IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

3 hours ago, Hubal said:

Sorry I was busy. Weidu attached.

WeiDU.log 29.92 kB · 0 downloads

This looks to be an automated install? If you would be so kind, could you install Notepad++ (if you don't already have it installed, or something else capable of doing a similar complete content search) and perform a complete search of your item_rev folder for "ubsetup"? Such an unusual error unfortunately requires unusual investigation. I'll make an example video right now:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/narzdmi8z32nk4w/zhJTPnOAPU.mp4

Edited by Bartimaeus

This isn't an automated install, although it has some issues with ordering for sure (EET Fixpack is trash btw).

Note that BG1 Unfinished Business is installed to BG1 and migrated from there on EET installs. If IR(R) expects the bg1ub mod folder in the current installation, that can cause the issue.

1 hour ago, Hubal said:

It found Zero in 3605 files

Thanks. If you install IR/R's main component right now at the end of the install, does it still give that error?

7 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

This isn't an automated install, although it has some issues with ordering for sure (EET Fixpack is trash btw).

Note that BG1 Unfinished Business is installed to BG1 and migrated from there on EET installs. If IR(R) expects the bg1ub mod folder in the current installation, that can cause the issue.

Can you explain more? I get the idea of installing BG1UB and then having EET migrate it over, but I don't understand why it would specifically affect IR/R in such a manner as to create this install error.

Edited by Bartimaeus
6 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

Sorry, I was wrong there, the ubsetup.tra file is from BG2 UB (it even exists in my current EE location, hah). I still don't know IR(R) at all, but is it possible that IR(R) tries to load BG2 UB strings based on detecting a component?

Though I could find no suggestion in the IR install files that this could happen, I installed all of Unfinished Business before-hand but still did not run into this issue. I'm really at a loss as to what would make IRR try to call ubsetup.tra. If Hubal is able to install the main component at the end of the install order without error, the only thing that I could then suggest is then uninstalling all the other components up until the exact point that he originally attempted to install the IR main component and then try again right there. If it then inexplicably works...

How do you know it's not an automated install, by the way?

Edited by Bartimaeus

I used Install Tool and I have never had that bug before.

New Test Install#18 . No problems so far

EET Install Tool had a brain fart it seems.

Six hours later and it still going. SCS just went crazy. Manager shows some ssl script and Weimer Dialogue Utilities. It never took so long to install

Any ideas?

Edited by Hubal

V1.3.700 released. Please, nobody find any major bugs with this, because I don't want to work on this in a big way for at least a few weeks.

Major changes:

1. A handful of revised 1pp/EE circlets can be found in BG2 stores, if optionally enabled in settings.ini (defaulted to off).
  2. Robes of Acid were removed from Gorion in BG1 and instead were added to three different mages throughout BG1 (with the intent to be as least disruptive as possible by not selecting mages you would find with some other robes first).
  3. Jade Hound Figurine has been removed from that one druidic store in the Umar Hills in favor of enabling it as a reward for the Dryad Acorn quest (but only if you don't have UB's Kidnapping of Boo installed, which used it for that quest instead).
  4. EE-style descriptions can be enabled via the settings.ini (for both EE and non-EE games). Essentially, descriptions will be in the same style/format (more or less...) as the EE games, not in the normal IR style.
  5. The install order now suggests to install the secondary components of IRR and SRR before Anthology Tweaks instead of after, per others' advice and testing. The readme in general got some touching up and Weapon Changes more accurately describes some of its changes - if there's any pertinent information you feel is missing from it currently, feel free to mention it.
  6. Following a suggestion from Salk, the requirements for wands/rods have all been generally lowered from what were pretty high requirements to a formula that matches learning new spells. The general effect is that all wands/rods have an intelligence requirement of 9 except for the following: Rod of Absorption (12), Rod of Resurrection (9 intelligence + 10 wisdom), Rod of the Apprenti (10), Wand of the Heavens (9 intelligence + 10 wisdom), Wand of Cloudkill (10), Wand of Spell Striking (12). If you're wondering why Wand of Frost is not included (since Cone of Cold is a 5th level spell and therefore it should have an intelligence requirement of 10), it is because of Wand of Frost is treated as being equal to a Wand of Fire in value as well as damage (Wand of Fire, Wand of Lightning, and Wand of Frost all cast with 6 base damage dice); in contrast, Wand of the Apprenti is the opposite (since it casts everything with 10 base dice as per a 5th level spell), and therefore earns its requirement of 10. Rod of Smiting and Rod of Terror continue to not have intelligence requirements, given that they're just glorified clubs.
  7. There is a new option in settings.ini that will make it so armors will show their armor class vs. the different weapon types in their descriptions (courtesy of @DavidW's itemdesc).
  8. Masterwork weapons semi-overhaul: 1. Gives unique icons to all masterwork weapons, 2. Will create backup copies of the original +1 weapons, 3. All weapons except for katanas, wakizashis, and ninjatos have masterwork variants (including ammunition!); 4. The only issue is that the original +1 weapons aren't, as of yet, restored to anywhere - something to remedy in the future when I get a chance to do a playthrough.

Minor changes:

1. Weapon Changes will change the proficiency names to properly reflect what weapons are included in said proficiency.
  2. Store Revisions had some mild re-orders for sense in regards to specific item-types (specifically shields, darts, throwing daggers).
  3. 1pp's/EE's javelins should now be handled by IRR (though they're still not, as of yet, added to any stores...unsure if they really need to be, to be honest, given that their value is probably less than that of even throwing daggers).
  4. Big-Fisted Belt was nerfed to +2 strength/-4 intelligence on account of +3 strength being really powerful in BG1 for very little drawback.
  5. Axe of Mauletar gets a minor knockdown power (note: knockdown, not knockback, because knockback is super annoying on melee weapons).
  6. The second, inexplicable Heart of the Golem is removed from Marek (replaced with Dagger +2).
  7. Rangers can now benefit from the +1 backstab modifier with the Short Sword of Backstabbing (on account of Stalkers actually having the ability to backstab).
  8. Potion of Sight actively dispels invisibility a la Detect Invisibility.
  9. The various sources of charm used by IRR now use the same kind of charm found in SR/R (i.e. it's easier to charm friendly/neutral creatures than hostile ones).
  10. In the latest version of the EEs (2.6), usable items (e.g. quick slot items, item abilities) were not breaking invisibility when you used them (including overtly hostile items such as the Wand of Fireball).
  11. Delryn Family Shield's Protection from Normal/Missiles is now handled by SRR, not IRR (thus, if you do not use SR, the spell remains Protection from Normal Weapons)
  12. Horn of Kazgaroth's Globe of Power is "modernized" to more closely emulate an actual Minor Globe of Invulnerability in terms of the spell protection itself (complete with secondary type and all). If the globe is taken down, the modest AC and saving throws bonuses will remain.
  13. Protection scrolls (e.g. Protection from Ailments) require 9 intelligence (and not 10).
  14. Iron Thorn Ring (BGEE item) protects against poison (as zombies are immune to poison - might as well give this thing at least one good property).
  15. Hammer of Dawn (BGEE item) does knockdown instead of knockback (knockback on melee weapons is silly and annoying...as pointed out in the previous Axe of Mauletar note).
  16. Staff of Arundel and Spear of Kuldahar get new/unique icons.
  17. Silver Ioun Stone has a saving throw bonus of +3 vs. spells (and not polymorph) while Golden Ioun Stone gets its save vs. spell bonus wiped in favor of the original caster level bonus.
  18. Angurvadal's strength bonus stays at +2 even once you upgrade it (instead of +3 - doesn't really need it, and there's already enough strength bonuses elsewhere).
  19. Small shields have their strength requirements upped to 6 (from 4, the same as bucklers) if you use the Revised Shields component (and mod-added shields will have their strength/weight updated, including their descriptions, to IR standards IF they are detected to be the same as the vanilla values, and under no other circumstance).
  20. If you are using Revised Armors' stealth penalties, mithral armor now only decreases the penalty to 20% instead of 30% (which would otherwise be the same as elven-kind).
  21. Helm of Opposite Alignment is restored and can be found on the Demon Knight in BG1, but can no longer be stolen (but should actually dropped upon his death, contrary to the original BG1 where you had to pickpocket a very specific instance of him to get it).
  22. Cloak of Displacement's effect is no longer simply copying SR's "Blur" as I originally made it a long while back, but instead is a separate +2 bonus to AC (+4 vs missiles) with +3 bonuses to saves vs. breath and wand.
  23. Shazzelim's original Vocalization effect is restored (not simply protection against silence) on account of the item's lore specifically mentioning vocalization...and also silence is an annoying effect that not all casters have a way of effectively dealing with.
  24. Krotan's Skullcrusher should be restored to Durlag's Tower (as opposed to simply being a Mace +2), though it doesn't (yet) have any special properties.

Bug-fixes:

1. A number of minor text, icon, and stores fixes, the never-ending stories! One specific store error worth mentioning is that some stores in the EEs had some obvious inconsistencies (e.g. Ribald having an extra helm, large shield, and plate mail that were not originally there in ToB games that would appear as the first items at the store when they shouldn't). If you see any more of these, please let me know!
  2. Efreeti Bottle wasn't always properly summoning its efreeti due to a recent compatibility "fix" between IRR and SRR, so the "fix" has now been fixed.
  3. Some BG1:EE-only-specific fixes (i.e. not applicable to EET games, just BG1:EE) that were making it so some items (such as The Whistling Sword or the Ring of Wizardry) were not properly appearing or working as they should have.
  4. Dwarven Shield had one greater AC than it should have.
  5. Short Bows could potentially have a non-existent ground icon set, which should now be impossible to occur.
  6. Karajah's armor had 5 weight instead of the actual intended 15.
  7. Grandmaster's armor gave two higher AC than was intended (should set to 3...then add two more from the Improved Haste, but then was also giving two more on top of that!).
  8. Mithral armors previously were combining their flat AC with their bonus AC into the same effect, which had the potential to cause issues - they are now separate effects.
  9. Helm of the Rock could have the wrong (non-existent) description graphic set in the event of a non-1pp/EE game.
  10. The store for the Order of the Radiant Heart could not be used consistently for non-paladins - now the conditions should pretty strictly be 19-20 reputation + good/neutral-aligned party leader.
  11. Shakti Warrior was unusable by Kensai instead of Wizard Slayer.
  12. Vampiric healing from weapons such as Foebane won't heal you when used on creatures immune to such effects.
  13. Oil of Fiery Burning should affect trolls if you are using SCS's rebalanced troll regeneration component.
  14. Battle axes and katanas were inexplicably not included in the dual wielding component as being "heavy" weapons (contrary to the readme), which means they were "medium" weapons and suffered no penalty.
Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus

10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Please, nobody find any major bugs with this,

I don't like to be the one, but it has to be done... There is a typo at line 773 in components\main\item_reallocation.tpa that prevents installation on bgt (and maybe some other versions with deathk or deathk1...):

ACTION_FOR_EACH resource IN
~deathk~
~deathk1~
BEGIN
ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%resource%.cre~) BEGIN

COPY_EXISTING ~%resource%.are~ ~override\%resource%.cre~ LPF FJ_CRE_VALIDITY RET valid=valid END PATCH_IF valid BEGIN

should be %resource%.cre

By the way, thanks for this update !

Edited by TotoR
7 hours ago, TotoR said:

@Bartimaeus

I don't like to be the one, but it has to be done... There is a typo at line 773 in components\main\item_reallocation.tpa that prevents installation on bgt (and maybe some other versions with deathk or deathk1...):

ACTION_FOR_EACH resource IN
~deathk~
~deathk1~
BEGIN
ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%resource%.cre~) BEGIN

COPY_EXISTING ~%resource%.are~ ~override\%resource%.cre~ LPF FJ_CRE_VALIDITY RET valid=valid END PATCH_IF valid BEGIN

should be %resource%.cre

By the way, thanks for this update !

Oops, that just prevents the Demon Knight from getting the Helm of the Opposite Alignment. Fixed in the latest repository, thanks.

Thanks, everyone. Now hopefully I will find sometime to play BG sometime soon so I can finish the masterwork component and work out any other remaining issues, :). Eventually, I will work up the fortitude to tackle SoD and BG2EE items...

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 11/2/2021 at 8:43 AM, Bartimaeus said:

V1.3.700 released.

Great work!

On 11/2/2021 at 8:43 AM, Bartimaeus said:

Please, nobody find any major bugs with this, because I don't want to work on this in a big way for at least a few weeks.

I'm done with my playthroughs for a while, so enjoy your time 😉