Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

I seem to have run into a bug with my mouse pointer. When I use the mouse to scroll across the map I can't move left on on the top half with all the settings map etc. The arrow keys work and I can scroll left with the mouse from the bottom half of the text box. Anyone ever run into this bug? It's not a big deal playing the game. More annoying than anything else.

I had no problems with this until yesterday when I installed the new BG NPC project v15 and made a few different choices with bg Tweaks and SCS tweaks.

Guest Scholar88

Greetings.

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but a search of the topic gave no results, so...

I wish to use the Blackguard kit from LuizMods in my next SOA game and, for continuity's sake, I'd like to use it on Tutu. However, I don't know much about Tutu compatibility for this kit.

Luiz tells me that the kit was designed for a SOA+TOB install, but he is unsure about how it could interact with Tutu. As far as the workings of the mod go, the kit is added by standard kit-addition for BG2 mods and does not have particular scripting or anything unusual so it is possible that the kit should be converted without problems.

I am going to give it a try and I shall report on the results, but I wish to know if someone has already made the attempt.

With my thanks and regards,

Scholar88

Guest Scholar88
I wish to use the Blackguard kit from LuizMods in my next SOA game and, for continuity's sake, I'd like to use it on Tutu. However, I don't know much about Tutu compatibility for this kit.

Ok, I tried today. Basically, I installed the kit on SOA+TOB, then proceeded to the conversion. I used EasyTutu TOB, then installed the Mods specified in the EasyTutu Readme as stable (Degreenefier + NP Kit + Tutu Fix + NPC Project + Spawn Randomizer). No problems during the conversion and the game also seems to work.

Anyway, during character creation, the blackguard kit is nowhere to be found, so my somewhat redundant conclusion is that the kit cannot be imported on Tutu from a TOB install, at least when EasyTutu is used.

Too bad, since the kit was very interesting and kind of different from the old Anti-Paladin kit by Wesley Weimer and the "P&P style" kit from "Sword and Fist".

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Scholar88

Ok, I tried today. Basically, I installed the kit on SOA+TOB, then proceeded to the conversion. I used EasyTutu TOB, then installed the Mods specified in the EasyTutu Readme as stable (Degreenefier + NP Kit + Tutu Fix + NPC Project + Spawn Randomizer). No problems during the conversion and the game also seems to work.

Anyway, during character creation, the blackguard kit is nowhere to be found, so my somewhat redundant conclusion is that the kit cannot be imported on Tutu from a TOB install, at least when EasyTutu is used.

Too bad, since the kit was very interesting and kind of different from the old Anti-Paladin kit by Wesley Weimer and the "P&P style" kit from "Sword and Fist".

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Scholar88

If you are trying to get it to appear in EasyTutu, you should install it in your EasyTutu folder, not your BG2 one. I'd think that the majority of kit mods would work perfectly in Tutu - likely only those that require special scripting to activate their abilities (ie. Geomatic Sorcerer) might have difficulty.

Guest Scholar88
If you are trying to get it to appear in EasyTutu, you should install it in your EasyTutu folder, not your BG2 one. I'd think that the majority of kit mods would work perfectly in Tutu - likely only those that require special scripting to activate their abilities (ie. Geomatic Sorcerer) might have difficulty.

Interesting idea. I kind of remember attempting the install as you suggest, without results. Another attempt is in order, I guess, if not to confirm this hypothesis.

Anyway, Luiz told me he never took in account Tutu when making the kit, so I admit to being kind of skeptical. My most cautious guess is that would be possible developing a compatible version, but it is not probably worth the time and the effort if there isn't a vocal majority of players asking for it. And as far as I know, there is no such majority.

More on the fascinating matter once I have tried your suggestion.

My thanks and regards,

Scholar88

A random thought offered in the hope that it might help with installation under Tutu: Remove the "game must be TOB" check; like this:

Open up the file Setup-LuizMods.tp2 with a text editor (like Notepad or something similar), and scroll down until you find:

// Luiz's Blackguard Kit

BEGIN @11
REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~tob~ @0
COPY ~LuizMods/blackguard/LZ#BGIMM.SPL~ ~override~ // Immunities
 ~LuizMods/blackguard/LZ#BGMRS.SPL~ ~override~ // Resistances
(...etc...)

And delete the "REQUIRE_PREDICATE" line so these lines read:

// Luiz's Blackguard Kit

BEGIN @11
COPY ~LuizMods/blackguard/LZ#BGIMM.SPL~ ~override~ // Immunities
 ~LuizMods/blackguard/LZ#BGMRS.SPL~ ~override~ // Resistances
(...etc...)

Save the file, and then run the Setup-LuizMods.exe.

I really don't have the first clue how Tutu works, so if this suggestion doesn't do the trick I sure hope someone else can help.

I'd happily learn more about Tutu to make a completely Tutu-friendly version of the mod, but the Easter Bunny would have to give me BG1 first. (I don't own it.)

Regards,

Luiz.

Just curious.

BG2tweaks contains an un-nurfed cleric and druid spell progression table. Divine Remix obviously contains different spel progression tables (or so I think). Shouldn't Divine Remix be install after bg2tweaks for those to work?

Just curious.

BG2tweaks contains an un-nurfed cleric and druid spell progression table. Divine Remix obviously contains different spel progression tables (or so I think). Shouldn't Divine Remix be install after bg2tweaks for those to work?

Since that component (and every BG2tweaks component, for that matter) is optional, I don't think it would pose a problem.

I'd happily learn more about Tutu to make a completely Tutu-friendly version of the mod, but the Easter Bunny would have to give me BG1 first. (I don't own it.)
Tutu uses the BG2 engine, so pretty much all BG2 kits will work with it. The only thing you'd want to look at from a "compatibility" perspective is if your kit is top-heavy in terms of ability levels. In other words, if your kit gains most abilities at higher levels, and none at lower levels, it might be kind of pointless in BG1, so you might want to balance things out a bit.

Also, a note for players who are planning on continuing a game from Tutu to BG2. If you're using a custom kit, you want to make sure it's installed in pretty much the same order in both games, otherwise your PC's kit assignment might get hosed.

A small update regarding Rogue Rebalancing compatibility: as of v3.9 RR uses Detectable Spells (the same version as in SCSII) so it would be best to put it very late in the install order, ideally, just before BG2 Tweaks and SCS. Also, here's the updated list of Tutu compatible components:

Rogue Rebalancing components which are fully compatible with (Easy)Tutu:

• Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards
  • Thief kit revisions
  • Bard kit revisions
  • Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards
  • Revised Thievery

Rogue Rebalancing components which are not suitable for (Easy)Tutu and will be automatically skipped during the installation process:

• Bard High Level Ability revisions
  • Proper spell progression for Bards
  • Chosen of Cyric encounter
  • Shadow Thief improvements

Also, a minor note about Ashes of Ambers: I think its "Sensible Weapon Restrictions for MODS" component should be installed after any mods which introduce new items (i.e. Rogue Rebalancing) so that it can affect them properly. You'd best check with the AoE authors on that one though.

Also, a minor note about Ashes of Ambers: I think its "Sensible Weapon Restrictions for MODS" component should be installed after any mods which introduce new items (i.e. Rogue Rebalancing) so that it can affect them properly.
That is true, unless the mod which introduces new items checks for AoE (as I believe, Song and Silence and some other mods do). I thought we already noted this, but it's been a while since I actually checked.
You'd best check with the AoE authors on that one though.
Heh. Ain't seen him around in forever...

NOW I read the forums... *sigh*. OK, I need to do a full uninstall/reinstall - again :(

the AoE thing explains why I have some oddities in my game with usage. So AoE needs to go farther down, and so does RR.

So, to confirm,

5.0 Ashes of Embers [PPG] (removes class weapon restrictions, adds kits/armor)

(Note: maximum 9 kits per class; thus, some may overwrite or conflict with others - please be selective and keep track of what you install. Other mods down the list add kits too...)

moves to 11.9 as a Kit/Spell mod,

and to be safest, RR needs to move to 12.9, so that we have a new order:

12.8 Spell System Adjustment Mod

12.9 Rogue Rebalancing

12.10 Level 1 NPCs

12.11 BG2 Tweak Pack

12.12 Sword Coast Strategems v8

12.13 EasyTutu Spawn Randomizer

And we need to recheck on the SCS vs BG2 Tweak Pack, but it seems to be working fine on my installs.

This still leaves RR out of the AoE system - will putting AoE after RR work, reclassifying it?

12.9 Rogue Rebalancing

12.10 AoE

12.11 Level 1 NPCs

12.12 BG2 Tweak Pack

12.13 Sword Coast Strategems v8

12.14 EasyTutu Spawn Randomizer

:)?

This still leaves RR out of the AoE system - will putting AoE after RR work, reclassifying it?

Installing AoE after RR shouldn't cause any problems. I haven't thoroughly tested this though, but I've seen plenty of people who are using such a setup according to their WeiDU.logs.

I'm not sure how that mod works i.e. whether it merely affects the protagonist and the partymembers or whether it tampers with the enemies' spell memorization rules as well. If it's the latter then Spell System Adjustment Mod may cause some compatibility issues with the tactical components of RR and probably with SCS I&II (better check with DavidW on this one).

Archived