Mod Compatibility List for EET

Just putting this as a disclaimer for current playtesters. I encountered a bug with Afaaq and asked Argent77 on the bg forums, here's his answer :

Regarding "000000086-afaaq bug no soulcage", this is an EET incompatibility caused by different chapter numbers. In vanilla BG2 the drow and his entourage will leave in Chapter 6 (ie. after leaving the Underdark). The latest stable release has not yet been updated in this regard. Reinstalling the mod is probably out of question. But if you still have a save from before he left the area you could open A77005.BCS in NI and change
 GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
into
GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",17)
There may be more compatibility issues because of this (especially his banters may sometimes be out of place). There aren't many more quest-specific chapter checks though.

Edit : You can get the latest release from the devel branche on Github as well, it'll have the chapter fixes.

https://github.com/Argent77/DjinniCompanion/tree/devel

Edited by GrimLefourbe

New mod for BG2:EE and EET: Skip Chateau Irenicus (Alternate download)

It's fully compatible with EET and provides an improved (and less silly) alternative to the (in)famous Dungeon-Be-Gone. The mod will also allow you to pick up all the stuff you missed when escaping to the surface, including mod-added items.

nice!

-----

Also Sheena NPC has been updated with native EET support.

New mod for BG2:EE and EET: Skip Chateau Irenicus (Alternate download)

It's fully compatible with EET and provides an improved (and less silly) alternative to the (in)famous Dungeon-Be-Gone. The mod will also allow you to pick up all the stuff you missed when escaping to the surface, including mod-added items.

nice!
Nice indeed! I'll handle Polish translation when I get back from vacations. Edited by Cahir

Hmm... I don't see Refinements here! I believe that my fork of Refinements (which I'm alternating between calling "New Refinements beta 0.8" and "Refinements v4 rc8") should be compatible with EET.

Read about it and download it here:

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58623-refinements-hlas-modularized-and-on-bg2ee/

I would certainly like to hear feedback from anyone playing EET to make sure it is completely compatible. Never play with the vanilla HLA tables again! :)

Hmm... I don't see Refinements here! I believe that my fork of Refinements (which I'm alternating between calling "New Refinements beta 0.8" and "Refinements v4 rc8") should be compatible with EET.

I would certainly like to hear feedback from anyone playing EET to make sure it is completely compatible. Never play with the vanilla HLA tables again! :)

If I understand correctly, you're in charge of the HLA part right? I can test the HLAs for my next playthrough but the readme suggests that the compatibility isn't great for the other components.

added to the list, thanks.

No, it has been added to the wrong list. The mod is for BG2:EE and can be installed somewhere after the EET core component.

fixed, sorry for confusion.

subtledoctor, from what I remember Refinemets HLAs overwrites BAM file with state icons. If this is still the case than take a look at this patch 2.x feature:

Status Icons

Status icons, the small graphics that appear on the Character Record screen to denote effects like Stunned, Charmed, or Fatigued, have been externalized to STATDESC.2da and can now support any spell icon.

Note from the Developers: There is a new column in STATDESC.2da, BAM_FILE. If that column is empty or has **** as a value, it will be ignored by all opcodes that use the file for setting icons. However, if that icon has a proper string (i.e. SPWI417C for enchanted weapon) then that BAM will be scaled down to display as an icon on the character’s portrait.

So all you need to do is use this 2da and reference each of the new BAM (you can extract them from that pre-made file) rather than overwrite whole file. Otherwise Refinements won't be compatible with IWD-in-EET unless installed earlier.

Edited by K4thos

Well, poop. I'm not sure when I'm going to have time to do that. Might have to table it until IWD-in-EET is actually released

no worries. And I was thinking about something else when writing that post. Of course IWD-in-EET will also use that system when I finally move to updating it with 2.x features. The conflict is only for now since the mod still has patch 1.3 codebase and it wasn't possible to resolve it differently back than. No point in overwriting this file by either mod when 2da file allows to implement it reasonably.

Edited by K4thos

@K4thos

I just released this:Portraits Portraits Everywhere.

It's primarily for EET though it can install on IWDEE, BG1EE, or BG2EE also. I'm not sure how it will handle IWDinEET, if you are planning on renaming creatures or not. For my tests, I've been installing after EET-End. It patches a couple of dialogue triggers, but mostly just adds a portrait on small portraits of all speaking actors in EET.

Edited by smeagolheart