Minsc, Valygar, or Korgan?

dizzyorange

Who would you take along on your first run-through of ToB?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Too true.

I dunno. Korgan says all that nasty stuff but he doesn't really follow through with it. There's moments where's not evil at all, i.e. his reaction to the slavers, or his banter with Mazzy. Also, he doesn't leave the party like a coward (like Edwin does when you face a certain creature).

Valygar. He's hot.

Hells, yeah. But Minsc is lovable in his own way.

Somehow, I never really liked Minsc. I don't find him funny, I don't like Boo and I don't like the way he talks. I always have to get rid of him as soon as possible. Maybe it's because I played BG2 before BG1 and didn't know that Minsc is a classic, I just was "angry" that I was "forced" to take him along in the beginning. I immediately fell in love with Jaheira, though.

Off-topic: Yes please to more shorties! Having recently started a run with Domi's IWD2NPC mod, it occurred to me that aside from Nikosh and Peony, there really aren't any shorty mod-NPCs out there. I'd love to see more. :)

On-topic: I like both Minsc and Valygar, actually. Minsc feels like a combination of side-kick/goofy big brother to me, which I find very endearing (and hilarious). I have a harder time of explaining why I like Valygar; he's just one of those NPCs that I took an instant liking to and falls into my groups like he's always belonged there. Honestly can't really give a valid opinion about Korgan since the longest I've ever had him along was to play through his quest - I have a nasty habit of not giving evil NPCs a go. :thumbsup:

Minsc. The poor guy's been with you through thick and thin since Baldur's Gate. How can you not let him see the end? For a first run-through, I think he's got to come along. He's handy in a fight, affectionate in that big childlike way, and he's funny.

Take Valygar next time. He is very cool and I like him too, but I think Minsc deserves it more.

(I'll admit I get a bit hung up on characters....I feel guilty kicking them out of my party and so forth.)

sp

Archived