Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

And I assume that includes the component from BG2 Tweak Pack also? Nice, that I don't have to install those.

Item Pack also adds Joluv to the Copper Coronet if the main component is installed (last official patch adds Deidre but not him).

Could you make that optional?

I'd rather not, since Joluv is the recipient for a handful of the main component's new items, and I don't want to create a dependency to BG2 Tweaks, SCSII, or IR just for that.

Maybe Demi can add a Destroy Self check or something for him if Item Pack is installed? I don't know how IR plans to adress this issue --also related to BG2 Tweaks and SCSII-- in the next release, current ReadMe doesn't mention anything, neither the fact he's moved nor compatibility-wise.

In any case, Shaitan, if you know you're going to have IR installed, you can manually edit Item Pack's .tp2 and delete these lines before installing:

// Spawn Joluv in the Copper Coronet (latest patch adds Deirdre but not him)
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~AR0406.bcs~   ~Item_Pack/Scripts/d1AR0406.baf~
COMPILE ~Item_Pack/Scripts/d1AR0406.baf~

That will prevent Joluv from spawning in the Copper Coronet, assuming you don't have BG2 Tweaks' or SCSII's similar component.

Thanks Daulmakan, but as you suggest, I'd rather like IR to finish the "mess" it creates, as you mentions SCSII still have to be installed last, not IR.

Cheers

Is saving grace a + small shield or a medium one ? It has -1 penality for thac0 but description also say no protection from missiles.

Futhermore, Ground icon looks like a medium shield.

It's a small shield, I've fixed the ground icon. The -1 penalty to thac0 is propably a wrong detection from the patching component, we'll fix that too.
Albruin
The luminous effect still gives strange dialogue strings.
And I still have no clues. When does it happens? When the weapon is equipped? When the effect takes place?

The Crypt King attacks, hits (I assume he's using Albruin+1) and it says: Crypt King did 13 damages to Hans, then the next line (which is the strange one):"To the sunshine of my life" Who wrote it: Hans. And I've seen other strange messages...

It happens when a hit gives damage.

I have a screendump, but can't post it.

Well, I find it odd.

Albruin
The luminous effect still gives strange dialogue strings.
And I still have no clues. When does it happens? When the weapon is equipped? When the effect takes place?

The Crypt King attacks, hits (I assume he's using Albruin+1) and it says: Crypt King did 13 damages to Hans, then the next line (which is the strange one):"To the sunshine of my life" Who wrote it: Hans. And I've seen other strange messages...

It happens when a hit gives damage.

I have a screendump, but can't post it.

Well, I find it odd.

I am also having this issue, though I get a different message. When my character attacks with this sword, it displays some seemingly random line of dialogue from the unfinished business mod (which I also have installed). Its always the same minsc line from the boo is kidnapped quest.

DVFFIRE.SPL (Faeriefire) uses string 80575 as spell name instead of -1. In my case this is: If we were bandits, why were we walking out in the open? Come on, just let us go, we're not the people you're looking for.Maybe this is the wrongdoer?
Great catch, it's almost surely that! Thanks a lot!

The hotfixes are waiting for other ongoing things (aka rods) so here's the fixed file. Just put it in the override, no need to re-install.

I've got a CTD when casting SCRL09.ITM (Protection from Alterations). The ToBEx.log message is
[sat 10 Sep 2011 14:31:24] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x49F287 File: CGameAIBaseActions.cpp Line: 2096 Expression: FALSE Message: (null)
I don't understand what's happening, it had wrong targeting like all other green scrolls (aka it seemed to allow targeting another creature but when cast it targeted only the caster), but other than that I don't see anything strange with it. I just tried to cast it in a fresh install and it works fine, no ctd. :)

Well, there is a minor issue..

why the death finger spell invoked by Ring of Gaxx instantly kills its wearer..?

And, trust me, it seems to be pierce MR and SW..

Wrong targeting sorry, Vampiric Touch too. :p When self cast spells always ignore magic resistance (what's SW?).
Looks like in my case the cause of CTD was the target of "Attack roll penalty" effect was set to "None". When I set it to "Preset target" the spell was cast without issues.
Ahhh, ProUndead then, not ProAilments! Got it! Thanks. I'll update hotfixes tonight as soon as I get back home.

Archived