Cam's in-depth review of HP5: Order of the Phoenix

CamDawg

I saw it this past weekend, and yes, it was VERY fast. They pretty much did the first 3 chapters and the last 3 chapters hehehe.

It wasn't terrible, but movie 2 remains my favorite. As does book 2.

The books are enjoyable, but honestly, nothing to get obsessed over imo.

Also, Emma whatsherface (Hermione) needs to do something about those eyebrows; they're scary.

Rawr rawr Emma looks good rawrar.

I just came from the theatre, and while the movie wasn't uber amazing, it was about what I expected - an enjoyable journey through half of book five's plots. If you enjoyed the other movies, you'll like this one. If you are a fan of the books that can accept that the film will take some liberties and shortcuts, you should have a good time, too.

I've just come from the cinema(today is 19th, finally, and I've seen it on the big screen at last), and I think I am satisfied - it looked good on big screen with more or less decent voicing.

Strangely enough, my today's OoTP review won me a pair of free cinema tickets at kino.ru site. Anyone coming with me? :)

I loved Snape material. All of it. I think it's like with the third movie - it has said more than Rowling said in the book, as Rowling said herself(about the third movie, she did; I'm not sure about this one).

I loved Snape material. All of it. I think it's like with the third movie - it has said more than Rowling said in the book, as Rowling said herself(about the third movie, she did; I'm not sure about this one).

Yes, absolutely! Even though he's quite a bit older, Rickman is Snape incarnate. :)

I love the scene where the kids have been caught by Umbridge and Snape is in her office with them. My favourite part of the entire film is this one Occlumency scene - "I may vomit". I don't know why, but that made me laugh for several minutes (or rather hide my face in my boyfriend's shoulder). :)

Gods, I love me some Snape. I think Alan Rickman has done just a fantastic job with him, but it's possible that I'm a little biased since I think Alan Rickman does a fantastic job with everything. Oh well.

I quite liked the movie, but I've always viewed the movies and the books as two seperate entities that happen to tell the same story. Like... a retold fairy tale, maybe? Regardless, I'll easily forgive missing plot chunks as long as the thrust of the story is told and told well, which is something I believe this movie did. I know they cut out a lot, but I have to admit that I really felt like it was far less busy than some of the other films, and didn't try to jam too much in that couldn't be adequately explained. Well, that and it made me come home and reread TOoTP and remember what a fantastic book it is. *Sigh* Is it sad that I love a children's series so much that I weep over it?

Gods, I love me some Snape. I think Alan Rickman has done just a fantastic job with him, but it's possible that I'm a little biased since I think Alan Rickman does a fantastic job with everything.

perhaps it's because he is fantastic... :cry:

Snape/Rickman rocks. :cry: If only the guy was at least thirty twenty years younger...

By the way, I'm thinking of actors and their deaths, and it's chilling how Matrix' Oracle and Potter's Dumbledore resemble each other - or, at least, the fates of the actors and the roles of their characters do. Both actors died mid-series, and both characters are there to know everything and to give us answers.

OMG YOU DELETED POSTS PSYCHOLOGICAL ATTACK !11!!!

I'll send you an official warning. No, make it two official warnings. And a cookie.

(Okay, thanks, well done, my name is cleared, and so on. :cry: )

There is one thing to thank Harry Potter for, well Joanne Rowling actually: People are reading books.

Huh? I suppose there are some kids who started reading with this pottermania thing. As long as they move onto other books and not stick with rereading those seven over and over, it's good. But if they decide that the whole literature *is* Harry Potter, and refuse to read anything but... That's I guess *THE* thing that annoys me about hype that some books create. It's that far, far, far better books do not. When I was watching those reports on people buying a Potter book every three seconds, or sitting in line till midnight... I dunno, I feel it's unfair somehow. :cry:

I don't know about better/worse/quality(The Forsyte Saga got a Nobel, Potter books probably won't, but apart from that), but I've yet to see a book so readable and tasty. It's hard to break away from them. In 'edibility' I can only compare it to Frei("Echo/Max" series only) and early Lukyanenko("Labyrinth of Reflections", "Dreamline").

Movies, though... I don't know whether I'd go and see them if I never read the books.

I think it's great that the books are getting adults back into reading and for some it is introducing them to the fantasy genre.

I know of at least one friend who got into the Harry Potter books and then went onto many other fantasy books.

Lol, it's always tough to judge what people see in a thing when you are not infected. I dunno, the more hyped it is, the less I want to read it. But I can say that movies are definetly not the best recommendation for the books, that's for sure. I thought they were quite mediocre (of course have NOT seen the last one, lol, will get a DVD from the library a year or so down the road). :cry:

Archived