Steam and GOG versions of SOD + EET?

Ulb

I borked my bg2ee install a while back from tinkering with it, and decided to just wait until sod to update it. Now it appears there's no reason to, until the dialog issue gets fixed. There's enough hoops to jump through.

SoD doesn't really have much to do with bg2ee. Even if you have SoD installed, it won't do anything to bg2ee. It's really two separate things.

In fact, the 2.x update is pretty sweet. (Once you have a decent ui mod installed)

currently unreleased update for EET supports only Beamdog version of SoD. But I can write a standalone weidu mod that will convert Steam/GoG version of SoD to work like Beamdog's version if no one has done it yet. If anyone knows about a freeware unzip tool that supports windows/mac/linux and can work from command line please post a link.

@K4thos that is awesome of you, though I'm still kind of expecting Beamdog to offer a solution instead of having you do all the work.

In any case, thank you.

Pros and cons

If K4thos does it we can be pretty sure that it works. But not everybody affected by this dilemma will know about it and many players just like to play their mods and will be unaware of the problem and its solution. This is why I agree with Ulb that there should be a solution from the source rather than one that may only be known and used by some *inner circle* of those who read these threads and forum.

ok, here is a tool coded in weidu that converts Steam/GoG version of SoD to format used by Beamdog:

https://github.com/K4thos/UnzipSoD

Should work on Windows and probably on OSX (needs testing). If there is something wrong in the code feel free to modify files directly on GitHub.

It takes few minutes to install. I agree that the current implementation is unacceptable, so hopefully this mod won't be an excuse for Beamdog to ignore the problem.

edit: now also supports linux. Although keep in mind about this problem. The mod will be updated after new weidu is released.

I've run into an error, though I have to agree with janoha.. your speed is amazing!

Here is the weidu log:

WeiDU v 23900 Log

C:\BGEE\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\setup-UnzipSoD.exe
[.\chitin.key] loaded, 517026 bytes
[.\chitin.key] 79 BIFFs, 36767 resources
[./goglog.ini] loaded, 86 bytes
[.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
[.\lang\xx_xx\dialog.tlk] loaded, 4714594 bytes
[.\lang\xx_xx\dialog.tlk] 34000 string entries

Using .\lang\xx_xx\dialog.tlk

Install Component [unzipSoD]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Installing [unzipSoD] [beta 0.1]
Creating 3 directories
Copying 1 file ...
ERROR: error loading [unzipSoD/sod-dlc/mod.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [unzipSoD], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [unzipSoD/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "UnzipSoD/backup/0/OTHER.0")
[unzipSoD/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 0 files for [uNZIPSOD/UNZIPSOD.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 0 files for [uNZIPSOD/UNZIPSOD.TP2] component 0.
Unable to Unlink [unzipSoD/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "UnzipSoD/backup/0/READLN.0")
Unable to Unlink [unzipSoD/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "UnzipSoD/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "UnzipSoD/sod-dlc/mod.key")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-UNZIPSOD.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)

Install Component [unzipSoD]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Saving This Log:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS UnzipSoD

WeiDU Timings
OUTER_INNER_PATCH_SAVE 0.000
<<<<<<<< 0.000
load TLK 0.000
tp2 uninstall 0.000
DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION 0.000
DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION 0.000
OUTER_SPRINT 0.000
OUTER_SET 0.000
INCLUDE 0.000
MKDIR 0.000
parsing .log files 0.000
AT_NOW 0.000
process_patch2 0.000
eval_pe 0.000
DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO 0.000
OUTER_INNER_PATCH 0.000
ACTION_IF 0.000
READ_* 0.000
loading files 0.000
DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO 0.000
COPY 0.000
stuff not covered elsewhere 0.016
unmarshal TLK 0.016
Parsing TP2 files 0.016
unmarshal KEY 0.031
Parsing TPA files 0.062
TOTAL 0.140

May bad, old clipboard.. here is what I wanted to say

error loading [unzipSoD/sod-dlc/mod.key]

I checked the folder and there is no mod.key in there only a subfolder called override.

@Ulb Does GoG use different filenames for the DLC (In the Steam version it's "sod/sod-dlc.zip" for the archive and "mod.key" for the included KEY file)?

Just a word of warning. The current WeiDU version v239 doesn't know of the new resource types (MENU, LUA and TTF) and uses the wrong type for WBM files. Files of these types won't be extracted correctly (or at all). You should wait for Wisp to release an updated WeiDU (these issues have already been fixed internally).

I've just updated the package with additional FAIL messages and mtee.exe tool that will print command line messages. Please upload new full debug file - with these changes I will be able to check what has gone wrong. I'm also re-downloading clean version of Steam SoD to check it out once again.

Just a word of warning. The current WeiDU version v239 doesn't know of the new resource types (MENU, LUA and TTF) and uses the wrong type for WBM files. Files of these types won't be extracted correctly (or at all). You should wait for Wisp to release an updated WeiDU (these issues have already been fixed internally).

All LUA and MENU files are included in the package - they are copied over to override after weidu unbiffing is complete. Forgot about TTF files but from what I see they are already present in the vanilla game biffs, so probably not needed.

Archived