Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

What parts of it do you use, Miloch?
Well, I haven't actually played a Tutu game in ages (been too busy modding for it) so I haven't used it. But Wounded Lion tested it and said it's compatible... Not sure where it should go as far as order. One thing it does is add and tweak druid spells, which makes me wonder whether it should be installed before or after Divine Remix... I guess someone with more time should probably test that...

Okay. I'll have a look through the readme sometime and see what I fancy using.

cmorgan, I noticed that the readme says 'a careful of install of BG1 UB'. Cheers for keeping the list updated. I do wonder if it's at all possible to have a BG2 mod install list based on the same principles. I need to find out at some point if Ascension and Tactics go before or after the Fixpack, and I know I'm not alone in wondering this.

I need to find out at some point if Ascension and Tactics go before or after the Fixpack, and I know I'm not alone in wondering this.
I'm quite sure Fixpack has to be installed right after ToB's patch, thus before any other mod.

Sorry - flying through - Bursk, I have been working primarily out of this thread, and the occasional PM, so I am not sure about a changelog. Actually, this thread *is* the changelog, just in wild discussion format :) If someone wanted to post a "changes/comparison", I could copy the old list to a new post before I edit it, if folks want.

As for the BG2 list, there are good folks at SHS who have some recommendations for BG2, BGT, and MegaMod installs. There is a PPG post of WeiDU.logs that gives information on what people are using successfully and in what order.

Unfortunately, the problem with a BG2 install order list still remains huge. Some basic challenges that Tutu does not have to deal with (and why this thread is even possible for all of us to build together):

multiple "starting points" patch/fixpack/baldurdash across two full games (BG and BG2).

Many, many more mods available.

Many, many more design philosophies/compatibility views active.

EasyTutu. (Stable, fixed, absolutely-the-same-everywhere override).

I am not sure how aanyone could come up with a list like this for BG2. The closest approach is building out of the Mega folks, with the database project going on over there where mods get listed and information about compatibility and such attached.

Hey, I found out recently from DavidW that you can use the SCS II Ease-of-use party AI with Tutu. This looks to be better than the SCS Ease-of-use player AI, mainly because it allows you to toggle melee on and off (the K key). I think it'd be worth adding this to the list.

Heya - Quick general request for any updates, additions, and install order recommendation tweaks on Tutu-compatible mods. ETA on review of this thread and updating the master post is Wednesday, July 23, 2008.

I just installed my game again following the order proposed. I didn't install anything not on the list except bg2 tweaks, as miloch suggested. That one I put at the end since it seemed most logical to me to do so.

5.3 iiItem does not play nice at all. I got the most recent version. It kept going over the same error for about 20 minutes before I killed it. I clicked it again to uninstall, no luck. It doesn't give an uninstall option.

... but I would like to uninstall it as I now have arrows with very bizarre names and descriptions, and probably more that I have yet to discover.

I suggest you take that one off the safe list since I did not deviate from it in my installation.

I just installed my game again following the order proposed. I didn't install anything not on the list except bg2 tweaks, as miloch suggested. That one I put at the end since it seemed most logical to me to do so.
BG2 Tweaks should definitely be on that list; something very wrong has happened to it if it's not.
5.3 iiItem does not play nice at all. I got the most recent version. It kept going over the same error for about 20 minutes before I killed it. I clicked it again to uninstall, no luck. It doesn't give an uninstall option.
I have noted some issues with it but I've never seen a hard error on installing it. Do you remember what it said? It might be recorded in the setup-iiitem.debug file, but possibly not if you had to terminate it. This is also why, unfortunately, you can't uninstall it, but I gave manual instructions on how to do this in the L1NPCs bug report thread.

Also, igi (the mod author) has asked for folks to report any issues or comments of any sort to him at the forum in the first link. He is usually pretty good about fixing things :fish:.

Incidentally, was this on an EasyTutuSoA install? Maybe that was the issue, since several people have used it successfully on EasyTutu.

I used tob this time. I actually went to try installing it again so that I could copy the error for you. Somewhat mysteriously, it worked this time, so I can't :fish:. I am putting it at the end rather in the order proposed, though. Also doing it on the next day. Maybe something else had a handle on something still?

I guess it is good since it means I probably don't have to install it all yet again :O

I am putting it at the end rather in the order proposed, though. Also doing it on the next day. Maybe something else had a handle on something still?
I dunno, maybe you had the game or an editor or another mod running, who knows. You can put it wherever, just note it can take a lot longer at the end than at the beginning, as discussed in the first link I noted. Because the more mods you have, the longer it'll take, since it tries adding stuff to mod resources too.
I dunno, maybe you had the game or an editor or another mod running, who knows. You can put it wherever, just note it can take a lot longer at the end than at the beginning, as discussed in the first link I noted. Because the more mods you have, the longer it'll take, since it tries adding stuff to mod resources too.

I didn't, no, and wouldn't do that intentionally, but sometimes processes will not let go of handles, in my experience. It was just an uninformed guess.

There is one strange thing that might make sense to someone other than myself. When I first went to try to install it this morning, my whole display got seriously garbled and I had no interface :s. I cut the power, rebooted, and tried again (dangerous, perhaps, but oh well). When I tried again, it went smoothly. I had not rebooted between the first and second attempted install.

I just installed the new vid card driver yesterday, and that messed up my display. I had to get drivers for my monitor since windows had "lost" them, and then I had to set up a custom resolution as the new vid card drivers aren't working as they should when it comes to selecting different options. I hate new drivers sometimes :fish:

I guess all this would be difficult to replicate, but there it is. The other mods that came on before and after had no troubles or errors.

Sorry, stupid newbie quesiton coming, I just installed Easy Tutu and want to start installing the mods. Great sticky on the order, but...

I didn't see any mention of XP Cap removers in the main post/installation order sticky.

1) Does a BG1 XP Cap remover need to be installed at all, if so, when?

2) For BG2, do you intall before the content mods?

Thanks, sorry if its a dumb question, or if it is subsumed by another mod (BG2 Tweaks?).

Archived