IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

Minor issue reported and corrected by Lolfixer:

AROW02.ITM issue: Ability #0 has a non-existent icon (mwwarow0.BAM)! Assigning Inventory Icon (mwarow01.BAM)...

masterwork.tpa, line 295:

WRITE_ASCII 0x76 ~mwwarow01~

should be:

WRITE_ASCII 0x76 ~mwarow01~

4 hours ago, MikeX said:

Minor issue reported and corrected by Lolfixer:

AROW02.ITM issue: Ability #0 has a non-existent icon (mwwarow0.BAM)! Assigning Inventory Icon (mwarow01.BAM)...

masterwork.tpa, line 295:

WRITE_ASCII 0x76 ~mwwarow01~

should be:

WRITE_ASCII 0x76 ~mwarow01~

Thanks, fixed. However, I don't currently recommend IR/R's masterwork option - I was putting work into it to try and get it more on par with SCS's version of the component (in terms of propagating both masterwork and +1 weapons throughout BG1 and BG2), but it remains unfinished as of yet. It's unfortunately currently pretty limited in having +1 items exist alongside the masterwork weapons, so I would strongly recommend using the SCS version for the time being...although I think the SCS version currently won't currently be installable if it detects IR, but that's because SCS believes masterwork weapons already exist if the base IR component is installed, which is not necessarily true if you don't use that option. But if you were able to find the error in masterwork.tpa for me, you can probably figure out how to enable the SCS component as well.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I prefer IR/R's version for consistency (description, price, lore...) and really appriciate all the effort and continuous support especially you put in.

I 'borrowed' the idea and code from startegems to make my own little mod to redistribute some +1 weapons back ino the game...

6 hours ago, MikeX said:

I prefer IR/R's version for consistency (description, price, lore...) and really appriciate all the effort and continuous support especially you put in.

I 'borrowed' the idea and code from startegems to make my own little mod to redistribute some +1 weapons back ino the game...

Good call on stealing that part from SCS at least; I'll get around to finishing that part of it sometime, I swear.

I'm installing this on a Linux machine, getting an error during the install. Attached is the error, as well as the associated logs. There are no output indicators prior to the error as to why this is happening.

ERROR: Sys_error("item_rev/lib/strrefs.tpa: No such file or directory")

I looked in the associated folder and found no matching file. No kidding?

I've tried installing the version from here by itself: https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/items/item_rev/

As well as the revision here, using the specified instructions (extract over the top of the original mod, then install using the weidu installer): https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/28894-ir-revised-v13800-2022-january-11th/

This is a fresh install using the prescribed installation method:
1. Extract the archive to the BG2 ciopfs folder.
2. Run tolower
3. Install using the weidu installer.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by celebjorn
Added details
14 hours ago, celebjorn said:

I'm installing this on a Linux machine, getting an error during the install. Attached is the error, as well as the associated logs. There are no output indicators prior to the error as to why this is happening.

ERROR: Sys_error("item_rev/lib/strrefs.tpa: No such file or directory")

I looked in the associated folder and found no matching file. No kidding?

I've tried installing the version from here by itself: https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/items/item_rev/

As well as the revision here, using the specified instructions (extract over the top of the original mod, then install using the weidu installer): https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/28894-ir-revised-v13800-2022-january-11th/

This is a fresh install using the prescribed installation method:
1. Extract the archive to the BG2 ciopfs folder.
2. Run tolower
3. Install using the weidu installer.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I presume that other mods install just fine? ...I've never played/installed mods on Linux, so I have limited expertise in trying to help you here.

(e): If you remove your current item_revisions folder and try it with this instead, does it work? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/outcwsuuaf5sgvu/ir_revised_standalone.zip

Edited by Bartimaeus
2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I presume that other mods install just fine? ...I've never played/installed mods on Linux, so I have limited expertise in trying to help you here.

(e): If you remove your current item_revisions folder and try it with this instead, does it work? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/outcwsuuaf5sgvu/ir_revised_standalone.zip

Yes, other mods have installed without issue (and work after booting up the game.) 

I should also mention that I tried installing with the .exe file that is packaged with the mod with wine, and got the same result (the error I mentioned in my earlier post, though this time a different file name with both approaches.)
I added the dubug.log output generated from the .exe approach.

ERROR: Sys_error("item_rev/lib/tooltip_macro.tpa: No such file or directory")

Appreciate your help, @Bartimaeus

SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG

Edited by celebjorn
Added details, added debug log
1 hour ago, celebjorn said:

Yes, other mods have installed without issue (and work after booting up the game.) 

I should also mention that I tried installing with the .exe file that is packaged with the mod with wine, and got the same result (the error I mentioned in my earlier post, though this time a different file name with both approaches.)

ERROR: Sys_error("item_rev/lib/tooltip_macro.tpa: No such file or directory")

Appreciate your help, @Bartimaeus

Can you manually confirm that "tooltip_macro.tpa" is in the specified folder ("item_rev/lib/") that you extracted from the .zip file? If it is not, I would be confused, because it is precisely there in the .zip that I just redownloaded to check, so why didn't it extract (or why did it get moved during installation)?

Edited by Bartimaeus
15 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Can you manually confirm that "tooltip_macro.tpa" is in the specified folder ("item_rev/lib/") that you extracted from the .zip file? If it is not, I would be confused, because it is precisely there in the .zip that I just redownloaded to check.

After extracting the contents of what you posted and confirming that the missing file is there, I did some cleaning up of extraneous files (other mods, for linux, at least, only required the source code folder) and deleted the following from the extraction process: setup-item_rev, setup-item_rev.command, and setup-item_rev.exe and with the weidu install, it worked.

Thanks for your assistance!

Edited by celebjorn

Bartimaeus,

Recently noticed that all wyverns are immune to normal weapons.

Further examination shows that wyverns are equipped with RING97.ITM, which provides the immunity:

image.thumb.png.65254a2a900f2ed038bc2724217c3bfa.png

And RING97 is changed by IRR:

Mods affecting RING97.ITM:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Item Revisions by DemivrgvsV4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.3.843)
00001:  ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 1140 // Gems and Potions Require IdentificationGems and potionsv15
00002:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)34.3

Was it intended to grant wyverns with this immunity?

20 hours ago, Chitown Willie said:

Bartimaeus,

Recently noticed that all wyverns are immune to normal weapons.

Further examination shows that wyverns are equipped with RING97.ITM, which provides the immunity:

image.thumb.png.65254a2a900f2ed038bc2724217c3bfa.png

And RING97 is changed by IRR:

Mods affecting RING97.ITM:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Item Revisions by DemivrgvsV4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.3.843)
00001:  ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 1140 // Gems and Potions Require IdentificationGems and potionsv15
00002:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)34.3

Was it intended to grant wyverns with this immunity?

It's not intended, but also, RING97 doesn't give protection from normal weapons. Clearly it does in your game, but in mine with both IRR and SCS, it does not. It seems pretty unlikely the CDTweaks component would give it, so I'm a little stumped. If you could look at RING97.itm in the backup folder for CDTweaks component 1140 and see if it's still the case that it has the protection from normal weapons property, that would be helpful.

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

It's not intended, but also, RING97 doesn't give protection from normal weapons. Clearly it does in your game, but in mine with both IRR and SCS, it does not. It seems pretty unlikely the CDTweaks component would give it, so I'm a little stumped. If you could look at RING97.itm in the backup folder for CDTweaks component 1140 and see if it's still the case that it has the protection from normal weapons property, that would be helpful.

Opened up "C:\GOG Games\BGEE\weidu_external\cdtweaks\backup\1140\RING97.ITM", and the "Immunity to weapons" Effect is not there.

Perhaps it's something unique to v.843 of IRR?

11 hours ago, Chitown Willie said:

Opened up "C:\GOG Games\BGEE\weidu_external\cdtweaks\backup\1140\RING97.ITM", and the "Immunity to weapons" Effect is not there.

Perhaps it's something unique to v.843 of IRR?

This proves that IRR did not add it. The backed up RING97.itm in weidu_external\cdtweaks\backup\1140 is the file that weidu will restore if that component is uninstalled. Since this is the version of the file immediately after IRR changed it but before anything else has, that means that since the property is not there, IRR did not add it. It would have to be there if IRR was at fault, since all of IRR's changes to it have occurred by this point, but neither of CD Tweaks' or SCS's have. This is the precise purpose of using changelog and following when/how a file was changed by specific components by being able to look at the backups. So now the next question is if the backed up version of the file in the Stratagems component 5900 backup folder has it; if it does, that means the CD Tweaks component added the property. If it doesn't, that instead 99% suggests that the version of SCS you're using did it. While I am pleased to see that IRR didn't do it, I'm still going to be quite mystified if it turns out that the CD Tweaks component did, since that would seem to be quite out of scope for that component; if SCS did, that...would make more sense, except for the fact that I've literally installed SCS 34.3 after IRR in my current install, and it did not happen. Strange either way, really.

Edited by Bartimaeus
30 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

This proves that IRR did not add it. The backed up RING97.itm in weidu_external\cdtweaks\backup\1140 is the file that weidu will restore if that component is uninstalled. Since this is the version of the file immediately after IRR changed it but before anything else has, that means that since the property is not there, IRR did not add it. It would have to be there if IRR was at fault, since all of IRR's changes to it have occurred by this point, but neither of CD Tweaks' or SCS's have. This is the precise purpose of using changelog and following when/how a file was changed by specific components by being able to look at the backups. So now the next question is if the backed up version of the file in the Stratagems component 5900 backup folder has it; if it does, that means the CD Tweaks component added the property. If it doesn't, that instead 99% suggests that the version of SCS you're using did it. While I am pleased to see that IRR didn't do it, I'm still going to be quite mystified if it turns out that the CD Tweaks component did, since that would seem to be quite out of scope for that component; if SCS did, that...would make more sense, except for the fact that I've literally installed SCS 34.3 after IRR in my current install, and it did not happen. Strange either way, really.

Opened up "C:\GOG Games\BGEE\weidu_external\backup\stratagems\5900\RING97.ITM", and the "Immunity to weapons" Effect is not there.

By the way, thanks so much for the troubleshooting advice.