Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

Got it:

- BG/ToSC. BG2 and ToB. ToB patch.

- EasyTutu

- Degreenifier (and NPC Kit, if desired)

- optional NPC Project (and other mods as listed at the start of this thread)

- G3 Tweakpack on EasyTutu

- G3 Fixpack on BG2

- G3 Tweakpack on BG2

Thanks for all the help here. I know that this is outlined for old hands at the start of this thread, but as a newcomer, it took me a bit to even grasp the difference between Tutu and EasyTutu, and there appear to be different steps for each.

Much appreciated!

So, the recommended install order is:

After BG/ToSC, BG2, ToB, ToB patch, then do:

- Easy Tutu

- G3 BG2 Fixpack - run twice, once for BG2, once for EasyTutu

- G3 Tweakpack - run twice, once for BG2, once for EasyTutu

Is that correct? Easy Tutu before both the Fixpack and Tweakpack?

The BG2 Fixpack is solely for BG2 (or BGT), it is not applicable to Tutu. There is a BG1 Fixpack in development, but EasyTutu already contains many (though not all) of the legacy fixes (e.g. from Balderdash and Dudleyfix).
Cmorgan and Macready both then clarify that EasyTutu doesn't need Tutufix - am I reading that correctly? But I could run the Degreenifier, and the optional NPC pack?
Yes. EasyTutu includes most of the "fixes" in Tutufix - the remainder could be considered tweaks (so it is up to you if you want to install them). You can run anything else you want in the original post - just try sticking to the 'green' mods and make sure you know what you're doing and use caution with the 'yellow' (orange) mods. And try to stick to the installation order - if you are using BG2 Tweaks with EasyTutu, it should go near the end. Among other things, this makes it easier to 'retweak' things you're not happy with.

And obviously you can mod BG2 to your heart's content after the Tutu installation. :rant: Though if you want/need to reinstall Tutu (for an upgrade for example), it helps to have clean BG1/BG2 installs somewhere (I have them on a spare hard drive).

13.5iiProjectile Retrieval Mod[TBG]

13.6iiTweak[TBG]Some overlapping between BG2 Tweak Pack and this mod - please read documentation of both mods carefully if you install both

13.7 BG2 Tweak Pack [G3] Strongly Recommended (Detects and installs appropriate components for Tutu: do not let its name fool you! This is is the replacement for the G3 Tutu Tweaks. You must read the documentation before installing.)

Make Montaron an Assassin - .cre overwrites, so changes before now will not apply

Make Khalid a Fighter/Mage - .cre overwrites, so changes before now will not apply

13.5 Sword Coast Strategems [G3] (should go after BG2 Tweaks: To clarify this: you can install SCS and the Khalid/Monty improvements in either order and it won't break the game. But if you want the choose-proficiencies component of SCS to apply to the modified Khalid/Monty, you need to install them before SCS. TweakPack overwrites the old versions of Khalid and Monty with new CRE files, so it removes the set-them-to-level-zero changes imposed by SCS)

13.6 EasyTutu Spawn Randomizer [uSO] (can go anywhere, but is a likely candidate for uninstall/reinstall with different spawn percentages)

Is there any updates on the order of these last Mods?

As I see they have the same numbers on some of them (e.g. 13.5 is both on "Projectile Retrieval Mod" and "SCS"?

Thank you for all your hard work, people, you guys are heroes :p

I don't think it matters much with those two.

In general, mods with a similar function are interchangeable in terms of installation order.

Quest mods all get installed about the same time, and individual order doesn't matter that much.

NPC mods all get installed at the same time, and order doesn't matter much, except that BG1 NPC Project should probalby go first, since some of the NPC mods are likely to detect for it.

There are a few little peculiarities with item/tweaks mods, but in general, you item mods, like iiItems and Projectile Retrieval, will go before your tweaks mods, and you're going to want to keep SCS as the last thing you install before mods like DR and Tutu GUI.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

I will edit the top post for clarity!

Hey, unlike BG2, the currently available Tutu Quest mods do not do much False-ing of states . TGCep1 is built to be standalone and non-conflicting on any install, I think the SlimeQuest works in any order, and Sirine's Call is before BG1NPC so that we don't lose content when SC materials are incorporated (current code blows away the states we I_C_T into). To be safer/fair, should't we swap 8 and 7 around, and put BG1 NPC earlier in the install? I could always ask Ghreyfain (when he returns) if we can collaborate with Ascension64 and make a combined Tutu/BGT installer for SC that works more seamlessly.

To be safer/fair, should't we swap 8 and 7 around, and put BG1 NPC earlier in the install? I could always ask Ghreyfain (when he returns) if we can collaborate with Ascension64 and make a combined Tutu/BGT installer for SC that works more seamlessly.
When is Ghreyfain returning? The Sirine's Call issue has been outstanding for some time. The Tutu/BGT combination would be fairly easy, but we can't really edit his mod without his approval. Is there any way to incorporate some sort of check in BG1 NPC that prevents the conflict with SC (regardless of whether it's installed before or after)?

IMO, Items 7, 8, and 9 are in exactly the right order. There is a workaround in BG1 NPC to allow full SC content, even if it does require the console. There is no workaround in SC to allow full BG1 NPC content. Therefore, it makes sense that SC goes in first.

Adding a line to BG1 NPC to account for SC is not in our best interests. What happens if, further down the road, somebody decides BG1 NPC needs "tweaking" to take their mod into consideration? Not cool.

I say leave the list alone. It works, so why mess with it.

Adding a line to BG1 NPC to account for SC is not in our best interests. What happens if, further down the road, somebody decides BG1 NPC needs "tweaking" to take their mod into consideration? Not cool.
I'm not talking about some mod or mods down the road. I'm talking about this one particular mod that has conflicted for some time. Asking people to use the console is not cool (it is for debugging and cheating). Besides, I think cmorgan is looking at cross-mod compatibility between BG1NPC and BG1UB and possibly making some tweaks to facilitate that, so how is this different? If it's possible, like I said (rather than trying to track down a modder who seems to be unavailable and/or change his mod without permission).

Well, the latest internal has the variable that SC needs, so people can avoid the CLUAConsole stuff. From a player standpoint, that means that either install order allows a completed quest. The problem is that no matter how it works, SC invalidates all the I_C_Ts into the initial dialogue. I was just trying to figure out which was best, because I suddenly realized that my own install order has been SC and TGCep1 after BG1 NPC...

y'know, I need to go back nd re-research this anyways. And test.

The difference between what is going on between UB BG1 Tutu and BG1 NPC versus what is going on with SC is that in the former case, *both sides* are involved in the process.

Also, it involves detecting for the presence of another mod and installing accordingly. BG1 isn't going to go setting UB variables and vice versa.

If it makes you feel any better, this would count as debugging.

Unless, of course, the modder gave the variable inclusion his blessing, which he seems to have done, judging from cmorgan's post.

Thank you for the clear info on the order of things before, guys.

A monumental task would be to create some sort of "install-tree" for the mods, like this:

BG1 Tutu

I I I

Easier Harder Adds more to the story

Mod 1 Mod 1 Mod 1

Mod 2 Mod 2 Mod 2

Mod 3 Mod 3 Mod 3

...and so on

The mods number/orders would of course be different for each branch!

Easier

Mod 1 for the easyer branch would maybe be a tweak that makes the party AI better (or the like).

Harder

In this case, the tactics (which I am to understand makes the game harder) would be installed for example in the Harder branch and in the correct order, e.g. if it needs to be installed first its gonna be Mod 1 for that branch.

Adds more to the story

Just the story branch, would make just romance and banter mods, not making the game harder or easier.

Just a suggestion people.

And of course this could be made for BG 1 vanilla, BG2, and BGT...

Work for years to come....

0. Forgot to log in on the other two subjects - I am the anonymous Guest.

1. The compatible tree is sexual intercourse'd up, as I wanted it to look better I had spaces between the branches, but the forum word/sentence/no spaces-correcting edit-fucked me over.

I hope you know what I meant with it anyway.

2. Worldmap (I have downloaded WM v6.4 just in case, but do not know where to put it in the order of mods)

3. There seems to be a version of Unfinished Business version for EasyTutu.

Is this correct, and if so, where should it be put in the install order? (obviously somewhere in the number 7)

I'll shut up now.

EDIT:

Bad words replaced

A monumental task would be to create some sort of "install-tree" for the mods, like this: [Easier, Harder, Adds more to the story] And of course this could be made for BG 1 vanilla, BG2, and BGT...
It would be tough, because most of these mods are rather subjective with how they influence difficulty of the game. Most of them just add content, having no effect on difficulty (such as graphical mods). Then there are mods like SCS and BG2 Tweaks, which have a bunch of components - some of which may make the game harder, some easier. Probably best off reading the ReadMes for these mods. :p

What I would like to see is the content arranged (as you suggest) in columns for each platform (BG1, Tutu, EasyTutu, MacTutu, BGT), to make it a bit easier to read and figure out. We could add a column for 'difficulty' I suppose, as to whether the mod affects that, but most would probably be blank. Currently, this forum's code prevents such tables, but we can probably work around that eventually (or enable it in the forum code).

Is there something about a Worldmap (WM) that should be mentioned in this order of Mods or is it for something else, like BGT?
The BGT-BP Worldmap was originally for BGT with the 'Big Picture' family of mods. They are working to make it compatible with Tutu - there is at least one mod on the list above (Secret of Bone Hill) that depends on this Worldmap. The last release 6.4 might be considered a Tutu beta in that it functioned but had some issues (I helped test it to a small extent). Once we have more reports of its compatibility, we'll add it to the list. They are working on a 6.5 - if you're interested in trying it, I suggest dropping erebusant a note at SHS (one can always use more testers :p). If not, I wouldn't worry about it as it will probably just complicate your install unnecessarily (it also covers the BG2 areas). There is also a potential Tutu Worldmap project, but it is mainly just theoretical at this point.

Edit:

If you do decide to try the BGT Worldmap, I would probably install it around 13.10 (almost last, before the GUI) so if you don't like it or if it has issues, it's easy to uninstall. According to the Bonehill readme, it should be installed after that mod, so it's probably fine anywhere after that.

BG1 Unfinished Business is another toughie - your primary concern is whether you want it or BG1 NPC to have priority where they overlap. And you may want to skip some components - check this thread at PPG for suggestions. I guess I would lean toward putting it somewhere around 4.2 after Tutufix (it is a fix mod, as well as a quest or 'restoration' mod). This also means BG1 NPC, being installed later, has priority (it has been around longer in Tutu form and is more stable).

It would be tough, because most of these mods are rather subjective with how they influence difficulty of the game. Most of them just add content, having no effect on difficulty (such as graphical mods). Then there are mods like SCS and BG2 Tweaks, which have a bunch of components - some of which may make the game harder, some easier. Probably best off reading the ReadMes for these mods. smile.gif

It would maybe be good to have a text behind each mod, like "making the game easier, making the game harder, making the game easier AND harder, and so on?

EDIT:

Wait. How about just having a minus or plus behind?

+Harder

-Easier

Add colors maybe?

Archived