EET Mod Install Order Guide (WIP)

3 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

You can't use Wayback to rebuild the git history, unfortunately and that's what I consider the most value here. Also, last I checked, public repos can't be forked off privately.

Yeah, I only included wayback links to confirm which mods.

I'm very much just learning git, so happy to be wrong here but: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10065526/github-how-to-make-a-fork-of-public-repository-private

3 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

planned to roll the NWN2 sets into my NWN pack

Sounds sensible.

My local copies are here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/lo05nwf1eqj3i9ck11d8e/h?rlkey=14mv73km4uwxglvwkg3i7xnuw&dl=0

1 hour ago, JohnBob said:

Should we consider a more community-based backup on github ?

Something like this but in an organisation github with several repositories.

Of course it's just an idea... It might be interesting to open a thread dedicated to this topic.

I would be in favour, though ideally I think the backup should be private/hidden to prevent confusion about the appropriate source for users with backed up mods only made public in the event of the OG being lost or falling out of maintenance.

11 minutes ago, 4udr4n said:

I'm very much just learning git, so happy to be wrong here but: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10065526/github-how-to-make-a-fork-of-public-repository-private

Sure, if you break the public connection, then you can. However that will mean that your fork isn't really a fork in GitHub terms and you lose the network traceability (something which I'd consider relevant for transparency). The repos you create with that workaround will count as standalone "source" repos for all statistics and purposes.

6 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

that will mean that your fork isn't really a fork in GitHub terms and you lose the network traceability (something which I'd consider relevant for transparency)

Ah, gotcha. Perhaps not an issue in cases like AstroBryGuy's account deletion, but relevant for others.

Well, keep in mind that GitHub also promotes a fork automatically to "source" status if the original repo is deleted, although the way it determinates which fork should be promoted is beyond me.

Also, I think a moderator should split off the AstroBryGuy account deletion posts from this topic, because this went into offtopic fast.

Edited by Graion Dilach

Don't know if it could be useful, but I have a downoload (from the source, not release) of ChattyImoen V15 from last Feb.
Usually I do that when there are some fixes in the master not yet released, but can't remember in this specific case. I should name them more carefully in the future.

At a glance, looking at the setup of V15, it doesn't have the doubled folders, put labels on some components and (maybe?) removed the component to change Imoen's portraits to BG/SOD/BG2 versions.

Edited by Frenzgyn
8 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

That version of Neera Banters is the latest and I already forked that off to TGP, yeah. I've already casefolded the folders in it, there's a translation by Austin on Beamdog which should have been included for a while now and I prolly just apply labels/InfinityAutoPackager along and call it a day.

It seems that droidek, who forked the Neera Banters, also fixed a small typo in ay#redwiz.d, line 41:

"AY#NeeraEdwinInParty" was miswritten as "AYNeeraEdwinInParty", so Neera rejoining the party if you kick out Edwin was bugged.

On 10/20/2023 at 6:55 AM, 4udr4n said:
On 10/20/2023 at 3:37 AM, jastey said:

Cowled Menace is quite late after the NPC mods, is that the recommended install order?

Readme says after npc mods. It is a bit vague and I do worry about a large quest mod so late, but have not had time to look into this yet. @Daxtreme any thoughts?

Sorry for the massive delay, for some reason I didn't receive this notification in my email. I was in Europe on a trip, recently came back.

Honestly my mod is very compatibility-friendly. I don't think there's any issue putting it where it is right now. Of course it HAS to be installed after EET. And avoid mods that destructively alter cowled wizards files (most mod don't destructively alter files anyway), and Twisted Rune. Apart from that... very safe. Putting it alongside with post-EET quest mods works just fine.

@4udr4n

Thank you for doing this! Quick question on spell revisions - Its currently listed without any components specified - does that mean its recommended to install all components at that spot? The Readme specifies just the main component and then the other components, or at least the spellbook npc updates, later. Other mods are broken up by component but not this one?

Similarly, ItemRev only has two components specified, are the others not listed as they aren't in this install order, and do other mods do the same thing? Thanks for your time.