Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...amp;#entry69139 is the actual master list, all formatted. My sincere suggestion is to print that to .pdf and use it that way, so you can make notes on things if you need to :)

That's the direct link, also found in the first post of this thread, and pinned at the top of the forum. Probably the one time Google might not help so much, as this thread has more activity;

and I (or Miloch or someone) will try to do those updates relatively soon, as there are some missing as referenced in the last few posts.

Reminder to the universe - Generalized Biffing, Miloch's compiled information on ambient sound and decompressing the realted .bif's to avoid crashes, Ascension64's Beregost Crash Fixer - I didn't see that new research reflected in the list.

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...amp;#entry69139 is the actual master list, all formatted

That's my problem. I went to the forums and found the pinned tutorial to get here, but I'm not seeing a list in the post. (I used the link in the original topic to get to this comment section.) This is all I see in the original topic:

"This post is a summary of discussions at various IE forums across the web, gathered by Miloch, Gorilym, CamDawg, berelinde, and cmorgan. It relies on you, the reader, to provide feedback and help us keep the list both accurate and up to date; please post comments in the appropriate discussion post.

This is not an endorsement list; players are encouraged to visit the forums and read the ReadMe files for information before installing anything smile.gif. This is strictly an evaluated list of mod install order and compatibility (Carrying on in Icelus' fine tradition of comprehensive, clear information, we hope!).

Please post your player notes on compatibility for any currently unevaluated mods. We can include your mod in the list when someone has made it through a game with your mod installed, so if your mod is not here, please check it and post below. The thread following contains research notes from fellow players regarding *compatibility*, not an evaluation of content.

The list is broken into Windows and Mac OS X compatibility lists. We do not yet have any compatibility information for Linux installs.

For commentary, questions, discussion, additions, feedback, etc., please go to this post.

This post has been edited by cmorgan: Aug 26 2010, 10:06 AM"

I have no idea how or why, but that is the entire pinned post. Windows updated, so I restarted. Then there were no longer any instructions on the page. I have no idea why it disappeared on me. I have never seen this happen before. Do other people still see the modlist and instructions on the original post pinned in the forum? If so, would someone mind just sending me a copy of the tutorial please?

Thanks for your quick reply, cmorgan. =)

Well, first thing is to get you a workable .pdf, so here - but it is not pretty!

Tutu_Mod_Compatibility_and_Order_of_Install.pdf

I never thought of doing a static version, but we probably should.

Second thing - check to see if you have accidentally set that thread set up as a different view. There are three - outline, standard, and linear+, all found under the box marked "options" at the top right of your view of the thread.

If that doesn't repair stuff, I would check your i.e., Firefox, Opera, or whatever it is you are using, and do a repair, just in case. Good luck!

okay, so...

many thanks, very much, for all of the attention that has already been lavished on this.

i am digging around and trying to pay attention to individual mod forums and readmes, so apologies in advance for when i overlook something relatively obvious...

i had some trouble installing several tweak mods, after uninstalling and scrubbing out all BG matter and starting all over again. in fact, all of these mods had installed agreeably, without error etc. the first time around. the main difference is that i added several more tweak mods the second time around: only ones that were in green in the compatibility list, and only in the install order recommended there. my reflexive assumption is that aTweaks (the first item i installed the second time around that i hadn't the first time around) may be far less compatible with various subsequent mods on the list than what i've read would indicate. (SHS endeavours seem to be more worried about BGT-compatibility, or am i way off base there?) i'll start over in a few hours and see if everything goes smooth again without aTweaks... but a few bits from it would be awfully nice to have :thumbsup:

the only other difference between the current and previous install is that the previous BG2 install was SoA from disc + fixpack + baldurdash, and the current is BG2+ToB from the GOG.com version with no adjustments prior to EasyTutu install; the BG+TotSC installs were GOG.com in both cases. though i haven't yet seen any mention of gog versions on the modding boards, i've been led to understand that they don't require any official patching (and before i added anything other than degreenifier and a small heap of NPCs to the prior install, it was playing just fine - didn't even encounter the beregost crash issue the first time around!)

finally, i was keeping track of where to send debug records in Notepad while going through my current installs... but i didn't save the .txt before my marvelous machine decided that it was too hot and rebooted. i've saved my weidu.log and all of the debug reports but i know that they had more than one target to report to (one of which was the g3 webmaster iirc), so i'll start poking around each mod thread for that info. just in case, however, is there anything resembling an all-purpose clearinghouse for such things?

sorry about the babbly style. old habits and all that.

i'll start over in a few hours and see if everything goes smooth again without aTweaks... but a few bits from it would be awfully nice to have :thumbsup:

correction: checked avenger's compatibility thread for aTweaks - recommends that it be installed after all other AI-tweaking mods, which is only slightly at odds with its placement on section 12 of the list here... perhaps add a note for aTweaks or shift it to the bottom of that section?

referring to post #2 here - http://www.shsforums.net/topic/44513-compr...-install-order/

Reverendratbastard - thanks, we could use the data! Feel free to send anything you have to cmorganbg at gmail dot com, and i will set aside some time to update the threads.

Of particular interest is Avenger's aTweaks and RR, the newer version of SCS, and Ascension64's ToBEX stuff. But any feedback we have is great. While I respect and admire BGT and BWP, there are still plenty of us EasyTutu folks out here.

Feel free to send anything you have to cmorganbg at gmail dot com, and i will set aside some time to update the threads.

will do! in just a bit... testing out one more clean install first.

Of particular interest is Avenger's aTweaks and RR, the newer version of SCS, and Ascension64's ToBEX stuff. But any feedback we have is great. While I respect and admire BGT and BWP, there are still plenty of us EasyTutu folks out here.

i'm sure i'll be back for bg2 assistance/with feedback once i've set up a dozen or so completed tutu games - but i won't even guess how long that'll take me :thumbsup: in the interim i'll at least be making encouraging noises towards mods-in-progress and volunteering for proofreading and testing, even (not likely, given my inactivity thereof over the last seven years, but we'll still call it potentially possible) technical scutwork!

I am hoping that ToBEX is possible to use with EasyTutu; that, along with charm fixes, would seriously be awesome on an EasyTutu game.

oops, still having knee-jerk reactions when i see 'ToB' :thumbsup: okay, i'll give it a whirl! would my chances be any different installing that in the bg2 directory prior to tutu conversion? (same question for anything else outside of the tutu compat. list, for that matter - i've done nothing to the (again, gog.com version) bg2 install other than add character soundsets thus far...)

About SCS-RR-aTweaks, aVENGER recommended that RR be installed after SCS and aTweaks after RR. I assume he had some reason for this. Off-hand I can't think of any interactions between RR and SCS*, though I'll admit I'm less familiar with RR than I probably should be.

*There are interactions between SCS and aTweaks, however, and aTweaks probably should be installed after SCS.

Awesome - I now am itching to have a new game!

@Reverendratbastard - http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=159498

gives the whole rundown. Nothing on BG except official patch before EasyTutu.

I swear, man, it really really is the safest/best/most bugfixed possible deal. BG+TOTSC, official patch if necessary , BG2+ToB, patch if necessary, then mod from that baseline.

Archived