Mod Compatibility List for EET

I give up! Do not know what else to do. Manual re-installations of EET is no fan (to say the list) and I get at least one constant bug that I can not localize - some mode replaces name of the spell "Protection from Evil" with line "Wisdom increase +1", which looks like a feat.

There are 3 mods affecting original classes that I still keep - RR, WSR and Shamanic Dance. EET also adds "Priest of Talos". I uninstalled that part of mod, but nothing changed. WHAT can it be?!

I give up! Do not know what else to do. Manual re-installations of EET is no fan (to say the list) and I get at least one constant bug that I can not localize - some mode replaces name of the spell "Protection from Evil" with line "Wisdom increase +1", which looks like a feat.

There are 3 mods affecting original classes that I still keep - RR, WSR and Shamanic Dance. EET also adds "Priest of Talos". I uninstalled that part of mod, but nothing changed. WHAT can it be?!

There is a very important sentence in the #1 post of this topic:

the compatibility list does not imply that the other modifications mentioned are compatible with each other. Make sure you understand the specific requirements of each modification by looking at their readmes before you go into hardcore mixing and matching.

EET compatibility means that the mod works in an EET game, nothing else. Same for install order - means that your selected mods should be installed in this order.

The important part is that there are dependencies and conflicts in any large install. BWS assists you by pointing out those detected and reported in forums - In manual install you need to figure them out yourself.

(And...if I understood some of your posts correctly...you even put some self-converted extra mods into the mix.)

It is the link the author personally provided and the one published everywhere, there is no alternative. The problem may be that it uses server github-production-release-asset-2e65be.s3.amazonaws.com, which spam/ad filters may not like.

PS - this is not the only mod for which I found exactly the same issue. I can only download them if I disable my blockers for it.

Sorry about that, I thought that GitHub was the preferred download hosting site for BWS (that's what the template says).

Looking at the .ini file on BitBucket, it looks like ALIEN changed it to something at lynxlynx.info (no idea what that site is, a mirror I suppose?).

Edited by AstroBryGuy
The important part is that there are dependencies and conflicts in any large install. BWS assists you by pointing out those detected and reported in forums - In manual install you need to figure them out yourself.

Which is the main reason why personally I'm so dependent on the BWS. There's just no way I could keep track of all the conflicts, dependencies, and install order of 100+ mods.

There is a very important sentence in the #1 post of this topic:

the compatibility list does not imply that the other modifications mentioned are compatible with each other. Make sure you understand the specific requirements of each modification by looking at their readmes before you go into hardcore mixing and matching.

EET compatibility means that the mod works in an EET game, nothing else. Same for install order - means that your selected mods should be installed in this order.

(And...if I understood some of your posts correctly...you even put some self-converted extra mods into the mix.)

I understand all of this. There were 2 mods I tried to add to the mix and refused from the idea. Both were NPC mods with no changes to the classes.

The list of mods I am using now do not show any conflicts in BWS. Yet, BWS also fails to install them without problems, the main reason I am doing it manually. I just hoped someone could recognize the line about additional Wisdom and name the mod that is doing that.

If you find the mod that renames the protection against evil spell to Wisdom +1 let me know. I encountered this a while back and at first, I thought it's bg1re because with version 2.0 I added a spell for the component "Messenger 2" that adds Wisdom +1 and I created it out of a Protection Form Evil spell but I didn't find anything wrong (and the bug didn't show for an install with only bg1re installed).

If you find the mod that renames the protection against evil spell to Wisdom +1 let me know. I encountered this a while back and at first, I thought it's bg1re because with version 2.0 I added a spell for the component "Messenger 2" that adds Wisdom +1 and I created it out of a Protection Form Evil spell but I didn't find anything wrong (and the bug didn't show for an install with only bg1re installed).

Good to know, and RE would be the last mod I could suspect. Never played without it and never saw that bug before EET either.

Well, simple "uninstall bg1re" did not change anything - bug is still here. Will try another fresh BWS install (who knows, may be 100th time is a charm?) and report about result.

If you test by uninstalling, keep in mind that it might not change some things that are saved in the save file, i.e. check for a new game. I encountered the wrong spell name in Jaheira's druid spell book, for example. It wasn't my install, therefore I couldn't test as much as I wanted.

Thank you very much for testing!

Problem with spells and spell books is that unlike with items, the name of a new spell is not fixed - ADD_SPELL will pick the first appropriate SPXX123.spl name that is free at the time of installation. (The spell must be named like this or the engine won't pick it up on spell selection screens.) However, once a spell has been added to a spell book, the file name it has at that time is recorded in the caster's .cre file which is part of your save game.

If you uninstall a mod that adds spells and reinstall it, it's possible that the spells will be assigned different filenames for this install, but the old filenames still remain in the spell book in your save game, this is why you then see the spells in your spell book changed.

It's better not to uninstall and reinstall spell mods on an active game. If it does happen, you can fix it by editing your save game with DLTCEP or ShadowKeeper.

I had to mention that that bug with Wisdom +1 comes up at character generation screen. Description is right - PfE - but name of the spell in the list of "select your spells" is bugged.

Ok, fresh installation with BWS. Very minimalistic (compare to what I actually want from EET) and with full BG1RE (as the only suspect by now). Surprisingly, just one ERROR during installation (and among sound files, no biggie) but that damn bug with Wisdom is there!

Well, since BWS is setup-ed and does not need much attention, I'll re-install EET without BG1RE and see, how it would work.

BiG World Install Debug.7z

Edited by Mirandel
Updated

Remove in Part 3

Imoen Friendship (SoA & ToB) v2.2

Yoshimo Friendship v3.1

Add in part 2

Imoen Frienship (SoA & ToB) v3.0 >>>> https://github.com/RoxanneSHS/ImoenEE/archive/master.zip

Yoshimo Friendship v4.0 >>>> https://github.com/RoxanneSHS/YoshimoEE/archive/master.zip

Jaheira Recast >>>>>http://lynxlynx.info/ie/modhub.php?AstroBryGuy/JaheiraRecast

Edited by Roxanne

If it's bg1re (and it seems very much so) I'll need help with debugging. I added the spell best I could.

Just some amateurish questions:

In tp2 you have this line ADD_SPELL ~override/T1M2HALF.spl~ 1 1 T1M2HALF

The spell is cast one time by one script T1M2HALC.baf in order to increase player1 wisdom by 1 and display a message?

Or am I on the wrong track?

If it's bg1re (and it seems very much so) I'll need help with debugging. I added the spell best I could.

Looks like it is the case. Installation without RE did not have the bug.

What is worse - Shamans apparently are not supposed to have Protection from Evil, clerics do. So, the list of spells was messed up too. Since I was using Improved Shamanic Dance mod, probably combination of that 2 mods produces the bug.

I refuse to play without BG1RE, and really hope you can catch the wrong line.

Will make an installation without Improved Shamanic Dance but with RE and see how it works.

BiG World Install Debug.7z

Just some amateurish questions:

In tp2 you have this line ADD_SPELL ~override/T1M2HALF.spl~ 1 1 T1M2HALF

The spell is cast one time by one script T1M2HALC.baf in order to increase player1 wisdom by 1 and display a message?

Or am I on the wrong track?

Here is a proposal - provided my assumptions above are correct.

In TP2

/* spell: +1 WIS */

ACTION_IF NOT GAME_IS ~bg1 totsc bgee~ THEN BEGIN

COPY ~bg1re/messenger2/T1M2HALF.spl~ ~override~

SAY NAME1 @196 /* ~Wisdom Increase +1~ */

SAY NAME2 @196

LPF ALTER_SPELL_EFFECT

INT_VAR

match_opcode = 139 // Display String

parameter1 = RESOLVE_STR_REF(@197) //

END

END

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bg1 totsc bgee~ THEN BEGIN

COPY ~bg1re/messenger2/T1M2HALF.spl~ ~override~

END

ADD_SPELL ~override/T1M2HALF.spl~ 1 1 T1M2HALF

In T1M2Halc,bcs replace the code with

IF

True()

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CutSceneId(Player1)

ActionOverride("T1M2HAL2",ReallyForceSpellRES("T1M2HALF",Player1)) //Wis +1

Wait(1)

ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,@197))

Wait(2)

EndcutSceneMode()

ActionOverride("T1M2HAL2",%STARTDIALOGNOSET%(Player1))

END

Edited by Roxanne