Subrace mod

I am making a new subrace (human: half-dragon). Rate how balanced it is. Or too strong.

Spoiler

@1000 = ~HALF-DRAGON~
@1001 = ~HALF-DRAGON
When a dragon in polymorphed form mates with another creature, the union sometimes produces half-dragon offspring. A creature might also transform into a half-dragon as a result of a mad wizard's spell or a ritual bath in dragon's blood. In all these cases, the result is a creature that combines the essence of a dragon with the form of its original race. Regardless of their origins, all half-dragons have similar features and appearance, gaining special senses, resistance to destructive energy, and a breath weapon.

Advantages:
 Infravision
 Immunity to sleep, paralysis, blindness
 Strength: +2

Resists 50% different damage. The type of resistance depends on the color:
 - Fire: Brass, Gold, Red
 - Cold: Silver, White
 - Electricity: Blue, Bronze
 - Acid: Black, Copper
 - Poison: Green

Half Dragon Breath:
 Breath attack 1 time per day. Damage depends on color:
 - Fire: Brass, Gold, Red
 - Cold: Silver, White
 - Electricity: Blue, Bronze
 - Acid: Black, Copper
 - Poison: Green
 Damage starts at 1d6 and increases as you level up:
 - Level 1: 1d6
 - Level 4: 2d6
 - Level 8: 3d6
 - Level 12: 4d6
 - Level 16: 5d6
 A saving throw against breath reduces damage by half.

Disadvantages:
 Cannot use helmets, shields, cloaks
 Can't Find Familiar
 Dexterity: -2
 Charisma: -1
 Gains only 85% of experience~

And please check my english.

My English, especially grammar isn't best, as you might see.
About the race itself, can you explain me this part:

"Resists 50% different damage. The type of resistance depends on the color:"

depends on the color of our hero skin ? (nice idea :) ) , what will happen if someone will change skin during game? (Ruppert dye mod)

For me it seams balanced even maybe a bit to debuffed.

thank you on working on this MOD, me and my team  of adventurers waits for more :D

Edited by Ezakimake

@tipun
When someone else made a subrace mod, they made half-dragons with half-orc as the base race, just so half-orcs got some subraces.  (It's your choice as to how you handle them.)  Graphically, the abishai from Planescape: Torment might be fitting as models.

Half-Dragon damage resistance: "Each half-dragon resists 50% of the damage type of its breath weapon.  For example, a half-green dragon has 50% acid resistance, a half-white dragon has 50% cold resistance, a half-red dragon has 50% fire resistance, and a half-blue dragon has 50% electricity resistance."  (I assume each half-dragon has a breath weapon.  If not, change that text.)

To clarify, do subrace stat modifiers replace the original race modifiers?  If not, are they in addition to the original race's modifiers?

Not. I want to make wings for basic character animations that the player can choose. In the same way as in 1pp, wings are made for eriniyes(I don't know exactly how this word is spelled in English ).

Therefore, he forbade this race to use helmets.

Edited by tipun

I always hope I can role-play other races in BG2, especially as drow.

Glad to know there is a sub-race MOD now that does not interfere with romance. Definitely will use this some day especially for my playthrough with Solaufein NPC MOD. I remember there is an installation component to make him recognize charname as drow.

It could be difficult to implement, but it would be great if there are some sub-race specific dialogues choices someday, especially for drow.

Edited by marcnivar
2 hours ago, marcnivar said:

with Solaufein NPC MOD. I remember there is an installation component to make him recognize charname as drow.

This is for my Solaufein Mod (just to make sure because there is also Weimer's first Solaufein mod) which doesn't have a romance. The recognition of PC being drow via installed subrace mod would be automatic, the additional component for recognition of PC being drow is only for adding a somewhat 4th wall breaking reply option into Adalon's dialogue to set the variable this way. This subrace mod is not yet considered, I need to update my Solaufein mod.