Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

Another subject that I have been wondering:

The Tutu GUI for having BG1 interface in BG2 is great.

But I installed the GUI (last of course) and my BG1 Tutu GUI is of BG2 origin (without the wonderful BG1 stone GUI).

Have I done something wrong or is this GUI only to change BG2? (which it did perfectly for me)

What I am asking here is I really would want the original BG1 GUI back. In my BG1 Tutu game.

EDIT: In my BG1 EasyTutu game of course.

TutuGUI works with both (regular) BG2 and Tutu. It sounds like you've installed it in the wrong place, so to speak - to use a mod with EasyTutu you have to install it to your EasyTutu folder (usually named BaldursGateTutu, IIRC), not your BG2 folder.

Unfinished Business for Tutu is still being evaluated for compatibility with BG1 NPC Project.

There are incompatibilities which will cause some elements of both not to funcion properly, if at all.

Miloch's referenced thread goes into the details, so I'm not going to repeat them, but I would strongly urge you to avoid the components of UB 22 that interfere with BG1 NPC content, if you plan to install both.

Future versions of UB 22 will probably detect for each other and skip incompatible components, but that is a ways away. Best to just do the research before hand and avoid installing components that make your game go boom.

OK, that isn't really true. Your game won't actually go boom. You just won't get all the content you expect.

Unfinished Business for Tutu is still being evaluated for compatibility with BG1 NPC Project.

There are incompatibilities which will cause some elements of both not to funcion properly, if at all.

Miloch's referenced thread goes into the details, so I'm not going to repeat them, but I would strongly urge you to avoid the components of UB 22 that interfere with BG1 NPC content, if you plan to install both.

Future versions of UB 22 will probably detect for each other and skip incompatible components, but that is a ways away. Best to just do the research before hand and avoid installing components that make your game go boom.

OK, that isn't really true. Your game won't actually go boom. You just won't get all the content you expect.

Thanks, I will wait for a better (tutu) version then.

I have now installed all of the files in the order showed on the first post.

Will have myself a blast while playing the game again for the first time in several years. Thank you everyone for your answers, and I'll be checking back with this thread and others to keep updated.

And thank you for destroying my social life and saving me money for never going out drinking in pubs and nightclubs again :p

You guys rock.

1. I tried the game, but it did show the intro movie, although I am certain I installed the mod for turning them of/getting rid of them.

If someone would be so kind as to set me straight on what mod is supposed to do this, kindly write so :p

I will then try to install this feature again to get rid of the movies (I know, not all of them, but two of them, right?)

2. Noticed the lack of Imoen commenting on Gorions death after the initial ambush after the prologue.

Maybe something overwrote the banter in BG1 NPC Project?

I will of course continue testing and report back on anything contribute-worthy.

EDIT: I have recently (yesterday) read through all of the readme files for all the mods mentioned in the first post (yes all of them, I have no life) but they are many and I cannot recall everything, so I am sorry to ask this.

The mod that "turns off the movies" actually only shortens the cutscenes, and it's only for BG2. If you want to turn off the movies for Tutu, it's more involved. If you do a search on this forum, the question has been answered before. I usually just endure the movies, myself, as I'm too lazy to go into baldur.ini and shut them off.

I urge you to post your lack of Imoen commentary on the BG1 NPC forum. The BG1 NPC bugfixers check here regularly, but you will get a faster response as a separate thread in that forum. Before you post, it would be helpful if you prepare some information that will help diagnose and treat your problem.

Please be as specific as you can. For us to troubleshoot your installation, we need as complete a description of what happened (or didn't happen) as you can possibly manage. Did Imoen say anything at all when you picked the scroll up off Gorion's body? If so, what?

Also, it would be helpful if you posted the contents of your WeiDU.log. In your Tutu directory, there is a document titled WeiDU.log. It has the .log extension, but it is a regular text document and can be viewed with any text editor, like Notepad. If you copy and paste the contents of that document into your post, it will help us address whatever issues you may have.

1. Movies - Will search the forums and it is not that big of a problem.

2. Post on BG1 NPC Forum - Done, included the WeiDU log after my last play.

3. URL for BG1 NPC Post: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=9263

EDIT:

4. Please take a look and comment on anything I could have been more specific on etc.

5. Will of course post here again if this seems to be something related to the order in which one should install the mods.

Thanks again.

You mention installing Ashes of Embers after Song and Silence, but the S&S readme says this:

'The mod is fully compatible with the changes made in the Ashes of Embers Universal Weapons component, provided Song and Silence is installed after it.'

13.1 Mix-Mod

I get a query for:

"Install component Turn off Startup Movies"

It was this I was referring to earlier, as it, in my EasyTutu installation, did NOT turn off the Startup Movies.

EDIT

Follow this link: http://forums.rpgdungeon.net/index.php?&topic=798.0

It states "8. Turn off Startup Movies for IWD1/2 BG2/Tutu PST", though I do not know what PST stands for.

/EDIT

I will install it again, and report back if it goes well this time.

You mention installing Ashes of Embers after Song and Silence, but the S&S readme says this:

'The mod is fully compatible with the changes made in the Ashes of Embers Universal Weapons component, provided Song and Silence is installed after it.'

Readme trumps general recommendations.

Archived