The new Fixpack thread for Compatibility, Bug Reporting, Changing/Removing Fixes

24 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Can you add a way to skip the cutscenes with esc?

Unfortunately the in-game cutscenes are scripted events that can't be skipped, as they involve in-game characters. The .mve files can be skipped already via the esc button, after you have seen them once, or you have edited the file that holds their names(baldur.ini in the old edition, and Baldur.lua in EEs).

I've done some more digging on the dragon breath thing.

Dragon	CRE Class	Breath School	Breath Secondary
Black	F/M/C	        Generalist	None
Blue	F/M/C	        Invoker	        None
Brown	Red Dragon	Generalist	None
Green	F/M/C	        Generalist	None
Purple	Shadow Dragon	?	        ?
Red	Red Dragon	Generalist	Magic Attack
Silver	Silver Dragon	Generalist	None
Shadow	Shadow Dragon	Generalist	None
Yellow	Red Dragon	Generalist	Magic Attack

There's quite a bit of inconsistency.

Should the red and yellow dragons' breath be a magic attack (which I assume means it can be blocked by magic resistance Spell Shield and the like)? I don't think it makes a great deal of sense.

All breaths have the generalist school except the blue dragon's, and even then I contend that all should have no school. As it stands, generalist mages and sorcerers enjoy a +2 bonus on saving throws against all dragon breaths, except the blue one (where only invokers get the +2 bonus.)

Last but not least, is there any reason why the black, blue, and green dragons should be Fighter / Mage / Clerics?

EDIT: Silver Dragon's paralyzation also has school: generalist, which should be changed to none.

Edited by Andrea C.
6 hours ago, Andrea C. said:

Last but not least, is there any reason why the black, blue, and green dragons should be Fighter / Mage / Clerics?

Yes, spell caster level modifiers, and because it's an actual class in game, hit point modifier from a CON bonus.

This probably walks the fine line between a Fixpack item and a Tweaks Anthology item, but here goes: the Potion of Magic Blocking does not add a portrait icon, nor does it play any sounds when its effects expire. This way it's impossible for the player to tell when the imbiber is no longer under the potion's protection. It would great if it could get either or both.

On 5/29/2021 at 7:05 PM, Andrea C. said:

I've done some more digging on the dragon breath thing.

There's quite a bit of inconsistency.

More on this from kjeron on the Beamdog forums:

Blue Dragon Lightning Breath is an empowered clone of the Chain Lightning spell, in everything but name.

Everything about it is wrong: primary type, secondary type, casting sound/animation, affected by Magic Resist, blocked as a level 6 spell

On 6/21/2021 at 2:44 PM, Andrea C. said:

This probably walks the fine line between a Fixpack item and a Tweaks Anthology item, but here goes: the Potion of Magic Blocking does not add a portrait icon, nor does it play any sounds when its effects expire. This way it's impossible for the player to tell when the imbiber is no longer under the potion's protection. It would great if it could get either or both.

I’m my BGT game the potion actually doesn’t seem to do anything at all. Anybody else having a similar problem?