since I regularly used FinnJo's and Welverin's subrace mods ( often together) in classic games I guess I must try this mod for EE too. But I have few questions, from what I can see in README this mod changes Viconia, Baeloth and Haer'Dalis and this is not optional. So drow disadvantages will stack with Viconia's revamped mod disadvantages but that is not what worries me, in fact I like it. What concerns me however is that it will actually lower Viconia's magic resistance in SoD and Tob. And from I gather from README this mod will give Haer'Dalis 20% resistance to acid, cold and electrical damage while as Tiefling in SoA he already has:

I didn't change the resistance etc. with standard NPCs. They add some abilities, such as Fairy Fire for Viconia, the display of the subrace in the Character Record, and the ability to check the subrace in scripts/dialogues.

On 5/24/2022 at 1:47 AM, Greenhorn said:

While 10%/20% in dark areas to Hide in the shadows skill is probable explanation for the former I can only make educated guesses. While I also thought at first that +2 is x2 elven 5% racial bonus on finding traps Ghostwise halfling Advantages: +5 Search traps (for thieves) left me wandering. "shrugs" I hope @tipun will be kind enough to answer this eventually when he drops by. 

This needs to be checked. Perhaps I made a mistake in the description. Because I took subraces from IWD2, and there, as far as I remember, when translating values from DnD3 to ADnD2.5, the value must be multiplied by 5 (in most cases).

2 hours ago, tipun said:

I didn't change the resistance etc. with standard NPCs. They add some abilities, such as Fairy Fire for Viconia, the display of the subrace in the Character Record, and the ability to check the subrace in scripts/dialogues.

That would be cool, as Viconia has 65% magic resistance in SoD and ToB and drow description from this mod gives flat 50% without 2% increase per level. If she gets adjustments from this mod to her stats and abilities and keeps her original MR that would be ideal ( for me). 

3 hours ago, tipun said:

This needs to be checked. Perhaps I made a mistake in the description. Because I took subraces from IWD2, and there, as far as I remember, when translating values from DnD3 to ADnD2.5, the value must be multiplied by 5 (in most cases).

Ah, so values are from IWD ( which I never played ) and 3rd edition D&D ( which I never read )? In any case I will install this mod and see although I wouldn't mind corrections to README when necessary when the time allows you, of course. Thank you for your explanations and answer. 

7 hours ago, Greenhorn said:

That would be cool, as Viconia has 65% magic resistance in SoD and ToB and drow description from this mod gives flat 50% without 2% increase per level. If she gets adjustments from this mod to her stats and abilities and keeps her original MR that would be ideal ( for me). 

Ah, so values are from IWD ( which I never played ) and 3rd edition D&D ( which I never read )? In any case I will install this mod and see although I wouldn't mind corrections to README when necessary when the time allows you, of course. Thank you for your explanations and answer. 

No, I did not touch the characteristics of the original NPCs. But I have an idea to improve MR and similar effects with level up. But that will probably be in the future.

As for the description in the readme, as it will be in time, I will definitely check it. Thanks for pointing this out.

Actually, I was doing the Subraces when I converted the IWD2 for the EET. But then, for some reason, I decided to separate them into a separate mod.

25 minutes ago, tipun said:

No, I did not touch the characteristics of the original NPCs. But I have an idea to improve MR and similar effects with level up. But that will probably be in the future.

As for the description in the readme, as it will be in time, I will definitely check it. Thanks for pointing this out.

Actually, I was doing the Subraces when I converted the IWD2 for the EET. But then, for some reason, I decided to separate them into a separate mod.

You mean Heart of Winter alpha? I can't wait to try it, I hope there is english translation, I will check it out. And looking inside Subraces files, YAY, I found 2 new subraces. Take your time, of course, leisure times are limited when you are working and good mod takes much of it. You can look at those two mods I listed previously for additional info/inspiration if you like and I hope you will make snow half-elf subrace eventually some day. My snow half-elf F/M/T was coolest and most capable character I ever played. :kungfu::)

7 hours ago, Greenhorn said:

You mean Heart of Winter alpha? I can't wait to try it, I hope there is english translation, I will check it out. And looking inside Subraces files, YAY, I found 2 new subraces. Take your time, of course, leisure times are limited when you are working and good mod takes much of it. You can look at those two mods I listed previously for additional info/inspiration if you like and I hope you will make snow half-elf subrace eventually some day. My snow half-elf F/M/T was coolest and most capable character I ever played. :kungfu::)

No, not Heart of Winter alpha. I meant IWD1 and IWD2 for EET. And they are now available to play. But there should still be one mod that should combine the plot of the IWD with the plot of the EET. But it is quite large in volume and is not ready yet. Therefore, a small mod is now available that adds a character that sends to the IWD. But now there is no such fusion of plots that I plan.

The other two mods you mentioned I saw once. But a very long time ago. Will need to download again.

12 minutes ago, tipun said:

No, not Heart of Winter alpha. I meant IWD1 and IWD2 for EET. And they are now available to play. But there should still be one mod that should combine the plot of the IWD with the plot of the EET. But it is quite large in volume and is not ready yet. Therefore, a small mod is now available that adds a character that sends to the IWD. But now there is no such fusion of plots that I plan.

The other two mods you mentioned I saw once. But a very long time ago. Will need to download again.

We are talking about this, right? https://arcanecoast.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1247 

Those two mods are available at TeamBG.CoM, I will gladly send you the links ( downloaded just today ) if you want. 

59 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

IWDification doesn't have a Faerie Fire. Do you mean SR or the SoD spell?

Are you sure Graion? I checked Jaheira's memorized Faerie fire with EEkeeper and then with changelog:

[WeiDU-FileChangelog.exe] WeiDU version 24700

Mods affecting SPPR122.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ 0 40 // IWD Divine Spell Packv5
00001:  ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ 0 201 // Add spell school notifications to the combat logAll spells with a casting time greater than 1v3.1a

3 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

IWDification doesn't have a Faerie Fire. Do you mean SR or the SoD spell?

You are right of course, SPPR122.SPL is actually Sunscorch which is present in both IWDification and Subraces, Faerie fire in my install comes from those mods:

[WeiDU-FileChangelog.exe] WeiDU version 24700

Mods affecting SPPR116.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~DS/SETUP-DS.TP2~ 0 0 // Dark Side of the Sword Coast For Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Version 1.021.02
00001:  ~MIH_SP/SETUP-MIH_SP.TP2~ 0 1 // Made in Heaven: Divine Spellpackv6.1
00002:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 5000 // Ease-of-use party AI34.3
00003:  ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ 0 201 // Add spell school notifications to the combat logAll spells with a casting time greater than 1v3.1a

Hello. I want to say that the mod is not abandoned. I just don't have a computer right now. I'm not used to accessing the Internet from a tablet, so now I'll just say that as soon as the computer returns to me, I will try to take into account all the comments and suggestions. And also to make the display of characteristics the way they will be in the game. And now they are different. After all, all the properties of the subrace are applied after the start of the game.