Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

Got it - misedit, I guess, on the order. Fixing.

I confirmed the Harden Coonor's mod materials before checking this thread, which would have saved me time as you guys ddid all the work for me (which will teach me that I should read before researching :band: )

devSin and Ascension64 (older threads, too, indicate that Mr. Coonor not only gave blessing, but directly offered all of his mod to the effort, just in case someone wants an example of ciommunity spirit that has made a long term difference to players).

The useful components of the mod are now covered for all platforms by Unfinished Business for Tutu/BGT or the BG version. Music is covered in several mods (but EasyTutu doesn't need it as it already does) and the Worldmap is covered under several mods as well (again, EasyTutu already has the updates).

Updating link for mac mod indicated.

EDIT: I'm sorry, i just went to NPC Project forum, and the error has a patch, disregard my endless rambling here. Thanks for the help with the install Cmorgan, you've got a great guide here :band:

Hi, i'm following cmorgan's tutu installation guide. I ran across a problem installing BG1 NPC Project. I think it may have to do with me installing the 'Corrected Minor Dialogues/Minor Dialogue Restorations (version dependent title)' component of UBv6. The error is as follows....

Parse error (state 650) at END

[bG1NPC\LIB\tutu_area_script_assign.tph] PARSE ERROR at line 442 column 1-3

Near Text: END

GLR parse error

[bG1NPC\LIB\tutu_area_script_assign.tph] ERROR at line 442 column 1-3

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [bG1NPC\LIB\tutu_area_script_assign.tph]: Parsing.Parse_error

Stopping installation because of error.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for Version 14, Se

ptember 18, 2007], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 99 files for [bG1NPC.TP2] component 0.

In state 650, I expected one of these tokens:

[0] EOF

Parse error (state 650) at END

[bG1NPC\LIB\tutu_area_script_assign.tph] PARSE ERROR at line 442 column 1-3

GLR parse error

[bG1NPC\LIB\tutu_area_script_assign.tph] ERROR at line 442 column 1-3

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [bG1NPC\LIB\tutu_area_script_assign.tph]: Parsing.Parse_error

Uninstalled 99 files for [bG1NPC.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG to The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gib

berlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45

Using Language [English]

Should I just uninstall the minor dialog correction component of UB and try again or is this something else? Thank you.

Well, I can put it as compatible - I can't put "recommended" even though if Sim wrote it and Macready plays using it, the only thing that would make it "more recommended" in my book is if CamDawg and Icelus simultaneoulsy said "use this or your experience will be tremendously damaged" :band:

Can someone please get me a good (tested) install order recommendation from an existing successful game?

Perhaps you could add this component to the list, and maybe even put (Recommended) next to it.

I think weights, ratings, or "recommended" tags devalue the meaning of comprehensive lists. I mean, imagine we create "recommended" sublists of the modlist? Or start arranging mods the way Kulyok likes them? :band:

Agreed - This list is definitely just an "installs on Tutu with a minimum of fuss and works without crashing your game and is best installed at position X" one.

Bursk, there actually is a reasonable and innoffensive method of determining what people (and modders) play, which amounts to the same kind of thing; the PPG thread of "Post Your WeiDU.LOG" can be used that way. It was intended more as an open forum to see what perople are installing and in what order, if I recall correctly, but if you look through the lists and see the same mod showing up in multiple installs, then you have a good read on what people see as "highly recommended".

Regarding SCS being installed after BG2 Tweaks, I found a thread that suggested this should be the other way around:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...amp;#entry98745

But then, earlier in that same thread, there is contradictory information:
I assume that this will only cause problems if SCS is installed before BG2 Tweaks, but then that's fairly likely, I guess. (I tend to do it the other way around, but then I'm normally modifying SCS more often than I'm adjusting the Tweakpack options).
I think maybe SCS and BG2 Tweaks need to do some cross-mod optimisation. As for now, the best solution (as boneheaded as it seems to be) is to install the SCS weapon components, then BG2 Tweaks, then the remainder of SCS (including the NPC changes, which I think was the original issue).

Archived