Mod Compatibility List for EET

Attempting to install ascension 1.5 beta onto a fresh EET 1.6 + SoD install with weidu 239.03 results in the following error for me:

[./override/BIMOEN25.DLG] loaded, 11225 bytes

[bIMOEN25.DLG] loaded

[./override/BALTH.DLG] loaded, 4137 bytes

[bALTH.DLG] loaded

WARNING: internal label [7] not found in processed DLG [PLAYER1]

ERROR: processing .D actions [ascension/ascensionmain/d/player1.d]: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Ascension v1.51 BETA (requires ToB)], rolling back to previous state

Unable to Unlink [ascension/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "ascension/backup/0/OTHER.0")

[ascension/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 188 files for [ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2] component 0.

Did this happen before as well? Did I overlook something in the installation process? I tried rolling back to weidu 239 as well, but same result.

Edit: It works on vanilla BG2EE, so something might be up with the conversion process.

can't reproduce it. Version downloaded from here (Clone or download -> Download ZIP) installs fine for me on RC6 using weidu 239.03. You're aware that BG2:EE mods should be installed before setup-EET_end.exe, right?

Yes, I didn't run EET_end yet and Ascension is the first BG2EE mod I try to install. However I do have SoD mods installed from the BGEE compatibility list, as per argent77's post above.

Edit: Simply removing player1.dlg (that seems to be empty) from the override directory appears to solve the immediate problem and allows the install, for now.

Edited by Shin

I've experienced something similar. One of my BG2 mods failed installation while processing PLAYER1.DLG. It looks like EET overwrites BG2EE's PLAYER1.DLG with the PLAYER1.DLG from BG1EE. Vanilla BG1EE doesn't contain this file, but it is added by mods, like BG1NPC. It worked correctly in RC5.

this explains it. I've checked this mod with 'BGEE_to_EET_mod_checker' tool in past and don't remember this file to be reported as conflicting with BG2. Is PLAYER1.DLG new addition to BG1 NPC Project?

I will install all mods from BG:EE compatibility list to see if any other than BG1NPC Project uses this file. Probably following code will be added to 'EET/compat/bg1npc/include.tph':

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~%patch_dir%/dlg/PLAYER1.DLG~ BEGIN
  ACTION_DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY remapped_dlg BEGIN
    "PLAYER1" => "PLAYER1_"
  END
  MOVE + ~%patch_dir%/dlg/PLAYER1.DLG~ ~%patch_dir%/dlg/PLAYER1_.DLG~
END

this will handle it automatically during installation. Shin, you can paste above code to 'EET/compat/bg1npc/include.tph' and re-install EET.

edit: alternatively the file could be simply appended to the existing one considering BG2 file seems to be properly filtered. I will take a look how exactly BG1 NPC Project deal with it when installed on BGT.

Edited by K4thos

I've experienced something similar. One of my BG2 mods failed installation while processing PLAYER1.DLG. It looks like EET overwrites BG2EE's PLAYER1.DLG with the PLAYER1.DLG from BG1EE. Vanilla BG1EE doesn't contain this file, but it is added by mods, like BG1NPC. It worked correctly in RC5.

this explains it. I've checked this mod with 'BGEE_to_EET_mod_checker' tool in past and don't remember this file to be reported as conflicting with BG2. Is PLAYER1.DLG new addition to BG1 NPC Project?

I will install all mods from BG:EE compatibility list to see if any other than BG1NPC Project uses this file. Probably following code will be added to 'EET/compat/bg1npc/include.tph':

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~%patch_dir%/dlg/PLAYER1.DLG~ BEGIN
  ACTION_DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY remapped_dlg BEGIN
    "PLAYER1" => "PLAYER1_"
  END
  MOVE + ~%patch_dir%/dlg/PLAYER1.DLG~ ~%patch_dir%/dlg/PLAYER1_.DLG~
END

this will handle it automatically during installation. Shin, you can paste above code to 'EET/compat/bg1npc/include.tph' and re-install EET.

edit: alternatively the file could be simply appended to the existing one considering BG2 file seems to be properly filtered. I will take a look how exactly BG1 NPC Project deal with it when installed on BGT.

That does indeed seem to solve the issue, thanks.

Does this mean that Player1.dlg becomes Player1_.dlg for the BG1 campaign?

what do you mean by it? Isn't it just a normal dialogue file like any other in game? It's not assigned to Player1 like MULTIG.DLG is assigned to multiplayer characters (or at least that's not the case when I load the save file in NI).

BG1NPCProject simply CHAINS to it and removes it from charaname when dialogue is finished:

CHAIN ~PLAYER1~ IMINT4.7A
@357
= @358
== ~%IMOEN_JOINED%~ @359
= @360
DO ~ActionOverride(Player1,SetDialogue(""))~
EXIT

CHAIN ~PLAYER1~ IMINT4.7B
@361
= @362
= @363
= @364
= @365
== ~%IMOEN_JOINED%~ @366
EXIT

Or maybe I'm missing something? If the dialogue is special in any way than we could merge it via setup-eet_end.exe

---------

edit: to clarify - I meant that you can append to PLAYER1.DLG in your mod instead of PLAYER1_.DLG if you like and it should work regardless of the campaign since it's your code that assigns it, not the engine.

Edited by K4thos

Thanks for the quick fix.

The latest BG1NPC release is from April 2016. It looks like RC5 and earlier didn't transfer BG1EE's PLAYER1.DLG at all. I haven't noticed it since it just contains a few lines that are probably only relevant in certain party compositions.

I think it may be related to weidu. The compatibility patch inside 'EET/compat/bg1npc/include.tph' already had this code:

//Compatibility with BG1NPC Required Modifications
ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~) AND (FILE_CONTAINS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~ ~BG1NPC\.TP2. #[0-9]+ #0 ~) BEGIN
    EXTEND_TOP ~REDDEATH.BCS~ ~EET/compat/bg1npc/baf/X#BRDWI.BAF~ EVALUATE_BUFFER //Interjection scripting changes, BG1 NPCs
    //delete files existing in BG2:EE
    DELETE + ~%patch_dir%/dlg/PLAYER1.dlg~
END

which should delete the file during installation when component 0 is detected (this was obviously mistake on my part considering this file is actually used - for some reson I thought it is empty - maybe it was when I was creating that compatibility patch).

Do you still have SETUP-EET_CORE.DEBUG file to check what has been reported when weidu tried to use DELETE + on PLAYER1.DLG? If no, no problem, I will test it on new installation.

Edited by K4thos

Does this mean that Player1.dlg becomes Player1_.dlg for the BG1 campaign?

what do you mean by it? Isn't it just a normal dialogue file like any other in game? It's not assigned to Player1 like MULTIG.DLG is assigned to multiplayer characters (or at least that's not the case when I load the save file in NI).

BG1NPCProject simply CHAINS to it and removes it from charaname when dialogue is finished:

CHAIN ~PLAYER1~ IMINT4.7A
@357
= @358
== ~%IMOEN_JOINED%~ @359
= @360
EXIT

CHAIN ~PLAYER1~ IMINT4.7B
@361
= @362
= @363
= @364
= @365
== ~%IMOEN_JOINED%~ @366
EXIT

Or maybe I'm missing something? If the dialogue is special in any way than we could merge it via setup-eet_end.exe

---------

edit: to clarify - I meant that you can append to PLAYER1.DLG in your mod instead of PLAYER1_.DLG if you like and it should work regardless of the campaign since it's your code that assigns it, not the engine.

You are right - the question was stupid.

Player1.dlg is not assigned to player1 - only the dream file is.

ok, I see where the problem lays with that PLAYER1.DLG. EET didn't import "WeiDU-BGEE.log" (RC6 regression), that is why compatibility patch couldn't detect if first BG1 NPC Component has been installed. This means that there are few more patches not applied, so there may be more problems. Files attached to this post are already fixed, so it may be a good idea to re-install EET to be sure that all patches have been applied. If subtledoctor will confirm that the mod installs fine on OSX I will push update with those files as RC6.3 on GitHub.

Edited by K4thos

The icons on the bp-bgt worldmap look weird, has anyone else tried to use the bp-bgt worldmap?

https://i.imgur.com/0YkPLaA.jpg

weidu bgee log :

~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Slime Quest: v13
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Beregost Family Quest: v13
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Installing the Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v13
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v13
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v13
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Undying Love Quest: v13
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Orcish Lover Encounter: v13
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Unexpected Help Quest: v13
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #8 // "Many Little Paws": v13
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: v13
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Warm Place for Noober: v13
~SIRINESCALL/SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call: v14
~SIRINESCALL/SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Lighthouse area: v14
~SETUP-BG1AERIE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie for BG:EE
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #28 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #29 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open Cloakwood Lodge (first Cloakwood area only): v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #31 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v22.3_20160416
~BG1NPCMUSIC/SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v6
~INDINPC/SETUP-INDINPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Indira NPC: v12.0 BETA 3
~MUR'NETH/MUR'NETH.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Mur'Neth NPC mod for Baldur's Gate Tutu or Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU: v11
~AJANTISBG1/SETUP-AJANTISBG1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installs Ajantis BG1 Expansion Modification: 10
~FINCHNPC/FINCHNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Finch NPC: v4.0 BETA 7
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin NPC for Tutu, BGT, and BG:EE: v9
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #13 // Gavin: Player Initiated Dialogue: v9
~VALERIE/VALERIE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Valerie NPC Mod for BG1 Tutu: v1.1
~ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Isra NPC Mod for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu
~ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Valerie/Isra crossmod banter?
~ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Gavin/Isra crossmod banter?
~SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
~SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
~NEERA/NEERA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Neera Expansion: v1.1
~NEERA/NEERA.TP2~ #0 #4 // How much time would you like between talks (approximately)? -> 1.5 hours (default): v1.1
~NEERA/NEERA.TP2~ #0 #6 // Make Neera romanceable by women?: v1.1
~NEERA/NEERA.TP2~ #0 #7 // Make Rasaad romanceable by men?: v1.1
~SARADAS_MAGIC/SARADAS_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // saradas_magic
~SETUP-TENYATHERMIDOR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tenya Thermidor for BG:EE
~SETUP-VYND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Vynd for BGTutu, BGT and BG:EE
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #28 // Prism and the Emeralds Tweak: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #29 // Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #30 // Nim Furlwing Encounter: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v14.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v14.0
~MARGARITA/SETUP-MARGARITA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Margarita for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // Initialise EET (first mod in install order): 1.0 RC6
~EET_CORE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Core EET (game importation): 1.0 RC6
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons: v10.1
~EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternative EET GUI (SoD)
~EET_END.TP2~ #0 #1 // Finalise EET (last mod in install order)

It looks like you have installed an outdated version of bp-bgt worldmap. You have installed v10.1. Current version (and minimum supported version according to mod compatibility page) is v10.2.1.

I'm retarded, thanks. I did it fine for RC4 but somehow didn't remember SHS downloads are broken.

Do not forget to patch it for EET (to get the SoD icons) with the patch that is also on the mods download page.

Running into some issues while trying to install SCS:

1. The "vanilla" v30 version from G3 + the EET patch results in install failure, which I believe is similar to the pre-hotfix v30 install failures:

Copying and patching 1 file ...

Reading in data: spellcodes
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/spell.ids] loaded, 26766 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert level or %level% to an integer
ERROR: [spell.ids] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

2. The hotfixed v30 version from https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/806853/#Comment_806853 + the EET patch also fails to install, though later in the install process, where it seems player1.dlg is a culprit once again:

Copied [planevil.CRE] to [override/planevil.CRE]

...done

Installing file(s) werewyv.baf ds52329.baf
Compiling 1 script ...
[stratagems/initial/baf/werewyv.baf] loaded, 492 bytes
[./override/TRIGGER.IDS] loaded, 9670 bytes
[./override/EA.IDS] loaded, 244 bytes
[./override/ACTION.IDS] loaded, 27606 bytes
[./override/ANIMATE.IDS] loaded, 11258 bytes
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
Compiling 1 script ...
[stratagems/initial/baf/ds52329.baf] loaded, 462 bytes
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
[override/player1.dlg] loaded, 63948 bytes
Processing quests and journals
ERROR: No translation provided for @314

3. When using only the hotfixed v30 the installation works, but of course treats the game as BG2 and skips all the BG1 components.

So what's the current status of SCS with EET, is it supposed to work with vanilla + EET patch as in the compatibility list, or should the hotfixes be applied? Or is there another option?

Edit: Actually I just realized I didn't upgrade to 6.3 yet - would that be likely to sort this out and make option 2 above feasible, seeing as it's the player1.dlg file that causes issues again?

Edited by Shin
Running into some issues while trying to install SCS:

subtledoctor's fixes don't work with EET becaouse both EET patch and hix fix overwrites the same files. What you need to to do is:

1. Download and extract clean SCS from the official link

2. Download and extract EET compatibility patch on top of it

3. Download and install Big World Fixpack that adds patch 2.x support to SCS (it patches files rather than overwritting them)

I could add those patch 2.x fixes directly to EET compatibility patch but wanted to make changes only related to EET support, so that once the original SCS author shows up (or when SCS lands on Github) it would be easier to see what changes are actually related to compatibility.

Edited by K4thos