EET Mod Install Order Guide (WIP)

Current version is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tt4f-rKqkbk8ds694eJ1YcOjraZ2pISkkobqZ5yRcvI/edit?usp=sharing

I suspect that this is now at least a useful starting point. I hope that this is the case as I am keen to get going with another mega-install in the next few weeks.

To Do/Done:

1. Double check links and info for EET Sorted.
  2. Review updated readmes for further compatibility and install order info.
  3. Review https://k4thos.github.io/EET-Compatibility-List/EET-Compatibility-List.html for missing mods (anything released or made EET compatible since late 2020!)
  4. Merge EET Unsorted with EET Sorted.
  5. Test Installation, add errors, report to mod maintainers. (in progress)

I welcome any contribution, suggestions or criticism.

Edited by 4udr4n
update

A hint at this point: in the modname.ini is the install order info for Project Infinity (unless it's component wise, then it is in the tp2 tagged with METADATA). I try to keep the readmes up-to-date, but it's well possible that current relevant install order info is in the .ini.

On 9/6/2023 at 9:10 AM, 4udr4n said:

I strongly recommend that you do not try to install based on this info, it is 3 years out of date and was unfinished then!

I'll have a new version out in a day or so, watch this space.

Hey there, apologies for the late response!

I'm just now finishing my current playthrough, and need to do some planning for my next; I'm following this thread and will be using your guide as a reference/cross reference when I eventually get to my next install.

Install order throws my brain for a loop sometimes and my head and eyes start to spin; a guide like this makes things so much easier. Thanks again!!

Should be good to use now, I've been though most of the .ini and readmes and a not inconsiderable amount of forum content.

I'm testing a few installs right now, just speedrunning to some possible issues in prep for a big run.

I would hugely welcome input from modders regarding their own mods and know but undocumented info about crossmod and conflicts.

46 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Great job

I mean, it's some pretty mediocre data entry for now, but thanks!

I've just realised your old mods are still in there, am I right to think I may need to clean up a little since you split them up? Scales is deprecated, right? Any others?

3 hours ago, Granger77 said:

Many many thanks for putting this together!

My pleasure.

The best possible thanks is adding any extra info or install errors that you can (here or via comments), and reporting any undocumented conflicts or bugs to the mod authors/maintainers.

IWDification is currently in the list as 1 entry, but I suspect it should be split quite a bit, not 100% sure on exactly how though:

• Class updates should go after RR and Garricktt (and song_and_silence?)
  • Spell Packs need to be near the end of quest mods, before totlm and dsotsc. This puts it well before stratagems' IWD spells and the various other compatible spell mods, but also before item mods, none of which list it in their .ini but I wonder if there is a risk of issues. @Bartimaeus are these fine before SR/SRR? Do they interact?
  • Expanded Polymorph seems like it should go with spell packs?
  • Damage Animations I have no idea.
  • I suspect that 2 handed axes might interact with some other item mods - any insight would be welcome.  @morpheus562does forgotten-armaments touch these?
  • Randomized Enemy Equipment seems like perhaps after other item mods like randomiser? @CamDawg any suggestions?

Should I add a column to list mods that overlap or share components as this is perhaps different to being incompatible. Examples include cliffkey and eet_tweaks or iwdification and cdtweaks.

It may also make sense to split functional incompatibility from conceptual incompatibility (such as romantic encounters not fitting with some npc mods).

Maybe this is overcomplicating and I should just describe the above in the incompatibility column?

29 minutes ago, 4udr4n said:

IWDification is currently in the list as 1 entry, but I suspect it should be split quite a bit, not 100% sure on exactly how though:

• Class updates should go after RR and Garricktt (and song_and_silence?)
  • Spell Packs need to be near the end of quest mods, before totlm and dsotsc. This puts it well before stratagems' IWD spells and the various other compatible spell mods, but also before item mods, none of which list it in their .ini but I wonder if there is a risk of issues. @Bartimaeus are these fine before SR/SRR? Do they interact?
  • Expanded Polymorph seems like it should go with spell packs?
  • Damage Animations I have no idea.
  • I suspect that 2 handed axes might interact with some other item mods - any insight would be welcome.  @morpheus562does forgotten-armaments touch these?
  • Randomized Enemy Equipment seems like perhaps after other item mods like randomiser? @CamDawg any suggestions?

Yes, Forgotten Armament's NWN Style Weapons will identify if an axe is 2h and update accordingly. Additionally, if the 2h axe also does any setting of a attribute, Forgotten Armament will set it to increment.

1 hour ago, 4udr4n said:

I don’t know that that is really necessary. I’ve never split it up and I haven’t noticed any problems. 

— The spell packs should indeed be before TotLM-in-BG2EE (and IWD1_EET) but I rather think the solution is to move those quest mods later, rather than moving IWDification earlier. 

— Doesn’t make sense to have IWDification spell packs in a different place than SCS IWD spell packs, as they are functionally identical. 

— Expanded Polymorph doesn’t really matter, it tweaks the spell so the only rule I can think of is to go before any mods that might clone the spell (kit mods and SCS AI). 

— Damage Animations is a tweak à la CDTweaks, but I doubt anything is harmed by installing it early… probably (would need to look at the code to be sure)

— 2-handed Axes is an item-adding mod, which should be before IR’s later components and before late-install tweak mods, but in anywhere the vicinity of the spell packs is probably fine, so no need for separation. 

— I haven’t looked much at the class updates, my guess would be that there is less a matter of install order issues with RR as simple mutual incompatibility (in which case install order doesn’t matter). 

I can maybe take a closer look at thing later tonight. 

8 hours ago, 4udr4n said:

I mean, it's some pretty mediocre data entry for now, but thanks!

It’s hard work but important. We are all poorer for not having a Big World Guide anymore. A crowd-sourced replacement is a great help to lots of people. 

8 hours ago, 4udr4n said:

I've just realised your old mods are still in there, am I right to think I may need to clean up a little since you split them up? Scales is deprecated, right? Any others?

I’m very unclear on all the intricacies of NPC and quest mods, but I feel more knowledgeable about kits and tweaks. As regards my own mods, I think you can rely on my latest install.

Edited by subtledoctor
3 hours ago, 4udr4n said:

Spell Packs need to be near the end of quest mods, before totlm and dsotsc. This puts it well before stratagems' IWD spells and the various other compatible spell mods, but also before item mods, none of which list it in their .ini but I wonder if there is a risk of issues. @Bartimaeus are these fine before SR/SRR? Do they interact?

I have very limited experience with using the IWD spell stuff, but my recollection is that it's supposed to be installed after SR/R in order to prevent unnecessary duplicate spells and wasted slots. The way the SR installer is written, I don't think it'll care if an IWD spell that it wants to add already exists and so it'll make a second version, whereas with IWDification/SCS IWD's spells, if it detects a spell that it wants to add already exists, it should skip said spell.

I'm not sure what's best with regards to determining the order of the affected mods.

Edited by Bartimaeus