Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

I have a question: can I install Tutu from a a BG II install that has already been Fixed and Tweaked? Or does it take a clean install?
You can install EasyTutu with BG2 already modded, but for regular Tutu you are better off using a clean install.

Unique Containers installs on Tutu, as does Thrown Hammers, P5 Tweaks and well, just about anything else I've touched (or butchered).

Two components of DSotSC for BGT install on Tutu - namely the extended NPC soundsets and interparty banter (as discussed here). These will be autoskipped by the same components in the full Tutu version of the mod when it is ready.

Add Yovaneth's replacement lightmaps too. There's probably more floating around, I haven't really paid attention to recent releases.

Also add a link to this topic to the beginning and/or end of the main list. And is it just me or is that thread getting a bit tough to read? Maybe archive older versions of the list somewhere if there are multiple copies. I thought the point was to have a single post for the list, eh?

God copy-paste... hopefully you didn't need to write the whole think in one sitting.

Note 1:

At the current time, TeamBG.eu as been down for several months. We do not know of any authorized mirrors for igi's work, but will update as soon as igi is back in business, wherever he is. ...

12.8 Spell System Adjustment Mod [TBG]

Hmm, I could provide an updated version of this mod, that I was previously involved with... if there's any takers, I'll probably upload it to the SHS though someday.

Note 2:

It is not suggested that players use this guide to install every single possible mod on EasyTutu, as is done for BG2 in The Big World Project. While it is possible to install almost all of the listed mods, it is important (especially for the tweaks and portraits) to read the documentation and only place what you specifically want in terms of rules adjustments on your install.

Well, that's not really the whole truth, as the BWP also suggest that one only installs the mods he likes, and that's why the BWS has the "Further customization of your mod settings".

If you install the TutuGUI and Widescreen on the same install, there will be some graphical issues. Please see the Widescreen forums for more information.
That should be false too, as you just need to install the TutuGUI first before the Widescreen mod, or one will have this problem... as you suggest it to be done, so it's fine in this order.

@ Jastey - on it... but if you install BG1NPC, desn't it already include this cantent? What happens if you put boh on the same install?

@ Jarno - Note 2: how would you suggest I reword it? I don't mean to imply the Big World suggests doing it - just that players do :blush: I'll take suggestions as how to word it.

@ Jarno - TutuGUI got it - lock he two in install order, and let folks know not to mess with that ordering.

also, http://www.tolkienacrossthewater.com/b!tweaks.html btweaks

and Miloch's list:

Unique Containers

Thrown Hammers

P5 Tweaks

DSotSC for BGT Two components of this mod install on Tutu

- the extended NPC soundsets and interparty banter (as discussed here). These will be autoskipped by the same components in the full Tutu version of the mod when it is ready.

Yovaneth's replacement Yovaneth's replacement lightmaps

@ Jarno - Note 2: how would you suggest I reword it? I don't mean to imply the Big World suggests doing it - just that players do :laugh: I'll take suggestions as how to word it.
Well, this'll be fun:
...le mod on EasyTutu, as is done for BG2 in the Big World Project by default in the 4 formats, although the maintainers suggest that one only install the mods one wishes and uses the auto-setup tools "Further customization of your mod settings" option to do so, similarly we suggest that while it is possible to install almost all of the listed mods, it is important (especially for the tweaks and portraits) to read the documentation and only place what you specifically want in terms of rules adjustments on your install.
:p:blush:

I told you. :laugh:

@ Jastey - on it... but if you install BG1NPC, desn't it already include this cantent? What happens if you put boh on the same install?
For Tutu/BGT, the Ajantis BG1 Expansion Pack adds new content: A Friendship path and some scenery dialogues not included in BG1NPC Project.

Contentwise, it is meant as an addition /add-on to BG1NPC Project, but it doesn't require BG1NPC compatibility wise.

The romance is only included in the vanilla BG1-install.

Aurora's Shoes should probably go after Tweaks/SCS or other mods that add creatures. I don't see Ding0's XP Fixer (DEF JAM) on there. Pretty sure it's Tutu-compatible? Anyway, it should go after all those mods.

Haiass is Tutu-compatible - should go after any mods that add areas or overwrite area scripts. PnP Free Action somewhere in the spell section. I thought Spell Revisions was Tutu-compatible? Not with ADpack, which mentions it but there's no listing. I don't think Item Revisions is unless someone specifically enabled it for Tutu item references.

You can probably just use the BWP list for any order questions - those guys have ironed most of the conflicts and dependencies pretty well.

@ Jarno - TutuGUI got it - lock he two in install order, and let folks know not to mess with that ordering.
Good, good, and you could also suggest the Kwiat_W's W_GUI as optional replacer to the TutuGUI's two other options(normal and plain), and while you are at it, say what the cheese is the difference, even I don't know. It's also important to note that the GUI mods might only support the ToB Tutu's, as the SoA based Tutu might not be.

You can probably just use the BWP list for any order questions - those guys have ironed most of the conflicts and dependencies pretty well.
That's somewhat true, if you can also re-engineer the 'fixes' ... of course most of them do not apply to the Tutu games, but they might need to be re-tested, like most of my suggestions... unless I know that's true, like with the GUI and the Widescreen mod, and I'll give a link.
I thought Spell Revisions was Tutu-compatible? Not with ADpack, which mentions it but there's no listing. I don't think Item Revisions is unless someone specifically enabled it for Tutu item references.

IR and SR can both be used with Tutu. SR should be completely compatible with Tutu, while IR v2 is partially compatible - the main component will be skipped, but the global components can still be installed. When IR v3 comes out, the entire mod should be Tutu-compatible.

12.10 Aurora's Shoes and Boots [sHS] (is this the best place in the order, miloch?)
No, because:
Aurora's Shoes should probably go after Tweaks/SCS or other mods that add creatures.
Same goes for Infinity Animations, so they should both go near the end, though before GUI mods, XP Fixer, Level 1 NPCs, etc.

Please tell me this installation guide is saved somewhere. I have been following it for 2 days before it disappeared. This is the only pinned guide here. Every phrase that I remember from the guide brings up this link in google. A link to this page (http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=8122) is in my browser history. I am pretty certain that I am at the correct link and there is no guide. Have I finally lost my mind?

Archived