Tactics Remix

So as the readme says, some components need to be installed before SCS, and some are after SCS. I'm using Poject Infinity and after I setup the install order, the PI doesn't follow the order, it installs all Tactics component at once instead of part it before/after SCS. Any idea how to fix this?

Edited by dunehunter

I have 58 mods and it become super laggy to create additional containers and my PI now freeze after I click set-installsequence...

It would be nice if we don't have this kinda of install before/after stuff because it's very annoying to install.

PS: Tried a couple of times, create new Container for tactics and move them before SCS, and then set-installsequence freeze PI...

Edited by dunehunter
9 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

You could have the pi install end after SCS then do the rest of the mods manually. Many different options. The current split of before and after scs is not something that can change.

Ok so what I do is:

first install every mod til SCS with PI,

then manually install the rest of tactic components 

finally use PI to install the rest mods.

works perfectly for me, and thanks for the help!

7 hours ago, dunehunter said:

Ok so what I do is:

first install every mod til SCS with PI,

then manually install the rest of tactic components 

finally use PI to install the rest mods.

works perfectly for me, and thanks for the help!

Or by exporting the install sequence, manually modifying it, deselecting all mods, importing the manually adjusted install sequence, and preform installation.

On 7/23/2023 at 8:28 PM, dunehunter said:

A bug I find out when killing the Improved Kangaxx, when I leave the floor, the Kangaxx chase out and is in same spot as my main character so my main is stuck with kangaxx, back to the tomb and kangaxx is again get stuck with my main.

Overlapping creatures trapping you (by teleport/transformation effects or even between-area chases) is a known vanilla bug in BG2. That said it seems to happen more frequently on EE, on the original engine I only ever saw it with creatures that have very large selection circles, like dragons, or in weird cases where a creature was given a specific command like EscapeAreaMove() where the indicated [x,y] coordinates were already filled by another actor.

On 7/23/2023 at 8:28 PM, dunehunter said:

Also Kangaxx is no longer using Imprisonment anymore, is this intended?

Known issue in the past couple of versions of SCS, several posters have offered fixes.

My own mod of demilich AI (in my signature) can be installed safely after SCS, as an alternative to changing your install order and possibly breaking your game, but I've no idea if it's compatible with whichever mod adds a new helmet to him (never heard of that one before).

Edited by polytope
3 minutes ago, polytope said:

Overlapping creatures trapping you (by teleport/transformation effects or even between-are chase) is a known vanilla bug in BG2. That said it seems to happen more frequently on EE, on the original engine I only ever saw it happen with creatures that have very large selection circles, like dragons or in weird cases where a creature was given a specific command like EscapeAreaMove() where the indicated [x,y] coordinates where already filled by another actor.

Known issue in the past couple of versions of SCS, several people have offered fixes.

My own mod of demilich AI (in my signature) can be installed safely after SCS, as an alternative to changing your install order and possibly breaking your game, but I've no idea if it's compatible with whatever mod adds a new helmet to him (never heard of that one at all).

Thanks for the explanation. I found out that it’s the Djinn companion mod that add this helm to kangaxx. I thought it was only a companion mod but it adds more stuff so sorry for the confusion.