Bug Reports for version 11

Domi

Guest DalreïDal

Well, maybe you've already noticed this, but I decided to make sure. For the dreams things in Ajantis's romance, it seems all the speeches happen "one dream early", if you understand what I mean, not only the one after the end of chap 2. (so far it's been happening for ends of chap. 2 and chap. 3).

Guest buzzkill

I found a Kagain bug. A banter was initialized, something like "Kagain looks less agitated than usual". The banter kept coming up over and over again no matter my choices. Finally it discontinued, but until I removed him from my group I had this anoying sutter that prevented me from keeping chests open. They would open, then immediately close.

Guest Mimic

Is Dynaheir supposed to be saying "I cannot tarry about for idle converstaion. As a knight there are many tasks that must be looked after."?

Guest Guest

Sorry for the double post, but here is another bug. I just got the talk where Imoen asks if that is Gorion's body on the ground. I am currently 30 days into the game. :-/

That sounds as though strings are getting seriously messed up, either that or variables are being set incorrectly. Domi's away on vacation at the moment, and she or one of the other BG1NPC coders/writers may have a better solution than this.

You might try backing up your savegames (and WeiDu log so you'll know what to install and in what order if this messes up) and then uninstalling and reinstalling BG1 NPC. Hopefully that should put everything back in its right order.

EDIT: Whoops, I just woke up to what this thread is. Err... just ignore me then. :p

I didn't see this in any Coran dialog bug threads but the BGT players have found one (we think). In Coran's J file fix (X#JFIX.D), there is this edit:

ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER CORANJ 6 ~Global("X#CoranWyvernWarning1","LOCALS",1)~

However, I don't see it actually being done to the file. DLTCEP isn't showing it but does show the next edit, which is to increment the global.

The question for us is, shouldn't the ADD_TRANS be switched with a ADD_STATE? This would edit the conditions of the dialog while a trans edits the conditions following that point. Right now, what players are getting is Coran having a dialog loop about the wyverns.

Guest Mimic

Wow. This is getting really weird. Dyna keeps turning to Branwen and saying "Thy called?" and now, after the Spider Bane quest, the Spider Woman said "Soon we shall all be together on Evermeet". In a male voice. :p:p

Guest buzzkill

I had picked up Minsc early in the game and then let him go for a while. Later on I picked him up again to finish his Dynaheir quest and after a while he started in on his banter with Imoen as if we had just saved her from Bohdi. Im a couple of areas away from the Gnoll Stronghold.

Guest Mimic

Now I am really curious. If I have a romance going with Branwen, then why is she making sexual passes at Minsc? This is really getting very creepy.

I did a full reinstall of all my games and then I set up Easy TUTU and Lo! the Beador quest worked fine until I got to the treehouse. Marnetha still isn't showing as others had described. But I think it was possibly a bad install or something in original TUTU.

I found a Kagain bug. A banter was initialized, something like "Kagain looks less agitated than usual". The banter kept coming up over and over again no matter my choices. Finally it discontinued, but until I removed him from my group I had this anoying sutter that prevented me from keeping chests open. They would open, then immediately close.

I need a saved game to see what is going on if you run a TUTU game. If it is a BGT, please, report the problem at an appropriate forum. It sounds like Kagain tries to initiate a dialogue from J-file and the conditions are not met, so he pulls on his PIDs.

Is Dynaheir supposed to be saying "I cannot tarry about for idle converstaion. As a knight there are many tasks that must be looked after."?

This is a known TUTU bug, Ajantis' line by whatever reason got assigned to Dynaheir.

Sorry for the double post, but here is another bug. I just got the talk where Imoen asks if that is Gorion's body on the ground. I am currently 30 days into the game. :-/

If you are in the area where Gorion's body was, that's the dialogue that did not have a chance to trigger beforehand because you either did not have Imoen in the party, or moved the party, whith globals setting themselves but dialogue failing to trigger. Or globals set, dialogue did not trigger and script prompted Imoen to speak and she reached for the first dialogue on the pile. I can try to add an aditional timer to make sure that the dialogue does not trigger too late in the game, but generally it is a good idea to clear your cache from time to time, by force talking NPCs to avoid the "storage" of the dialogues.

Wow. This is getting really weird. Dyna keeps turning to Branwen and saying "Thy called?" and now, after the Spider Bane quest, the Spider Woman said "Soon we shall all be together on Evermeet". In a male voice.

I need to have you saved game if you ar running TUTU to see which dialogue fails to trigger between Dynaheir and Branwen, as it looks that way. The misassigned voices were taken care of for the next version by Cmorgan.

I had picked up Minsc early in the game and then let him go for a while. Later on I picked him up again to finish his Dynaheir quest and after a while he started in on his banter with Imoen as if we had just saved her from Bohdi. Im a couple of areas away from the Gnoll Stronghold.

That sounds like one of BGT problems connected to the files having the same name for Imoen in BG1 and BG2. You will need to bug BGT team about it, I think they were fixing that.

The question for us is, shouldn't the ADD_TRANS be switched with a ADD_STATE? This would edit the conditions of the dialog while a trans edits the conditions following that point. Right now, what players are getting is Coran having a dialog loop about the wyverns.

You are most probably right, I will need to check what's up there.

Now I am really curious. If I have a romance going with Branwen, then why is she making sexual passes at Minsc? This is really getting very creepy.

Because that's how Branwen's character and romance were developped. Her relationship with the PC are not entirely and exclusevly commited, and she is not very comfortable with the feelings she is experiencing.

I did a full reinstall of all my games and then I set up Easy TUTU and Lo! the Beador quest worked fine until I got to the treehouse. Marnetha still isn't showing as others had described. But I think it was possibly a bad install or something in original TUTU.

Yes, I will be looking into Maretha's spawn for the next version. It seems to be a recuring problem with one or two pathes through the quest unaccounted for in the global setting in the tree-house.

Hello -

This is a known TUTU bug, Ajantis' line by whatever reason got assigned to Dynaheir.

I have located this and will fix it for the next release of EasyTutu. If you are aware of any more soundset issues, please let me know.

In my game, Dynaheir interjected in Shandalar's dialogue when I first met him in Ulgoth's Beard, saying something about a "blood debt" we had to pay for killing his daughters.

Thing is, I never killed his daughters but completed the quest through stealth. Shandalar's dialogue reflected this, but Dynaheir was acting as if Shandalar was forcibly sending us on the quest.

I got the same thing. What women? Where? I sort of wondered about that whole blood debt thing.

The other bug I've had, and its a doozy, is that my game won't end. I kill Sarevok and everyone thats with him but the fight never stops to cut to the Sarevok going down under movie.

I understand "something" happens at the end with the Dynaheir romance. Is this a related problem? My timer for talks is set at 15 minutes and I've had some odd jumps throughout. LT's out of sequence and such.

Anyway, I'm using the latest versions of tutu/fix pack/tweak pack. And I just checked with shadowkeeper, Lovetalk 51, and romanceactive2 if that helps.

Archived