Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

According to the RogueRebalancing Install Guide ( http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=27171 ), iiItem should be installed before RR.

Currently in the G3 Install Guide, it's two options after RR (probably for good reason).

Can anyone confirm which is the best option, and/or update the guide?

I think I'll be testing now with iiItem before RR.

I think it shouldn't really matter for Tutu games.

FYI, a while ago I've received some reports that, due to its dynamic assignment of items to all creature on the game (whether modded or not), iiItem can cause issues with the "Chosen of Cyric encounter" and the "Shadow Thief Improvements" components of RR and that's why I made that recommendation. However, those two components are auto-skipped for Tutu games (since they rely on BG2 specific areas and characters) so, theoretically, there should be no problems there.

I think it shouldn't really matter for Tutu games.

FYI, a while ago I've received some reports that, due to its dynamic assignment of items to all creature on the game (whether modded or not), iiItem can cause issues with the "Chosen of Cyric encounter" and the "Shadow Thief Improvements" components of RR and that's why I made that recommendation. However, those two components are auto-skipped for Tutu games (since they rely on BG2 specific areas and characters) so, theoretically, there should be no problems there.

Well, I haven't encountered any problems between the two mods so far, as far as I can see in casual play.

Raoul from S&S isn't showing up in the Carnical, but that's probably some other issue. I remember reading about that somewhere else.

Thanks for all the invaluable information with the install guide. I thought I'd mention that I followed this guide nearly to the letter and added the Drizzt Saga. As long as you install the quest after you install BG1 NPC project it should work. I ended up making a straight beline for Drizzt to make sure the quest worked. I was able to start the quest and enter the first map. Due to the challenge my level 1 fighter didn't last long, so I can't say for sure the full quest has no conflicts. I'll let people know how the NPC Dyaneir quest is affected once I rescue her.

I should also note that this test was with NPC project v.14 and not v.15 relesed today. I'll report more once I install V.15 and play the full quest.

General Question - Would iiItem be better installed after SCS or is this a bad idea??
Probably doesn't matter too much, but should probably go before if you use any of the SCS item-changing components (Fine Weapons, etc.).
Guest Guest
Tutufix has a degreenifier for Tutu v4. If you've any problems with it, please, feel free to ask at the forum.

Thanks for the fast answer.

Problem is : the degreenifier was removed from the latest Tutufix releases (since v13 IIRC) ... since someone on this thread said the Easytutu version might be tweakable I thought I'd try here first.

:thumbsup:

Guest Guest
I see. Did you try playing Tutu without the degreenifier? Because I recall playing v4 without any troubles in this department.
I must admit I don't have major issues if I disable the hardware acceleration.

Only the hand-cursor (during dialogs) tends to "blink" somehow.

Mostly I just wanted to see if Hardware could improve visual effects and such.

Could do without indeed.

It is worth a try running Macready's Easytutu Degreenifier directly on a Tutu v4 install. I thought several of us tested it out when it came out, since I remember having troubles with Win98; I just don't have a record of that set of tests left on my harddrive. If id does work, please report back here, too, so we can re-confirm it :thumbsup:

Guest Darkmore
It is worth a try running Macready's Easytutu Degreenifier directly on a Tutu v4 install.
That's what I did but wherever I unpack the files it keeps telling me I'm in the wrong folder (litteraly: "Wrong folder! Please install and run this utility from your EasyTutu folder").

I tried to dig in the setup.bat file but it's more than I can handle I guess.

Stilll I tried to change path names and even deleted the whole filecheck part but it ain't worth nothing.

;)

Saddly I know realise how better looking the game is with acceleration enabled (specially the smoother fog-o-war thingy !)

:thumbsup:

Guest Guest

So ... I'm awfully sorry for the trouble/useless messages.

I managed to find an older version of tutufix by randomly typing stuff in my url bar (here http://mods.pocketplane.net/bg1tutu/tutufix_v13.exe).

I've uninstalled tutufixv18 and installed v13 INCLUDING the degreenifier and it works just fine !

Still I'm definitely scared I might pay all those file changes one day (can't help but thinking about starting from the very begining to have a clean game).

Again thanx to all of you.

Archived