Congrats

Shaitan

Congratulations! It sounds like a wonderful mod. :)

Also, I have a small request for clarification, please. The ReadMe says:

If you don't install Ascension, a small part of it (the part involving an alliance with Balthazar) will be installed anyway (I didn't want to reinvent the wheel by writing my own ally-with-Balthazar dialogue). I'm extremely grateful to David Gaider, and to Cuv, for permission to reuse part of Ascension.

To me it says I can have what I always wanted in ToB, i.e., the opportunity to ally with Balthazar instead of being forced to kill him, but without the horrible bug* I experienced whenever I had Ascension installed (i.e., Yaga in the final battle taking forever to die, with 1HP of damage for half an hour or more). In other words, I could play ToB the way I wanted to play it, minus the bug of the Ascension battle on Core rules. Please tell me whether I am reading this right.

*More details about why I hate that bug are in this topic. And while I am at this, Mr. DavidW, I've just thought to ask something else as well: are you DMWWallace at the BioWare forums?

Guest Guest

Congratulations!

I've already started a game with CSC2+Ascension+a bunch of other stuff, can I install it on top of everything? If I'm still in SoA, will I miss any content?

Congratulations!

I've already started a game with CSC2+Ascension+a bunch of other stuff, can I install it on top of everything? If I'm still in SoA, will I miss any content?

According to the readme it should be installed ontop of SCSII thus making it the last mod to be installed and you should then be fine installing it if you're in SoA. It's a ToB only mod.

Congratulations!

According to the readme it should be installed ontop of SCSII thus making it the last mod to be installed and you should then be fine installing it if you're in SoA. It's a ToB only mod.

Elapsed time before a typo in the readme is discovered: 2 hrs 10 min.

The right install instructions are these (from the readme):

In any case, Wheels of Prophecy should be installed fairly early in your installation order (before NPC mods, tweaks, and tactical mods) but after any Fixpack, and after Ascension.

But the readme also says

In particular, it's fully compatible with my tactical mod, Sword Coast Stratagems II (SCSII), provided that SCSII is installed first.

It should say "last", not "first". I've corrected that on the readme on the website. (Nothing disastrous will happen if it's done in the wrong order, though).

@Ana: yes, I'm DMWWallace. (I'm David Wallace, in fact, but "David" seems a bit short for a login, and since I'm an academic, I'd prefer internet searches for my name to point at my research on quantum theory and not at Sword Coast Stratagems!) & you're half right about Ascension: Balthazar will join you but you'll otherwise get the standard (non-Ascension) end battle. The "smarter Yaga-Shura" component of SCSII v8 fixes the bug with Y-S though.

@Guest: no, there's no new content in SoA.

@Ana: yes, I'm DMWWallace. (I'm David Wallace, in fact, but "David" seems a bit short for a login, and since I'm an academic, I'd prefer internet searches for my name to point at my research on quantum theory and not at Sword Coast Stratagems!)

Understandable. Thank you for the reply. Am I to understand, then, that the first Google result with your name is you? If so, then colour me impressed. Though, not surprised, judging by your posts here and in other places. :)

& you're half right about Ascension: Balthazar will join you but you'll otherwise get the standard (non-Ascension) end battle.

That's all right. My motivation for installing Ascension to begin with was the Balthazar component, and now I have the perfect mod for it. I cannot even begin to tell you how grateful I am to you for this component. By the way, is Balthazar's Ascension epilogue also included in your mod?

The "smarter Yaga-Shura" component of SCSII v8 fixes the bug with Y-S though.

Good to know. I'll probably look into it one day. However, now that your mod caters to my main need (alliance with Balthazar), I have no interest in installing Ascension anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love a tough battle from time to time, but my former experience with that bug annoyed me so much that there'll be a while before I move on.

Great work, David. You have done what so many people wanted to do and never managed. Here is to ToB getting some love! :)

Well, I had very modest goals compared to what most of them tried to do, I think. I only came across the in-progress forums for Prophecy of Alaundo after I'd finished WoP - it must be easily ten times the scale as a project.

(But then, the thing about small cute projects is you can actually get them done in a manageable period of time, I guess.)

Archived