SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

2 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

My guess would be that it is in the SR EE extension code. SR’s Icelance does pure cold damage, do it would make sense for kreso to have included it in his add-on code. 

Well, I have to confess, I was a little stupefied by you saying that SR's Icelance is pure cold damage, as I had zero recollection of ever splitting the damage into cold/piercing purely on my own initiative. It's not the worst decision, if one looks at an Icelance as being more literal a la what SR does with Acid Arrow and Flame Arrow (acid/fire damage...AND missile damage, because they're arrows!), but still seems a bit odd to me with the vast majority of other elemental spells being...well, pure elemental damage. And with that in mind, I didn't even think to check the EE .tphs...because yep, it's right there. Good call: now commented out for both arcane and divine Icelance. Yay for finally tracking that down!

What's even more curious to me is that I already tested it out on a BG2EE game, as explicitly mentioned at the end of this post. I don't know what I did or saw wrong that it failed to crop up in that test. This is why I should always take videos of any tests I do... It wouldn't help, of course, but at least I could go watch my video and be like "look, we can literally see that Icelance did piercing damage to my 100% cold resistance character, right there!".

2 hours ago, DavidW said:

SCS's spellbook/casting priority won't really be affected by this - probably liches and vampires and rakshasas overuse PfMW compared to Mantle on SR, but I doubt it's especially noticeable. All that matters is that PfMW does at least what it does in vanilla.

SCS's targeting should also be fine, I think - I don't think I particularly try to exploit the nonmagical-weapon hole in PfMW. (Rogue Rebalancing does, though.)

Thanks. Has SCS historically had normal mages (i.e. those who don't already have protection from normal weapons) use Mantle instead of PfMW even when SR is installed? Mantle for the longest time in official SR didn't give any direct protection against attacks, but that was somewhat recently changed.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Thanks. Has SCS historically had normal mages (i.e. those who don't already have protection from normal weapons) use Mantle instead of PfMW even when SR is installed? Mantle for the longest time in official SR didn't give any direct protection against attacks, but that was somewhat recently changed.

I honestly can’t remember. At the moment I use them the same whether SR is installed but I don’t recall if that was a change. My official line with Demivrgvs was always that SCS was going to assume defensive spells worked the way they do in vanilla and wouldn’t make special allowances, but in practice I did make a bit of allowance when it wasn’t too hard to do so.

On 9/27/2023 at 8:49 PM, Bartimaeus said:

Mantle for the longest time in official SR didn't give any direct protection against attacks, but that was somewhat recently changed.

It says: Opponents that hit the caster with a weapon or spell from within this radius are subject to a random prismatic effect.

So it doesn't seem to give any direct protection. When was this supposedly changed? I didn't see it in the official github page.

Edited by FixTesteR
5 hours ago, FixTesteR said:

It says: Opponents that hit the caster with a weapon or spell from within this radius are subject to a random prismatic effect.

So it doesn't seem to give any direct protection. When was this supposedly changed? I didn't see it in the official github page.

https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SpellRevisions/blob/master/spell_rev/languages/english/arcane.tra: "When this spell is cast, an opaque globe of shimmering, multicolored light temporarily surrounds the caster. This magical mantle confers complete invulnerability to all weapons of +3 or less enchantment."

Specific commit. Looks like grodrigues just yoinked SRR's description and maybe made a couple of edits (that or I've made edits to Prismatic Mantle's description since then), which is fine.

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 hour ago, FixTesteR said:

It's safe to say that documentation is always outdated, :p. If you ain't looking through the arcane/divine .tra files (which is what will actually appear in your game when you install the mod), then you're looking in the wrong place. Honestly, speaking at least for myself here, if a maintainer barely has time to fix outstanding bugs, they are certainly not going to have time to consistently keep on top of all the different layers of documentation.

(e): Also, technically, the last few versions of SR on github are "release candidates", so maybe they shouldn't even be documented until they're final. Thing is, the latest official versions of SR have been betas or release candidates since forever at this point, so how compelling of an argument that actually is in practice...I'm not sure. I think the most important consideration is what version people are actually playing with, which...I assume is b18 and not any of the b19 releases, because the official G3 download link still goes to b18.

Edited by Bartimaeus
8 hours ago, WanderingScholar said:

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "spell_rev\\projectles\\lightb.pro")

@Bartimaeus I think you may have forgotten to add "lightb.pro" to "spell_rev\projectiles" 

No, this kind of "false adding" a projectile that I know the game already has is my incredibly lazy way of getting weidu to go fetch its ID in projectl.ids for me (as when weidu tries to add a projectile, it first goes and checks to see if it's already in there or not...and if it is, then it skips adding it but helpfully remembers its ID for you so that it can be used for the rest of the installation for anywhere it might be referenced). What game type are you installing SRR to that it doesn't already have lightb.pro? I guess I figured every game type SRR could be installed to would already have lightb.pro, but I must've overlooked something.

I pray that nobody has ever learned anything about weidu from following my example: all my work is duct tape and bubblegum, hodgepodge and quackery learned from two seconds of looking at how someone else did something similar-ish once upon a time and spending nary a thought on it further once it works.

Edited by Bartimaeus
2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

No, this kind of "false adding" a projectile that I know the game already has is my incredibly lazy way of getting weidu to go fetch its ID in projectl.ids for me (as when weidu tries to add a projectile, it first goes and checks to see if it's already in there or not...and if it is, then it skips adding it but helpfully remembers its ID for you so that it can be used for the rest of the installation for anywhere it might be referenced). What game type are you installing SRR to that it doesn't already have lightb.pro? I guess I figured every game type SRR could be installed to would already have lightb.pro, but I must've overlooked something.

I did some investigating. It seems oBG2 uses LIGHTBLT.PRO

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I pray that nobody has ever learned anything about weidu from following my example: all my work is duct tape and bubblegum, hodgepodge and quackery learned from two seconds of looking at how someone else did something similar-ish once upon a time and spending nary a thought on it further once it works.

😆

Oh, I guarantee mine is worse. It's about as functional as a diseased gibberling. 

On 12/31/2023 at 9:04 AM, pochesun said:

i was curious if its possible to restore Lighting Bolt spell multiple bouncing effect? Its one of those few things i really miss in SR. Maybe make it optional for ini. edit?

You're in luck, because earlier this December:

I'm also going to throw it into my little junky tweak pack at some point, since I coded it in a mildly clever and install-agnostic manner, so no reason not to have it available for someone who's playing on normal SR as well.

On 12/31/2023 at 10:31 AM, WanderingScholar said:

I did some investigating. It seems oBG2 uses LIGHTBLT.PRO

😆

Oh, I guarantee mine is worse. It's about as functional as a diseased gibberling. 

...I didn't bother to check my own preferred install type? Dearie me. The EEs also have LIGHTBLT, but it looks the (previously hard-coded?) reference to it was replaced with LIGHTB. Anyways, it's now been fixed in the latest repository version, thank you!