What happened to Infinity Animations 6.0?

Heey, so I was looking through descriptions of mods on my list, and I saw in the Solaufein Rescue mod IA are mentioned. I found a readme for 6.0 on SHS saying it's the one compatible with EET, but the GitHub link there is dead and regular Download leads to version 5.1. Another Github says IA is being updated... and it's from 2019.

So I am lost - does this mod not exist anymore for EET? What happened?

EE never included Infinity Animations. Yes, the EEs include an almost complete IE animation array, but IA is way more than that, via actually deploying animations, including third-party ones and so on.

6.0 haven't had a release. It was scheduled for a while ago now, but RL obligations and ToBExAL allowing for a better experience on classic delays it.

Edited by Graion Dilach

People, can you please stop saying that something is dead? "SHS is dead." "Infinity Animations is dead." It's just so demotivating. SHS staff has been trying to reach the respective authors behind the scenes. Is this not enough to realize I'm willing to resume work on the project when necessary? Please leave it up to the staff to decide when. Thanks!

7 hours ago, skellytz said:

People, can you please stop saying that something is dead? "SHS is dead." "Infinity Animations is dead." It's just so demotivating. SHS staff has been trying to reach the respective authors behind the scenes. Is this not enough to realize I'm willing to resume work on the project when necessary? Please leave it up to the staff to decide when. Thanks!

I was just hoping for someone to come along and tell me to shut up and the mod is still alive and all that :), but I thought Gwendolyne is working on this mod or are there several people involved? 

4 hours ago, Guest Kyros said:

I was just hoping for someone to come along and tell me to shut up and the mod is still alive and all that :), but I thought Gwendolyne is working on this mod or are there several people involved? 

In case you didn't notice, skellytz github repository was forked from Gwendolyne's... and it now is "one archive to rule them all", so it's fixed and final... as far as "we" know it. He can of course update it if it needs to be.

17 hours ago, skellytz said:

For the record, I never doubted... I still remember both your first moment when you stated this intention and our discussions wrt animations and ToBEx in the thread. If you feel I can contribute, feel free to get me involved.

I know the support forums for the Infinity Animations mod are at Spellhold Studios, but I am unable to post anything there.  Spellhold Studios were supposed to send a validation email for my account registration. I never received the email even after I had repeatedly requested the forums to resend it. (I checked my SPAM folder; nothing.)

Anyway, I tried to install Infinity Animations with BG1EE.  The installation failed at the start as it tried to load "BGMain.exe".    The executable for the Steam version of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is "Baldur.exe", not BGMain.exe.   The debug document is attached at the end.

Install Component [Infinity Animations]?
Install, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Infinity Animations] [v5.1.1]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: error loading [BGMain.exe]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Infinity Animations], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      0 files for [INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "BGMain.exe")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.DEBUG and look for support at: www.shsforums.net/forum/594-infinity-animations/ 

setup-InfinityAnimations.debug

Edited by ktchong
1 hour ago, ktchong said:

Spellhold Studios were supposed to send a validation email for my account registration. I never received the email even after I had repeatedly requested the forums to resend it. (I checked my SPAM folder; nothing.)

The server owner is aware of the issues. We're sorry for the inconvenience. I'm sure @Sam. will sort out your account validation when he's available.

1 hour ago, ktchong said:

Anyway, I tried to install Infinity Animations with BG1EE.  The installation failed at the start as it tried to load "BGMain.exe".    The executable for the Steam version of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is "Baldur.exe", not BGMain.exe.   The debug document is attached at the end.

Please check out the readme. The legacy version 5 doesn't support BGEE. Version 6 hasn't been released yet as stated clearly on the GitHub page.

6 hours ago, skellytz said:
8 hours ago, ktchong said:

Spellhold Studios were supposed to send a validation email for my account registration. I never received the email even after I had repeatedly requested the forums to resend it. (I checked my SPAM folder; nothing.)

The server owner is aware of the issues. We're sorry for the inconvenience. I'm sure @Sam. will sort out your account validation when he's available.

You should be good to go.