SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

14 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

...I didn't bother to check my own preferred install type? Dearie me. The EEs also have LIGHTBLT, but it looks the (previously hard-coded?) reference to it was replaced with LIGHTB. Anyways, it's now been fixed in the latest repository version, thank you!

Lucky I decided to test the new code on a dummy install. If WeiDU rolls back spell revisions on a big install from an error it can bork the whole thing.

I still get an error. 

Screenshot_20240102_123500.thumb.png.23b4270b7dd3ac145d2800526b42c235.png

Just to be clear lightblt.pro does not exist in PROJECTL.IDS on oBG2. Your ADD_PROJECTILE trick will not work.

This is lightning bolt spwi308 projectile on oBG2

Screenshot_20240102_124548.thumb.png.715f58f7b6bc770184605bfa19506ace.png

So lightblt.pro is definitely the lightning bolt projectile, but I'm guessing this means it's hard coded? I might have given you bad info earlier, that's my mistake.

So I guess what you'll need to do is patch lightning bolts projectile back to this hard coded value?

Edited by WanderingScholar

Remove ADD_PROJECTILE and use ALTER_SPELL_HEADER. It works perfectly. Sorry for any confusion

Spoiler
ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc bg2 tob bgt~ AND NOT GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee eet iwdee~) BEGIN
    ACTION_FOR_EACH resource IN
      ~spcl722~ // Priest of Talos Lightning Bolt
      ~spdr301~ // Avenger Lightning Bolt
      ~spwi308~ // Lightning Bolt
      ~wand07~  // Wand of Lightning
      ~dvlight~
      ~dvlightb~
    BEGIN
      ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%resource%.spl~) BEGIN
        COPY_EXISTING ~%resource%.spl~ ~override\%resource%.spl~
        PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) BEGIN
          READ_SHORT 0x68 "number_of_headers"
          SET "loop" = 0
          WHILE (%loop% < %number_of_headers%) BEGIN
            LPF ALTER_SPELL_HEADER INT_VAR projectile=40 END
            SET "loop" = %loop% + 1
          END
        END
        BUT_ONLY
      END
    END
  END ELSE...

Edited by WanderingScholar
14 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

You're in luck, because earlier this December:

I'm also going to throw it into my little junky tweak pack at some point, since I coded it in a mildly clever and install-agnostic manner, so no reason not to have it available for someone who's playing on normal SR as well.

Oh i missed that update, thats awesome, thx!!!

Also, i, for the first time, hear about "little junky tweak pack" :) What is it about? I mean i read its content but i dont understand if it or some parts of it are important to install: like elemental or fiend tweaks or shapeshifting change. I always been using SCS shapeshifting component and i really like the SCS version. Does your tweak changes it mildly or significantly. Same  - for elelmentals tweaks etc. I am not a huge fan when it come to "drastic change" or "overhaul" the basic game structure (thats why i never install any components meddling in classes changes, progressions and all that stuff, with very very few exceptions). So basically my question is: do you strongly recommend it? and if yes , which components are most important? Also when should i instlal it: after SRR and right before SCS?

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, WanderingScholar said:

Remove ADD_PROJECTILE and use ALTER_SPELL_HEADER. It works perfectly. Sorry for any confusion

Hide contents
ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc bg2 tob bgt~ AND NOT GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee eet iwdee~) BEGIN
      ~wand07~  // Wand of Lightning
      ~dvlight~
      ~dvlightb~
    BEGIN
          READ_SHORT 0x68 "number_of_headers"
          SET "loop" = 0
          WHILE (%loop% < %number_of_headers%) BEGIN
            SET "loop" = %loop% + 1
          END
        END
        BUT_ONLY
      END
    END
  END ELSE...

I was not aware of the ALTER_SPELL_HEADER patching function, thanks! Feels a bit cruel that I actually make this neat little patching function that hex-reads the number of headers for any given spell so that it can automatically patch any arbitrary number of headers, and then it turns out there's a quick and easy patching function that accomplishes the same thing without any of the rigmarole. It can be cleaned up to just this...

ACTION_IF original_lightning_bolt=1 BEGIN
    ~wand07~  // Wand of Lightning
    ~dvlight~
    ~dvlightb~
  BEGIN
      END
      BUT_ONLY
    END
  END
END

...and it still sets all headers of each spell to projectile 40. Well, it is what it is. Tested and applied to the latest repository version.

As for the tweak pack:

1. Iif you're an SRR or IRR user and you like its text format for creature summoning and/or shapeshifting, I'd recommend the SCS shapeshifting tokens component, I'm fairly certain that whatever I did was pretty minor and it's pretty close to being just a textual consistency thing. It's been forever since I played with a druid in my party in the first place, so I just can't imagine that I would've made any significant changes.

If you're using SR or IR, then the text format won't be quite the same as those, but it'll at least be a lot closer and certainly familiar enough.

2. atweaks completely overwrites a number of spells with its own, so those components are really just about getting some basic spell properties like duration and casting range in line with how SR/R does them, and then also getting their descriptions (including exact creature stats) written to the SR/R style.

I should really group those components: components 1-2 are basically just cheats, components 7-11 are solving some compatibility inconsistencies between mods, components 12-16 are some rule changes in the vein of CD Tweaks, and components 3-6 are...uh, miscellanea. Basically, I'd say anything you want installed is going to be right at the end of your install order, unless it's one of the rule changes, which should be installed right after CD Tweaks and before SCS.

4 hours ago, FixTesteR said:

I'd also like to know more about the junky tweak pack. I am a SR user and if it could help me there, it would be great. I use EE Mod Setup Tool, should I use something else if installing your pack?

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with any of the automated installers at this point, so I'm really not certain what the process for adding arbitrary mods to your install would be there.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, FixTesteR said:

@subtledoctor Do you think Restored Lightning Bolt Bounce option could ever be implemented in SR? Has anyone ever thought about it?

I mean, I did just say a post or two ago that I'd be including it in my tweak pack. If you really need/want it ASAP, just let me know. Or is this because it's difficult to include random mods like my tweaks in an automated installer?

Edited by Bartimaeus
4 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I mean, I did just say a post or two ago that I'd be including it in my tweak pack. If you really need/want it ASAP, just let me know. Or is this because it's difficult to include random mods like my tweaks in an automated installer?

Hi Bart! Yeah, it's the latter. I am very newbish when it comes to installation. What I can tell you is that the auto-installer's last move is to "finish" or "close" the installation in the end. So I am fearful to install on top of a closed automated installation. Unless you'd say it's safe.

I don't need it asap, I can wait a while, so I'll just keep a track of this thread as I have for the past few years. Always fun to read what improvements you are up to, even though I want to mainly stay with SR.

Unless I could just install it on top of my already done multi mod installation.

Edited by FixTesteR
7 hours ago, FixTesteR said:

What I can tell you is that the auto-installer's last move is to "finish" or "close" the installation in the end. So I am fearful to install on top of a closed automated installation

No, it should be fine to install a tweak like this at the end after everything else is finished. 

I think maybe, possibly SCS could make duplicates of Lightning for use with the sequencers (and contingencies?) that it makes for AI? Not a hundred percent sure, but it would mean that if Lightning Bolts are fired off that way, they'd be the old...or, uh, rather the new/non-bouncy animation. Even if that's the case, you'd still get most of the functionality if you install the tweak at the end of your install.

13 hours ago, FixTesteR said:

Is Non-Upgradeable Carsomyr the same as the fully upgraded version of the same item?

I don't know, what's Carsomyr's upgraded stats in your game before installing it? The component does exactly what it says it does:

Replaces the non-upgraded version of Carsomyr with the upgraded version, but sets its magic resistance bonus to +10%, its price to 20,000, its lore to 100, and then disables Cespenar's upgrade path for it. Meant for use with IR/R, and reserves the Eye of Tyr for Purifier without unnecessarily gimping Carsomyr.

If your upgraded Carsomyr already gave only 10% magic resistance, then yes. If it doesn't, then no. I'm pretty sure Carsomyr +4 in IR starts out with 20%, which is double what it starts out with in IRR (i.e. 10%), and then I think it moves to either 25% or 30% for the upgraded version (whereas IRR's Carsomyr +5 moves to 20%). I'm not a fan of the ludicrous glut of MR for Carsomyr given how strong it is outside of that as it is (ignoring that it's 50% in vanilla...), so that's the compromise for making it +5 throughout SoA. It would be easy to make a version that's 20% instead if somebody wanted that.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, FixTesteR said:

Thank you. I'm sure you mean Carsomyr +6 when upgraded, not +5. Unless IR changed that, too.

IR (not IRR) does change Carsomyr to be +4 and the upgraded version to be +5. No +6 items exist in IR, AFAIK. That was kind of the impetus for making the component in the first place - for SoA to have another +5 weapon, as I believe Staff of the Magi is IR's only other +5 SoA weapon. IRR does add one more, but it's a very late one in the form of Blackrazor - somewhat because of IR nerfing the vanilla insanity of this weapon, somewhat because of the fact that the player is "supposed" to throw it away if they're a good/neutral character, and somewhat for lore reasons. Blackrazor was originally a legendary First Edition weapon that the player was never really supposed to be able to obtain, and to see it be demoted to complete irrelevancy and a very easy choice to just throw away when it's only +3 is a rather sad fate. Also, several people had asked for it to be +5, and I was eventually swayed once I really started to think about it.

I'll work on making that Carsomyr component have two subcomponents, one for 10% (my own preference) and one for 20% (which works both as IR's original value for the unupgraded version as well as IRR's value for the upgraded version, so I'm O.K. with it).

Edited by Bartimaeus