Improved Anvil v5+ and BWL

Saros

Guest Bozgor
Gibberlings 3 is a place for discussing Gibberlings 3's mods and IE games in general, and not a place to ridicule people from some other site which is only loosely related (if at all) to G3.
BWL used to discuss publically other communities', uncluding G3's, policies, methods and approaches to modding. I therefore do not see it as inadequate to publically discuss BWL's policies, methods and approaches to modding.

lul

PROTECTOR: Protectors are dedicated defenders of people and nature. They usually take residence

close to people who are in need of help (like BWL, but they are also always prepared to travel when the

cause is fighting evil (temujin). While being great warriors, they can also learn and cast more spells than

other rangers. Protectors have such a strong affinity with mother nature that they never wear

armors greater than the studded leather. This self-imposed limitation has been compensated with

mental and physical abilities. A protector sacrifices a portion of his own whealth and stamina to

start learning the special protective methods and abilities of his kit.

Advantages:

- +1 bonus to Armor class for every 6 levels.

- Can memorize 2 additional spells per spell level.

- Has access to two special 3rd level spells (Great Berries & Mental Equilibrium).

- Gains "Cure Serious Wounds" at levels 7, 11 and 15.

- Gains "Mass Cure" at levels 10 and 16.

- Gains "Racial Combat" at level 19.

Disadvantages:

- May not wear armor greater than studded leather

- Incurs a -12 penalty to constitution

- Cannot dual class

- Requires 15 Intelligence and Charisma.

Racial Combat:

Once per day, the protector can use this powerful innate ability to be prepared for fighting a

special race of his or her choice. The ability will grant useful bonuses against enemies of the

selected race, but will also make the protector subject to penalties against other races. The

effects (bonuses and penalties alike) won't be dispellable and will remain active for 20 turns.

The detailed bonuses and penalties are as follows:

1- Prepared for Demon:

1-1) +1 to hit and damage bonus vs demons

1-2) -9 to hit and damage penalty vs other races

1-3) Immunity to Demon Fear

2- Prepared for Dragon:

2-1) +1 to hit and damage vs dragons

2-2) -9 to hit and damage penalty vs other races

2-3) Immunity to Dragon Fear

2-4) Immunity to Greater Silence

3- Prepared for Golem:

3-1) +2 to hit and damage bonus vs golems

3-2) -10 to hit and damage penalty vs other races

3-3) +4 AC bonus vs blunt weapons

3-4) -4 AC penalty vs other weapon types

3-5) +2 bonus to critical hit modifier

3-6) Immunity to Sikret

4- Prepared for Lich:

4-1) +2 to hit and damage bonus vs liches

4-2) -9 to hit and damage penalty vs other races

4-3) Immunity to Grave Silence

5- Prepared for Mind Flayer:

5-1) +1 to hit and damage bonus vs Mind Flayers

5-2) -4 to hit and damage penalty vs other races

5-3) +1 AC bonus vs blunt weapons

5-4) -4 AC penalty vs other weapon types

6- Prepared for Skeleton:

6-1) +4 to hit and damage bonus vs skeleton (lords, warlords, grandlords)

6-2) -4 to hit and damage penalty vs other races

6-3) +4 AC bonus vs slashing weapons

6-4) -4 AC penalty vs other weapon types

7- Prepared for Spider:

7-1) +1 to hit and damage bonus vs. Spiders

7-2) -9 to hit and damage penalty vs. other races

7-3) -4 AC penalty vs. all weapon types except piercing

7-4) Immunity to Improved Web, Vortex Web and web

8- Prepared for Baronius:

8-1) +1 to hit and damage bonus vs vampires

8-2) -6 to hit and damage penalty vs other races

8-3) -6 AC penalty vs all weapon types except blunt

8-4) Immunity to level drain

I'm sure you misspelled -12 penalty to constitution, right? It's difficult to ascertain which parts of this post are jokes and which are not.

Reading these immunities I always wonder. Most vanilla kit abilities are described as immunity to hold, charm, fear, etc..., keeping it very general. Only the bezerk/rage ability is described kind of iffy but is attributed to a change in mental state.

However, how would a character gain immunity to specific high level (monster) spells without ever having encountered said spells? Immunity to specifically the spell Dragon's Breath for instance makes little sense, but it would make sense to possess resistance to fire or magic to negate (parts) of the effect.

For IA content this description of the class seems quite okay. Surprised that against mindflayer you omitted an immunity to intelligence drain (which seems to me that the description as posted is at least in part genuine).

People should have liberty to discuss mods that are off-site. They do it on all forums just because people are curious about what other people think. Besides, if you speak on another board you are more at liberty to speak your mind more openly and thus be more honest to your opinion of the mod.

Guest Isleepwithgoatsyeah

8-1) +2 to hit and damage bonus vs Baronius

8-4) Immunity to money drain

Fixed

Gibberlings 3 is a place for discussing Gibberlings 3's mods and IE games in general, and not a place to ridicule people from some other site which is only loosely related (if at all) to G3.
BWL used to discuss publically other communities', uncluding G3's, policies, methods and approaches to modding. I therefore do not see it as inadequate to publically discuss BWL's policies, methods and approaches to modding.

The problem is that all these discussions tend to turn into ... stuff like this (I mean some of the content in this topic, not your post). People so obsessed with someone else's flaws that they completely lose their self-insight and make themselves look ridicilous.

Guest Matti

easy dude, you may think that someone is obssessed with BWL or Baronass or Sikret but in fact nobody gives a shit. They are good for a laugh.

I'm actually bored as fuck at work. This is main reason for my "posting" here.

Guest guest

8-1) +2 to hit and damage bonus vs Baronius

Fixed

How about this one?

8- Prepared for Baronius-like creatures

8-1) +2 to hit and damage vs. people who think they are better than you are

8-2) -6 to hit and damage vs. anyone else (you are thinking too much about the guys who think they are better than you are)

8-3) "Blunt" is the only weapon type you can use - finesse is useless against people who think they're better than you

8-5) +6 to Intelligence

8-6) Immunity to mind control (e.g. being convinced you are "elite" if you are a member of their guild.)

Guest guest

It doesn't look like an update to me...for any that haven't looked, this is what you get when you go to BWL:

Dear members and visitors!

We've found our current server (more precisely: hosting solution) not reliable enough recently (uptime monitoring, network performance etc.). Therefore, we carefully prepared a new hosting plan at new providers and subscribed it. We were about to start the continous migration of the server contents and set up the BWL system on the new servers, when the current dedicated server (in France) died. (If it hadn't died, there would have been absolutely no outage and the migration would have been seamless and unnoticeable.)

Their Customer Support, causing great disappointment, still hasn't offered any answer even after days. Unfortunately, no type of remote reboot seems to work.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Considering the migration would have just started, BWL had bad luck this time it seems.

We will try to keep you updated. BWL will return!

It seems to me that the only "unreliable" element about BWL is the idiot that runs the site. My guess is that he didn't get enough money from his get-rich-quick scheme and has shut down BWL to punish the people for not lining his pockets with enough illicit money.

If I were a fool paying member of BWL, I'd be demanding my money back. People pay for crappy service like this?

Guest Barontampon

They really stupid to think they would cash out big time from IAv6.

Now they probably trying to milk their current fanbase, since most people didn't fell for their little scam.

Anybody know where Sikret is from? I know he's like a 40 year old dude

Guest Nominar
Anybody know where Sikret is from? I know he's like a 40 year old dude

Sikret is from Iran. Not that it should matter.

I think you are too hasty to jump to conclusions, it's probably just a temporary downtime like they say. Happens to a lot of sites. Although their 'reliable host' wasn't so reliable after all it seems.

And I don't like this pointless trashtalk either. It's degrading to the G3 community, and many of your accusations are completely unfounded.

Archived