Unearthed Arcana presents Might & Guile: tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues

35 minutes ago, GawainBS said:

M&G has a "Revised Archery" component, yet I couldn't find anything in the documentation. What does it do?

Component 205 is detailed here, in between the feats and bards.  It replaces the single "called shot" ability with several different trick shots (pin someone in place, or stun them, or make them stumble, etc.) which can be chosen like feats.  It also auto-installs the Marksman (fighter), Sniper (thief), Elven Archer (ranger), and Halfling Slinger (fighter/thief) kits.  (If the Elven Archer was already installed with Faiths & Powers, it will of course be skipped.)

For some reason, Monks are no longer available from the character creation screen. (I don't really care, just wanted to report it.)

Some bugs/inconsistenties with the  Bladesinger:

1. She is not recognised as a Bard by the Siren in Easthaven, but the Herald is.

2. She can select Necromancy & Evocation spells to learn.

3. She got to choose two fighter feats at level 1.

4. She got to choose her Bard Song at level 1 freely from all the options.

5. Despite the levelup screen saying that she can cast 4 lvl 2 spells (as per the spontaneous Bard casting & high INT), she only gets 1 spell slot.
Same for lvl 1: She just casts them as a Wizard, not like a Sorcerer. (I can memorize normally, but this does not give me a "pool" of spells to cast from spontanously.)

Edited by GawainBS
On 10/3/2020 at 6:09 PM, GawainBS said:

1. is not recognised as a Bard by the Siren in Easthaven, but the Herald is

Huh. The Bladesinger was a late addition to the mod, and it looks like I neglected to add it to all of the script/dialogue changes. 

2. can select Necromancy & Evocation spells to learn.

Intended. The Bladesinger is a bit less of a bard and a bit more of a normal fighter/mage. As a nod to the OP nature of the PnP kit, this one gets some benefits that other bards don’t.

3. She got to choose two fighter feats at level 1.

4. She got to choose her Bard Song at level 1 freely from all the options.

Will look into this. I suspect it’s an interaction with the trueclass fighter abilities from the feats component.

5. Despite the levelup screen saying that she can cast 4 lvl 2 spells (as per the spontaneous Bard casting & high INT), she only gets 1 spell slot.
Same for lvl 1: She just casts them as a Wizard, not like a Sorcerer. (I can memorize normally, but this does not give me a "pool" of spells to cast from spontanously.)

The level-up screen is wrong, and meaningless, and impossible to change. Pay no attention to it. 

I think you have not used the “activate bardic spellcasting” special ability.

On 10/8/2020 at 2:34 PM, GawainBS said:

6. Bladesong is not appearing as an option.

7. Not getting to select a Focus Weapon at lvl 9, so not getting an extra 1/2 attack.

There might be a problem here. I’m playing with Xan as a Bladesinger in my current game, I’ll see what happens at level 9.

Thanks. I never got an option to select Bardic spellcasting. Special abilities include: find familiar, imbue familiar and my abjuration cantrip from Tome and Blood. 

The Herald is a Fighter/Thief Bard without spellcasting in my game. The readme says otherwise. Not sure which is correct.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.