The new Fixpack thread for Compatibility, Bug Reporting, Changing/Removing Fixes

Question:

In "Optional But Cool Components" description (both on webpage and in readme) in "Additional Script Fixes" paragraph it says: "A more detailed account of the changes can be found in the full Optional But Cool documentation."  But the hyperlink leads to "Game Mechanics Fixes" (core component) description page. Am I missing something? Where can I read about script fixes from OBC?

No idea how reliable this is, but Edwin's Wiki page states, "Conflicts (the script for a fight is present in the game's code, but the related dialogue lacks the trigger, which means Edwin and Valygar won't actually fight)"

Perhaps it might be worth fixing (unless it is already.)

It looks like this is the banter:

• Valygar (bvalyga state 41): You remind me more and more as each day passes of what makes magic vile and evil, wizard. 
  • Edwin: You would do well to be reminded of what makes magic powerful, fool.  I've power enough to hold your life in my hands if I choose.
  • Valygar: Your words do not frighten me, Edwin.  I could slice you to ribbons before the first incantation of your threat was carried out.
  • Edwin: Indeed?  Your lack of fear for the arcane arts must explain, then, why you cowered before Lavok and the Cowled Wizards.  Your actions belie your bravado.
  • Valygar: I cower before nothing!  I merely showed caution before approaching Lavok...someone possessing far more power than you!
  • Edwin: You call that caution?  Quivering in a forest?  Lavok could have dealt with you in a second, if he chose.  And it would only take me a second longer.
  • Valygar: We shall see!

It just ends there (bvalyga state 44). There is, as you say, full scripting for a fight triggered by EdwinValygarFight = 1. which could be set here. Ironically, Tweaks' Happy Patch disables this fight, even though it never happened.

I guess the real question is whether this is Fixpack or UB.

27 minutes ago, jastey said:

If it's traces in the dialog.tlk / dlg files that was reconstructed -> UB.

But problem is that the Valygar's dialog response(We shall see! ) just doesn't set the state that it should(thus easy -fix), that then makes them hostile to one another. So Fixpack is my oppinion. And the Happy patch should stay as is. Unless it needs an update, but it shouldn't.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola