Skills and Abilities Mod

On 9/3/2022 at 8:38 AM, morpheus562 said:

New proficiencies in the works. So far:

SWIFTBLADE: This proficiency allows one to combine arcane-assisted speed with melee skill to turn a first strike into a deadly assault. With this proficiency, one discovers unconventional ways to utilize the haste spell. All abilities are cumulative.

• Arcane Reflexes (1 slot): The character gains a -2 bonus to Speed Factor while under the effects of a haste spell.
  • Swift Surge (2 slots): The character gains +1 bonus to Thac0 and AC while under the effects of a haste spell.
  • Blurred Alacrity (3 slots): The character becomes blurred while under the effects of a haste spell.
  • Greater Swift Surge (4 slots): The character gains an additional bonus to Thac0 and AC bringing it to +2 while under the effects of a haste spell.
  • Evasive Celerity (5 slots): The character gains +10% magic resistance while under the effects of a haste spell.

PALE MASTER: This proficiency path allows one to master the deathless arts. With this proficiency, one draws on a font of special lore that provides a macabre power all its own.

• Darkvision (1 slot): The character gains the ability to see in the dark.
  • Bone Skin (2 slots): The character's flesh becomes tough and cadaverous providing +2 bonus to AC.
  • Deathless Vigor (3 slots): The character gains a +2 bonus to save vs. Paralysis / Poison / Death
  • Tough as Bone (4 slots): The character becomes immune to hold, paralysis, and stun effects.
  • Deathless Mastery (5 slots): The character gains immunity to all forms of death magic.

Please Note: Spell Penetration will require EEex and it requires adjustments to an existing opcode to work. No ETA on when/if this will be available.

SPELL PENETRATION: This proficiency allows a caster to bypass a portion of a target's magic resistance.

• Spell Penetration (1 slot): The wizard can bypass 10% of a target's magic resistance.
  • Greater Spell Penetration (2 slots): The wizard can bypass 25% of a target's magic resistance.

Would these new proficiencies be accessible to everyone? Because these sound more like class features than proficiencies to me. And very specific,  compared to the more generalist proficiencies you have in the current version of the mod. 

Of course there is already a pale master in the artisan's kit pack. 

I do see some nice synergies with swiftblade for thieves, f/m, f/m/t, or possibly for your eldritch scion. But shouldn't that be more of a kit feature, with some corresponding drawbacks, since it basically boosts an already very useful spell? 

Edited by Satrhan
3 hours ago, Satrhan said:

Would these new proficiencies be accessible to everyone? Because these sound more like class features than proficiencies to me. And very specific,  compared to the more generalist proficiencies you have in the current version of the mod. 

Of course there is already a pale master in the artisan's kit pack. 

I do see some nice synergies with swiftblade for thieves, f/m, f/m/t, or possibly for your eldritch scion. But shouldn't that be more of a kit feature, with some corresponding drawbacks, since it basically boosts an already very useful spell? 

All classes will get access to Swiftblade. It provides a super haste (or super improved haste), but that is 5 prof points to get there. It is a path a character will have to want to go down, and I want to offer many paths that players can choose from to really customize their characters outside of "Grog is good with axe". If I am going to do a Fighter(9)->Mage, I can either go Spellcraft to improve my casting OR I can improve in Swiftblade to enhance when I use haste spells. If I am a Paladin, I can put points into Armor, Divine, Conditioning, or Swiftblade. Lots of different options that players can now branch out into instead of choosing a weapon and weapon style.

For Pale Master, I understand it is a kit option in other kit mods. I wanted to provide it more as a prestige option for wizard characters to delve into as an alternative to spellcraft or other profs. For example: this will allow someone to be able to choose a necromancy wizard or Cleric/Mage that then delves into the arts of a pale master. As for who can get it, only Wizards will be able to get 5 pips in this prof point. Figthers, Clerics, and Thieves will be able to get 1 point in this prof so if they choose to dual class into a Wizard they would be able to get the full 5 pips.

Edited by morpheus562

With permission from @The Artisan, I am adding a new proficiency that ties into his Fighter Overhaul component from the Artisan's Kitpack mod. I will be offering a Power Striker Weapon Style that further enhances a character's power attack that is part of the Fighter Overhaul. This prof is 100% functional and will be included in my next release.

POWER STRIKER: This proficiency allows a warrior to attack with more ferocious Power Attacks.

Enhanced Power Attack (1 slot): The character gains a +5 damage bonus (instead of +3) when using the Power Attack modal. When using the Improved Power Attack modal, the character gains a +10 damage bonus (instead of +6).

Supreme Power Attack (2 slots): The character gains a +6 damage bonus (instead of +3) when using the Power Attack modal. When using the Improved Power Attack modal, the character gains a +12 damage bonus (instead of +6).

NOTE: Even though other classes may have access to this weapon style, only Fighters will be able to use it to improve their Power Attack modal.

As a side note, I updated the Skills and Abilities fighter overhaul to work in tandem with the Artisan's fighter overhaul. Players can choose one of or both the overhauls and it will work.

Edited by morpheus562

Hi, I'm using this mod (specifically the component that adds Open Locks and Find Traps to bards) and Artisan's Warlock kit (and many many others but I think those are the relevant ones) and everything seems to be working well. I was wondering if there's a way to make AI scripts that automatically turn on trapfinding for thieves work for bards/bard kits as well? (Or if that should already work because right now, for me, it isn't.) 

3 hours ago, docbeard said:

Hi, I'm using this mod (specifically the component that adds Open Locks and Find Traps to bards) and Artisan's Warlock kit (and many many others but I think those are the relevant ones) and everything seems to be working well. I was wondering if there's a way to make AI scripts that automatically turn on trapfinding for thieves work for bards/bard kits as well? (Or if that should already work because right now, for me, it isn't.) 

My enhanced powergaming scripts already do this.

3 minutes ago, LordofBones said:

Have you considered adding Spell Focus/GSF/ESF type proficiencies in line with the 3.5 feats, giving enemies penalties to saves against a certain school of magic?

Saves are very different in how bg2 uses it versus 3.5e. I'm hoping to be able to do spell penetration and greater spell penetration; however, I'll need to wait on EEex to update how an opcode functions. @Bubbis a very busy individual who has already done countless requests to assist me and my modding. If/when he gets around to this update, I can get it added to my list of proficiencies.

Big thanks to @Bubb for updating EEex to allow for me to create the following proficiency:

SPELL PENETRATION (Next Release & EEex Required): This proficiency allows a caster to bypass a portion of a target's magic resistance.

• Spell Penetration (1 slot): The wizard can bypass 10% of a target's magic resistance.
  • Greater Spell Penetration (2 slots): The wizard can bypass 25% of a target's magic resistance.