EET Mod Install Order Guide (WIP)

Hey all, happy to have you here as this is all compatibility related, but it is getting quite tangential now.

Might be worth starting/moving to a dedicated " BWP-FR & BWS-FR-Fixpack" thread? @CamDawg

In other news, I am some way through the BWP-FR install order and will have a lot of questions once I'm done.

So I tried an installation of some mods based on this order.  Project Infinity threw a wobbly when it came to "Faiths & Powers" (v0.84.5) and "Might & Guile" (v5.6.1), the metadata for each saying it should come before the other...

On 10/20/2023 at 12:36 AM, subtledoctor said:

It’s hard work but important. We are all poorer for not having a Big World Guide anymore. A crowd-sourced replacement is a great help to lots of people. 

I’m very unclear on all the intricacies of NPC and quest mods, but I feel more knowledgeable about kits and tweaks. As regards my own mods, I think you can rely on my latest install.

...I assume the order in your install is correct @subtledoctor?

On 10/19/2023 at 11:10 PM, 4udr4n said:

Should I add a column to list mods that overlap or share components as this is perhaps different to being incompatible. Examples include cliffkey and eet_tweaks or iwdification and cdtweaks.

It may also make sense to split functional incompatibility from conceptual incompatibility (such as romantic encounters not fitting with some npc mods).

Maybe this is overcomplicating and I should just describe the above in the incompatibility column?

I was looking for a place where someone has compared all the tweaks made by the various tweak mods and catalogued those that change the same thing - it would be useful.

As for the list itself, I noted an inconsistency in the order for "Viconia Revamped" (commented).

3 minutes ago, BlackStrapMolasses said:

I was looking for a place where someone has compared all the tweaks made by the various tweak mods and catalogued those that change the same thing - it would be useful.

I started this in a separate doc ages ago, will drop what I have in a new column.

11 minutes ago, BlackStrapMolasses said:

I noted an inconsistency in the order for "Viconia Revamped" (commented).

Ah, this is from merging F&P with it's multiclass component, well spotted.

3 hours ago, BlackStrapMolasses said:

Project Infinity threw a wobbly when it came to "Faiths & Powers" (v0.84.5) and "Might & Guile" (v5.6.1), the metadata for each saying it should come before the other

FnP v0.84 was developed alongside MnG v4, and prescribed a slightly complicated order: FnPv84 —> MnGv4 —> FnP_Multiclass. 

I tried to eliminate the complexity by making FnP a single install, no need to split it. Now the prescribed order (correctly specified in their .ini and readme files) is MnGv5 —> FnPv86.

Tl;dr: you are using an outdated mod. It might work okay in gameplay… maybe? But the recommended install order will be confused.

Regarding split mod suggestion, I find the "main" definition vague. If a mod is supposed to be split, then I'd prefer the more exact "everything excluding X" over it. Regarding, SCS, I would call the "main" slots AI enhancements, because the spelltweaks should be before kits anyway, due to selected kits (Artisan Troubadour, S&S Chorister) able to inherit the healing/restoration spell buffs.

57 minutes ago, jastey said:

I'd recommend tagging the EE Fixpack as "not released yet, install at own risk". It's listed as beta, which it is not yet.

Done.

31 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

Regarding split mod suggestion, I find the "main" definition vague. If a mod is supposed to be split, then I'd prefer the more exact "everything excluding X" over it. Regarding, SCS, I would call the "main" slots AI enhancements, because the spelltweaks should be before kits anyway, due to selected kits (Artisan Troubadour, S&S Chorister) able to inherit the healing/restoration spell buffs.

I agree, consider this a placeholder for listing the specific components.

Just a FYI - it was discovered today that apparently AstroBryGuy deleted his GitHub profile fairly recently, because his repos still exist in Google Cache.

We're still going over how much this affected the scene (atm I'm only aware of Jaheira Recast losing it's git history), but I found a repo with a full history of Neera Banters, so I forked that one into The-Gate-Project. I'll go through it's backlog on the weekend probs.

5 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

...AstroBryGuy deleted his GitHub...

We're still going over how much this affected the scene (atm I'm only aware of Jaheira Recast losing it's git history)

That's sad.

AstrobryGuy mods from my list to check for:

I have (windows zip) copies of the most recent versions of all of these except sod dialogue banters in case that is helpful?

Is it worth creating a private repo with forks of mods and automating synchronisation with upstream, so they can be recovered if upstream is deleted (to the gate project or similar), or would this be a violation of the licence and/or modders right to remove their work from publication?

Edited by 4udr4n
clarification

Jastey's fork is ChattyImoen v1.4, I'm suddenly not aware of 1.5 at all.

NWN2Soundsets... I actually completely don't have that one I think. OTOH, I did planned to roll the NWN2 sets into my NWN pack (even before AstroBryGuy came back for a short time to update trhat to 2.6) because 90% of NWN2 voicesets are recycled NWN1 sets (and I think his mod basically only included the NWNEE-only and the NWN2-only voicesets).

That version of Neera Banters is the latest and I already forked that off to TGP, yeah. I've already casefolded the folders in it, there's a translation by Austin on Beamdog which should have been included for a while now and I prolly just apply labels/InfinityAutoPackager along and call it a day.

Jastey ended up having SoD-Dialog-Banters, we're discussing to transfer that over to TGP as well.

You can't use Wayback to rebuild the git history, unfortunately and that's what I consider the most value here. Also, last I checked, public repos can't be forked off privately.

Edited by Graion Dilach