Skills and Abilities Mod

Guest morpheus562

Rebuke Undead AKA Command Undead is the evil aligned version of Turn Undead which, at least in vanilla BG, commands Undead creatures to fight for the party.

I saw that Paladins get Turn Undead 1/day per 4 class levels.

I mentioned boosting these thieving skills for the aforementioned classes since vanilla BG caps skills at or around 100 while Epic Thieving has use for these skills beyond this.  Epic Thieving Detect Illusions 101+ gives a 1% chance per 1 point above 100 to passively detect illusions.

Thankee!

Edited by Endarire
On 5/13/2022 at 8:30 AM, Graion Dilach said:

I guess evil clerics no longer able to dominate undead with this.

On 5/13/2022 at 8:32 AM, morpheus562 said:

Yes to both!

I always felt it was more of a nerf for evil characters to dominate undead while neutral and good clerics outright destroy them.

Hi morpheus, came across your mod, and there are some interesting things in here. Could give your proficiency system a shot in my next playthrough, it is something I was looking for. How will it interact with other mods that add or change kits, specifically ones that give a kit the ability to invest pips in specific weapons? 
Do you intend to add more proficiencies? So far you have one for arcane casters, one for divine, and two for fighters. Seems like there could be one for rogues.

Your Eldritch Scion also looks interesting. It reminds me off Deratiseur's 'Sorceler' mod, though that one is way more unbalanced. What is the intended playstyle for this kit though? The slower casting makes casting while in melee a bit hard (unless you wear robe of vecna I suppose). And I think it would benefit from having access to fighter/mage HLA's, but I saw you removed those in a recent update.
I ran a quick test with it on a clean BG2EE install, only installed the kit, but saw some issues; I didn't receive the penalty to spells per day, and I was able to equip splint mail. I don't think there are any armors above chain mail that allow spellcasting, but still. 

One reason I was turned off from using an Eldritch Scion - a Pathfinder Magus archetype reference - was the cast speed penalty.  If this penalty only applies in combat, I'd be more likely to use the class.  If this penalty is combat only, I request you add that note to the description.

Still, I enjoy another Fighter/Sorcerer style class in the Infinity Engine.  I remember years ago when people said this couldn't/shouldn't be done.  My, how things have changed!

Thankee!

Hello @morpheus562,

Me again, about a possible incompatibility between IR(R) and Skills-and-Abilities... (Some French players are very attached to Item Revision but also very interested in your mod.)

I don't know if this is relevant and if you can do something about it, but I'll report it anyway....

So it seems that when both mods are installed, the Archery Weapon Style gives a +4 bonus to damage rolls instead of +2. (and maybe the extra 1/2 attack per round become 1 extra attack with 2 slots in Archery, but I'm not sure...)

Here some screenshots and a archive Skills and Abilities.rarwith "BOW05.ITEM", "AROW01.ITEM" from both installation and weidu.log

Installation 01, only Skills-and-Abilities...

Spoiler

02.inventaire.png02.5.log.png02.archive.png

Installation 02, IR(R) and Skills-and-Abilities...

Spoiler

01.inventaire.png01.log.png01.archive.png

Installation 02, IR(R) and Skills-and-Abilities... Imoen comparaison....

Spoiler

01.inventaire.Imoen.png01.archive.Imoen.png

Hello !

Great news !

So thanks again ! Several players will be pleased !

I've already said that, but your promptitude to solve issues is really appreciated...