Forum Upgrade

CamDawg

You may have already noticed... ;)

G3 has upgraded to v2 of IPB for our forum software. For those of you who visit FW you should already be familiar with the changes from v1.3 to v2; if not feel free to browse through your control panel and explore. We're already getting rave reviews.

The biggest change is in the forum skin--the default skin is an extension of the site look and feel. I have tried to keep the same skin options as before, but not every skin we had previously has a v2-compatible skin. On the upside, changing skins is a lot easier thanks to the pulldown menu in the lower left corner.

If you happen to have any questions or notice something gone awry, please let me know.

Litebar skins are still displaying quoted text as very very very very dark brown on black.

Thanks, I'll get to this when I get home this evening.

I want the previous default skin back, please.

I have been unable to find an updated version of Minimalist. It's what I used to use as well. Apologies.

I have the same complaint I have about the FW forum, and, in fact, every IPB forums I've ever visited - My Assisstant - where is she? I presume she's tall, blonde, with long legs, and a stunning smile (and she makes a mean cup of tea too), but I've never seen her around.

Whats up Cam? Does she want a pay raise, or is she always off sick, or are the rumours of terrible working conditions in the Gibberling Cave true?

;)

The Member Map has now been restored to all skins.

I've also added a new feature to the boards. Under Forum Options in the G3 Default Skin, or in the upper right corner in the Borderline or Litebar skins you'll find a Live Chat button. An IRC client has been built into the software that'll take you straight to the G3 channel. You'll need to be registered and logged in--sorry guests.

Archived