Kit Revisions Beta 20

Re-uploaded the beta.

- hopefully fixed Offensive Stance & Defensive Stance overlapping issues

- Monk's Empty Body fixed to require no casting time, added a portrait icon

- minor description changes

Cool!

Can I make a request? In the next build, could you include the revised Thac0, save tables, and experience tables (say, as optional components)? This should help give a better feel, not just for the classes revised so far, but for how all of them play.

Other Pallys coming out tonight? Np if not. Always wanted to try out a 4 member Paladin group.....
Between forums and fixes I ended up not having enough time sorry. I'll try to finish them tomorrow, maybe with a bunch of surprises.

Edit: will reply to Monk's feedback tomorrow morning. Thanks for it. ;)

I'm sorry for not posting it sooner, simply forgot about monks (been playing around with a Barbarian). Np for paladins, I can wait. Fighters alone still keep me going. Otoh, it seems to me that the hardest part (at least for warrior classes) is almost done. I.e. Paladins will get no potential game-breaking or "difficult" skills (think Frenzy or Called Shot), Rangers as well (BM seems to be the one issue, and Trueclass Ranger the second), plus they all seem to look fine on paper. Sure, testing will need to be done (for Inquisitor in particular I think) but the direction seems to be clearly set.

Can I make a request? In the next build, could you include the revised Thac0, save tables, and experience tables (say, as optional components)? This should help give a better feel, not just for the classes revised so far, but for how all of them play.
That's exactly the surprise I was talking about, though I had in mind just thac0 and saves because xp tables are not ready. Well, as long as they are optional I guess xp tables too won't harm anyone, and at least we can see what they mess around in terms of joinable NPCs and their level.

I'm sorry for not posting it sooner, simply forgot about monks (been playing around with a Barbarian). Np for paladins, I can wait. Fighters alone still keep me going. Otoh, it seems to me that the hardest part (at least for warrior classes) is almost done. I.e. Paladins will get no potential game-breaking or "difficult" skills (think Frenzy or Called Shot), Rangers as well (BM seems to be the one issue, and Trueclass Ranger the second), plus they all seem to look fine on paper. Sure, testing will need to be done (for Inquisitor in particular I think) but the direction seems to be clearly set.
Well, you are pretty much spot on as neither paladins nor rangers should have new "ground breaking" abilities such as Called Shot or Frenzy to handle. That being said there are tons of things to discuss and refine there too.
That's exactly the surprise I was talking about, though I had in mind just thac0 and saves because xp tables are not ready. Well, as long as they are optional I guess xp tables too won't harm anyone, and at least we can see what they mess around in terms of joinable NPCs and their level.
Erhm don't forget that when you revise the base class, you also revise all the NPCs... making your need to use the remove all effects/spells and apply the new ones. ... practically making you a need to make the Level 1 NPCs again. ;) Ouh, speaking of which you sure need to make extra sure the L1NPCs is compatible with the mod.

Got a compatibility question (issue?) regarding the now EFF'd up DVCL111.SPL (1 star in all profs at lvl 5 for fighters) - again.

What about mods that change the weapon restrictions for divine casters (like a component in IR ^^)? Are the EFF files created at install time with these (lack of) restrictions taken in account or vanilla restrictions only?

I also encountered an issue playing BG:EE where proficiencies are reset to 1 upon reaching lvl 5. Starting a BG2 (SoA or ToB) game doesn't cause that issue. Not sure how it behaves with BGT/Tutu but I guess from the feedback it has been tested to work fine so maybe it's just related to BG:EE and they meddled with the #233 effect opcode.

Got a compatibility question (issue?) regarding the now EFF'd up DVCL111.SPL (1 star in all profs at lvl 5 for fighters) - again.

What about mods that change the weapon restrictions for divine casters (like a component in IR ^^)?

The list of all proficiencies shouldn't be affected by which proficiencies are available to divine casters.

If you're concerned about the component in BG2 Tweaks that groups multiple proficiencies into BG1 weapon groupings, I just tested it. That component doesn't create new proficiencies; it renames old ones. Fighters gain proficiency in categories that no longer exist, but these don't even show up on the character sheet, so it seems to work fine.

Little bug discovered - WS "Disruptive strike" starts missing the icon after level 10 upgrade (Breaching Strike), for some unknown reason it now causes CTD. Previously there was just an icon missing.
WTF?!? I haven't changed it since ages and looking at it everything seems fine. Mmm...

Edit: I really cannot track down any possible cause...the ability is using vanilla's Breach icons to avoid old issues with Pacek's bams. Is it causing ctd on a BGEE game or original saga?

One more - Paladin's aura seems to be affected by magic resistance.
The "anti-stackability" opcodes 206 were not bypassing magic res, while the aura's effects actually worked fine.

I also encountered an issue playing BG:EE where proficiencies are reset to 1 upon reaching lvl 5. Starting a BG2 (SoA or ToB) game doesn't cause that issue. Not sure how it behaves with BGT/Tutu but I guess from the feedback it has been tested to work fine so maybe it's just related to BG:EE and they meddled with the #233 effect opcode.
Oh my...it sounds like they changed the opcode. It could not lower pre-existing proficiencies in a vanilla game (I'm wondering why do they needed to make it able to lower prof points?). :( Not sure what to do right away, but I have to find a solution. Edited by Demivrgvs

Erhm don't forget that when you revise the base class, you also revise all the NPCs... making your need to use the remove all effects/spells and apply the new ones. ... practically making you a need to make the Level 1 NPCs again. ;) Ouh, speaking of which you sure need to make extra sure the L1NPCs is compatible with the mod.

The game does it automatically upon JoinParty() action.
Erhm don't forget that when you revise the base class, you also revise all the NPCs... making your need to use the remove all effects/spells and apply the new ones.
The game does it automatically upon JoinParty() action.
Erhm it does ? As far as I know, it does not ! Cause I remember one character with save throws and HPs that were remapped at the very first level up he got, and there was a few minuses in the level up screen, because the character was supposed to be a goblin thief, had the 10 HPs and their saves... and the kit bonuses(from the .2da file) are in particularly very vulnerable. So he ended with 16 HPs, and higher Save vs Death than he had.
Little bug discovered - WS "Disruptive strike" starts missing the icon after level 10 upgrade (Breaching Strike), for some unknown reason it now causes CTD. Previously there was just an icon missing.
WTF?!? I haven't changed it since ages and looking at it everything seems fine. Mmm...

Edit: I really cannot track down any possible cause...the ability is using vanilla's Breach icons to avoid old issues with Pacek's bams. Is it causing ctd on a BGEE game or original saga?

I don't have EE. Funny thing was, I start playing ToB with WS. I use Disruptive Strike, no icon(it's empty) but the ability is there and works fine. I exit the game, start again (or reload, can't remember) and all of the sudden - CTD the moment I click on "special abilities" menu. Call me crazy, but it's true.

EDIT:

Tried it out again. Same thing happened. Lvl1 WS seems fine. I CLUA him up to 10th level, icon dissapears, but it works.

I reload to try and take screenshots, I get ctd. :p

EDIT2:

It seems that it's Inner Focus causing these issues, not Disruptive strike...sorry... :(

anyway, I managed to get screens:

level 1 ws

level 10 ws

Edited by kreso
Sorry again, so many abilities to track/try out/report...... :( Hope it's easilly fixable.
I was joking man. ;) I've already fixed it. :) I'll try to upload a new beta before going to bed (putting there as much as I can), but I'm kinda messed up too. As you say, there's really an absurd amount of abilities already, and I'm going from one to the other to look, study, tweak or fix them, all of that while trying to finish paladin kits and reply to all posts on forums (and PMs). My brain is about to explode. :D