Subrace mod

About the bonuses for drow not materializing, it seems I misunderstood how those bonuses are applied. I thought they could be applied in the character creation, but they are applied after the character is created. For example, if you create a drow elf with 18 intelligence, after creation, it becomes 19. Is this correct? If that's the case, then I retract my previous report, it's working as it should.

Also, about @subtledoctor's Scales of Balance, it seems to be working together just fine. The thing is that stat bonuses from his mod will allow stats to become higher than intended. Scales of Balance makes all elves able to reach 19 intelligence, for example. If you create a drow, and you get it up to 19, it will become 20 after creation.

Edited by RoyalProtector

Yes. Bonuses are applied, like all other effects, after character creation. I have not yet found an option to do this when creating a character. Perhaps this can be done using EEex. But I didn't know much about this mod.

I made a deep gnome, and for some reason I don't accumulate any XP - setting xp with the console works to set to a fixed amount (which is then set to 85% of the value) but actually gaining xp from a mob or quest, no increase (I was at 0 up until nashkel - I tried setting to 1000 via console, it set to 850 - I then tried to get some more xp from mob/quest, and it didn't increase).

I went with a deep gnome ranger (stalker) thanks to loosened mod class restrictions - my full weidu.log is attached.

I also tested with an Elf (Drow) and trueclass fighter vs usually disallowed class combos - seems any of the subraces with xp penalties don't gain any xp at all (I didn't test a non-penalized sub-race yet, I'll do that next).

weidu.log

In EEKeeper, if I remove protection from opcode[101] which has value of 104, I can get XP points (albeit at odd values if I leave the 85 value effect in).

My protection from opcode[101] has a value of 0 and 104(xp) - this entry says:

#104 (0x68) Stat: Experience Points
Parameter #1:	Statistic Modifier
Parameter #2:	Type
Description:
Applies the modifier value specified by the Statistic Modifier field in the style specified by the Type field.
Known values for Type are:

0 ⟶ Cumulative Modifier: XP = XP + 'Statistic Modifier' value
    1 ⟶ Flat Value Modifier: XP = 'Statistic Modifier' value
    2 ⟶ Percentage Modifier: XP = (XP * 'Statistic Modifier' value) / 100

The effect modifies XP. 

Even though it'd be foregoing the xp mod penalty, I may just remove both effects so this character remains playable...

Other notes:  I'm on BGEE/2 with an EET setup.

General feedback: Love the system!  I would make the color palette a default vs a persistent effect though - I want a blue skinned deep gnome, not this grayish color

Edited by ahungry
10 minutes ago, Endarire said:

@ahungry
Was this problem on an EET install?

Yes, EET - easiest way to check if impacted is start a subrace, and do the lost book for Phydria or w/e - run to hay, get the book and bring it back - it should always net some xp (on my EET with most defaults - around ~40 xp) - which at 85% should still be about 30 xp, not keep the character at 0.

I was thinking that perhaps it started me at negative xp, but that wasn't the case - quest/mobs never awared xp, only the console.

@ahungryNow I checked on BGEE (without mods) and EET (with mods). In both cases, I gained experience. Maybe some mod is blocking something. But I don't really know what tech/tactical mods change. Therefore, I can’t say for sure what blocks the experience. But I would advise next time to install Subraces closer to the end of the installation.

I tried installing it on top of LeUI to see if I can make it work.

The code that add the subrace string in the record screen tries to patch this line:

table.insert(statusEffects, v)

into this:

--srText = ""
			--if ( v.bam ~= 'SRSUBICO' ) then
						if ( v.strRef == 34039 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 26753 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34041 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34042 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34044 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34043 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34045 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 24203 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34040 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34046 ) then
			--	table.insert(statusEffects, v)
				srText = Infinity_FetchString(v.strRef)
			else
			--	srText = Infinity_FetchString(v.strRef)
				table.insert(statusEffects, v)
			end

Fails on top of LeUI because with these UIs, the line looks like this instead:

table.insert(recordInfos, {2,v})

And should be patched into this:

--srText = ""
			--if ( v.bam ~= 'SRSUBICO' ) then
						if ( v.strRef == 34039 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 26753 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34041 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34042 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34044 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34043 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34045 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 24203 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34040 ) or
			   ( v.strRef == 34046 ) then
			--	table.insert(recordInfos, {2,v})
				srText = Infinity_FetchString(v.strRef)
			else
			--	srText = Infinity_FetchString(v.strRef)
				table.insert(recordInfos, {2,v})
			end

Also the code that patch the CHARGEN_RACE menu produces an invalid UI.menu, I don't know why.

There are three occurrences of a double '}}' that should be a single '}'.

And for these two blocks of code, there is an extra " at the end of the first line that should not be there.

action "currSubrace = sbSubraceData[currChargenSubrace][3]; getSubrace = 0"
			Infinity_PopMenu()
			createCharScreen:OnDoneButtonClick()
		"
		action "currChargenSubrace = nil; getSubrace = 0; currSubrace = 10"
			Infinity_PopMenu()
			createCharScreen:OnCancelButtonClick()
		"

After manually fixing the UI.menu with these changes, it seems to work as expected but I don't know what needs to be changed in the install code to fix these issues.

And one small detail, the 'subrace select' button is in an odd position with LeUI.

Edited by lefreut