Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

I have an problem installing Component 11.5 Oversight which I got here.

Hmm, my problem may be more systematic than this. Sword and Fist

and Devine Remix fall over with the same error as well.

But SimDing0's D0Tweaks installs happily, so things aren't completely

broken here. I don't know how to capture more information to find

out why these scripts are failing.

Is 12.9 Rogue Rebalancing really in its best place?

According to This Comprehensive link about where to install Rogue Rebalancing Sword Coast Strategems is on the list of things that should be installed before Rogue Rebalancing, and the order is significant (There is a separate list for mods that can be installed before or after RR, and SCS is not on that list).

I am not going to install SCS right now, but I wanted to report this before I forget.

The standard stuff for RR and SCS is slightly different for BG2 and EasyTutu, I think - several components and some materials in RR don't install on Tutu, because they are not needed. I'll recheck with DavidW and aAVENGER though - I have played through with that install order and not detected any problems.

For the "failing on install", could you check to make sure that they are extracted first, then move them manually onto your USB disk-on-key, then apply them, and report? It could be several things stopping install, and it would be on your end (the mods have a solid record of correct installation, so we are in troubleshooting mode for you here. And you are doing some cool but crazy things because of your space issues :laugh: )

Anybody know where to find the original BG1 GUI enhancement from PPG?

The link in the State of the Union appears to be stale. It points here. I went to the Pocket Plane Group's BG1 Tutu Enhancements Pagelooking for it, and it is first in the main text but not in the mod list to the right, so i am not sure where to locate it.

Edited -- it's there now, first thing, assuming that

LadeJarl's Tutu Gui is the same thing so the PPG TuTu Enhancement Page is now the place to look for it. Either I missed this before, or I caught them in the middle of a reorganisation. But the link in the doc

still points to the wrong place.

Section 11.2 Warrior Kitpack appears to be no more. The link gives

you a 404 and the supposedly complete list of BWL mods does not

list it.

Two things:

1) Thanks for the info on Nashkel. I'm good to go now.

2) On Warrior kitpacks: this just happened, as I installed from BWL a few weeks ago and then when my hard drive died, had to start over and it was gone.

I emailed them and they said the author is no longer available to debug, and there are still issues. However, he still sent it to me.

If it is good with Tutu, I'd be willing to share. Or if someone wants to preserve it.

Peace.

Is 12.9 Rogue Rebalancing really in its best place?

According to This Comprehensive link about where to install Rogue Rebalancing Sword Coast Strategems is on the list of things that should be installed before Rogue Rebalancing, and the order is significant (There is a separate list for mods that can be installed before or after RR, and SCS is not on that list).

Here's the reasoning for that particular requirement.

In short, once SCS gets updated with the latest version of Detectable Spells (which will happen very soon) the issue will become non-existent.

For the "failing on install", could you check to make sure that they are extracted first, then move them manually onto your USB disk-on-key, then apply them, and report? It could be several things stopping install, and it would be on your end (the mods have a solid record of correct installation, so we are in troubleshooting mode for you here. And you are doing some cool but crazy things because of your space issues :) )

Things are working fine now. What happened was that I had the infinite loop problem in a

mod I installed before Oversight, Devine Remix etc. But for some reason I did not notice

this. So I had put my install into some sort of weird state where all subsequent mods that

ought to have had the looping problem instead just fell over silently. Installing them all

again, and noticing that I was looping, and fixing that made things install properly.

In the Tutu State of the Modding Union doc, under 12.2 SimDings D0Tweaks, there is no mention that Bigg's Improved Backstabbing or Ghreyfain's BG1 Style Summoning on the list of 'only install these'. But the readme claims that both mods are Tutu compatible. I'm trying them now and will report any errors. (Edited, well, that was quick, it is only

Bigg's Improved Backstabbing that was installed. Greyfain's is not

in the archive.)

Thank you aVENGER, I think I understand now. Mind another one? The readme for Song+Silence says that it wants to be installed after Ashes of Embers, but the State of the Union doc wants to install it earlier, with the other stores. Right now I am only installing the store part, and the bard kits, since I do not want these thief kits at this time. But, in the future, should I install these components later, such as when the other kits go in,

ov even later, say after Ashes of Embers?

Can you please put a warning beside 11.1 (Wild Mage). In addition to being a

Kit mod, it installs a nasty enemy, Rhialto the Marvellous. Apparantly based on a random roll after you sleep, you will meet him coming after your party wanting CHARNAME's liver.

He's way too overpowered for my poor level 1 chars. So I decide to

uninstall the mod. Except it's too old. It doesn't know how to uninstall mods.

It complains that the tp2 file is not found, so I found it, and placed it at the

same level as setup-wildmage.exe in my Tutu directory, but it still failed on

being too old.

Now I think that my only recourse is to reinstall from scratch, alas, leaving this component out. I think a warning about the age of this mod would be nice.

Hoping you don't see this just as complaining, especially given that nobody here made this mod ...

Laura

I may have spoken too soon, sorry about that. It is now looking like though the errors being reported are being reported about the file that cannot be uninstalled, the problem is with the trivial-mod I made yesterday, with all of your help. :-( Seems everybody wants to uninstall it first, and it doesn't know how to uninstall itself.

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I'm having a problem with some of the mods listed. It was all the same error, and I ignored most since the missed mods were not important, until the tweak pack didn't work, which I assume is fairly important.

Essentially when entering the prompt window, the program starts an unending loop and does not complete the installation. Any way of preventing this? Is there a way to uninstall all the mods and start from the fresh tutu files? Also, would proceeding without the tweak pack be prudent?

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm, I'm not sure exactly what the problem would be (you'll have to describe it better if what I suggest doesn't work) but I think it could be that version of WeiDu that had problems with the auto-update feature. What think you have to do is to download the latest WeiDU and rename it to be the same as the setup executable for the mod you're installing at the time, eg "Setup-Tweak", or whatever it is.

Archived