Unearthed Arcana presents Scales of Balance: a post-hac tweak pack

13 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Also, I see you installed 5E v1.5.2, which has a flaw that will only show up in some edge-case circumstances, but will be super annoying if it does show up. You'll want to install this hotfix if you have 5E v1.5.2, MnG v4.17.1, and/or TnB v0.9.25.1.

Yeah, I was reading about the issue with resting and waiting and I started to get worried.. now I see I have exactly those versions 😩

Thank you very much for the hotfix, but I'll just start all over again, with all the proper last updates. With Project Infinity it's not that annoying.

Updated to v5.37. In addition to moving up to v9.1.1 of the semi-spontaneous function library to maintain parity with other mods, this fixes an oversight: if you installed the modified XP tables in the XPO, classes would still get HLAs at levels based on the vanilla XP tables.

Now, all classes get HLAs at "epic levels," i.e. at level 21. (Multiclasses no longer get HLAs at level 14 or whatever - they get HLAs at level 20. Notably, multiclasses don't hit level 20 until about 5.5 million XP, so multiclassing will have to be, like virtue, its own reward.

Edited by subtledoctor

Well, you can always just edit lunumab.2da and set it for whatever level you want. This is one of those things where it’s so easy to change that it almost doesn’t make sense to make a mod for it. (I changed it now because my mod was actually affecting it and not telling the player about it.) 

I also think CDTweaks has a component(s) to change this, which can be installed over this mod just fine.  

Edited by subtledoctor

Stat-based bonus spell slots don't seem to work for NPCs like Jaheira or Xzar, but do work for my character. I had Stat Bonus Overhaul (SBO) and SBO: Ability Score-Based Bonus Spells installed from Scales of Balance and they were the last two things I installed.

BG: EE

Edited by Enimvaar
49 minutes ago, Enimvaar said:

Stat-based bonus spell slots don't seem to work for NPCs like Jaheira or Xzar, but do work for my character. I had Stat Bonus Overhaul (SBO) and SBO: Ability Score-Based Bonus Spells installed from Scales of Balance and they were the last two things I installed.

if you use the console (ctrl-space) and enter "C:SetCurrentXP("##")" where ## is a number high enough to let Jaheira/Xzar reach the next level, and then you level them up, does it fix things? The problem is, the mod changes the spell table but .CRE files only have their spell slots adjust to match the new table when they level up. This happens as a matter of course when you create a new character, but for existing NPCs in the game, it doesn't happen until they level up.

Actually adjusting NPC spell slots turned out to be not as hard as I thought. So this is added in version 5.37.2.

EDIT - although, I don't fully understand how you thought it wasn't working on Jaheira, since SoB doesn't change this for clerics and druids - they are hard-coded to use MXPSLWIS.2da... that's slightly worrying...

EDIT - which I suppose means I should exclude priests from that new adjustment... hmm.

Edited by subtledoctor

I took some time to look through UA GitHub and one thing led to another, there are much undiscovered gems scattered across various Ghubs like Aquadrizzt's, Grammarsalad's and so on not easily found on boards of community forums. But if one thing is lacking those are often incomplete and partial README's but that is to be expected from still unfinished and BETA mods I guess. Anyway couple of questions for SoB:

if you install both components 102 and 124 which is APR rate for darts exactly? Furthermore is it true that component 201 according to one older Tome and Blood readme actually change arcane spell progression: " To maintain balance with the existing system, the existing spell progressions for Mages, Bards, and Sorcerers will all be reduced by one spell per level, to a minimum of one spell"? And what exactly "sorcerers only get bonuses to spells up to 5th level; in addition, they get up to three 1 bonuses to their caster level" means, is it that Sorcerer with 18 CHA casts Fireball 3 levels stronger than his actual casting level or something else? Finally I dearly hope that bug which you described in component 204 is finally fixed with 2.6.6 patch, did you test it perchance? 

EDIT: hmm, it is more probably that Sorcerer with 24 CHA can manage to pull off such feat... it looks that 16 or 18 CHA are the same regarding casting level... 

Edited by Greenhorn