IR v4 Beta (last update 20 June 2017)

Long time no see!

I've been feeling that it seems the turn is nigh to play the BG series with the great Revision Mods... :)

I hope everything is fine and the mods will be finally released in the near future.

My RL is still a bitch but you picked the right day to be back. I wanted to squeeze into IR's next build a few more things (*) but I have only this afternoon thus I'm not sure if I manage to do that. Regardless, I'll give Kreso the new build today, if it passes his first check tonight it will be up.

(*) Store Revision doesn't touch BG1 and I wanted to try handling it myself (albeit Arda would surely do a much better job). For example a beta tester (Jad) reported me stuff like 2x Night Embrace rings on the same store, and that's almost game-breaking for IR's standards. The problem is that I'm not Arda and it may take too much, if it does I'll keep it for the next build because I want IR out today.

Hello

Would you mind take a look at Skin of the Forest +3

It says it doesn't stack with similar magic, but I'm able to wield it together with a barkskin spell, thus making it really good. Don't know if it really was the intention, as it is obtained after a "harder" quest.

Cheers

Sorry guys for taking so long, from now on I'll go back to smaller but quicker updates. Every single time I try to do a big update I get stuck with RL and random stuff popping up everywhere.

Anyway, a new build is up. Here's the change-log:

V4 - Beta 6 (25 January 2015)
- merged potions into the main component item table
- reintroduced unidentified ioun stone description to prevent installation failure
- fixed bug where some headbands were misidentified as banded armor
- updated component predicates for various games
- Cleaving enhacement also grants +10 bonus to weapon speed factor for 2 seconds
- minor fixes (effects targeting, displayed icons, etc.)
- Crimson Chain's Blood Rage no longer causes loss of control, still grants +2 thac0/dmg but not +2 to all saves
- Girdle of Beatification uses again vanilla's Girdle of Hill Giant icon (V3 red sash wasn't blending in enough imo)
- Girdle of Trollish Fortitude uses a new icon
- Belt of Inertial Barrier no longer halves mov rate, but causes -1 penalty to weapon speed/thac0/dmg
- Cloak of Vengeance tweaked to not spam the screen with lightning bolts (20% chance, 6d6 dmg)
- Silver Dagger (Werebane) is now a returning throwing dagger, uses a new icon (it was almost identical to Longtooth)
- Heart of the Golem no longer share the icon with Nester/Kylee/Hentold daggers, added +1 AC while equipped
- Dagger of Venom now uses a unique icon with a greenish blade (in-game color tweaked to match it)
- Suryris's Blade gets a Staggering effect (save vs. breath or suffer -1/2 apr and -4 casting speed penalty for 1 round)
- Arbane's 1/day Haste replaced with Hastening effect (10% chance +1/2 apr and +2 mov rate for 2 rounds, cumulative)
- Shazzelim added to IR
- Sword of Flame no longer share Flame Tongue's icon
- The Claw of Kazgoroth added to IR, minor tweaks (e.g name changed from Kazgaroth to match PnP, extended lore)
- The Horn of Kazgoroth added to IR, minor tweaks (e.g. changed from x charges to 1/day)
- Staff of the High Forest gains +1 casting speed bonus, no longer grants protection against insect spells
- Cloak of the High Forest gets immunity to insects and +10% elemental res, regen rate improved, +1 to AC/saves removed
- Firecam Full Plate Mail magic dmg resistance lowered from 50% to 40%
- Sword of Arvoreen's Enfeebling enhancement sligthly tweaked, now works via spl as per Ardulia's Mace
- Corthala Family Armor no longer grants immunity to charm
- Handmaiden's Mace added to IR, enchantment raised by 1, added 33% to cast Web on target, still Envenomed, new icon
- Dark Elven Chain now grants immunity to poison and +10% bonus to magic resistance
- Sword of Chaos +4 (Ascension only) added to IR, 10% magic resistance replaced by +2 to all saves

@Dakk, thanks man I will probably need some help indeed for BG1 part of Store Revisions.

@Shaitan, the armor looks fine, it makes the wearer immune to Barkskin. Did you pehaps cast the spell before equipping the armor? In that case you bypassed the immunity. I can block that exploit for the next SR build.

Sorry guys for taking so long, from now on I'll go back to smaller but quicker updates. Every single time I try to do a big update I get stuck with RL and random stuff popping up everywhere.

Anyway, a new build is up. Here's the change-log:

V4 - Beta 6 (25 January 2015)

- merged potions into the main component item table

- reintroduced unidentified ioun stone description to prevent installation failure

- fixed bug where some headbands were misidentified as banded armor

- updated component predicates for various games

- Cleaving enhacement also grants +10 bonus to weapon speed factor for 2 seconds

- minor fixes (effects targeting, displayed icons, etc.)

- Crimson Chain's Blood Rage no longer causes loss of control, still grants +2 thac0/dmg but not +2 to all saves

- Girdle of Beatification uses again vanilla's Girdle of Hill Giant icon (V3 red sash wasn't blending in enough imo)

- Girdle of Trollish Fortitude uses a new icon

- Belt of Inertial Barrier no longer halves mov rate, but causes -1 penalty to weapon speed/thac0/dmg

- Cloak of Vengeance tweaked to not spam the screen with lightning bolts (20% chance, 6d6 dmg)

- Silver Dagger (Werebane) is now a returning throwing dagger, uses a new icon (it was almost identical to Longtooth)

- Heart of the Golem no longer share the icon with Nester/Kylee/Hentold daggers, added +1 AC while equipped

- Dagger of Venom now uses a unique icon with a greenish blade (in-game color tweaked to match it)

- Suryris's Blade gets a Staggering effect (save vs. breath or suffer -1/2 apr and -4 casting speed penalty for 1 round)

- Arbane's 1/day Haste replaced with Hastening effect (10% chance +1/2 apr and +2 mov rate for 2 rounds, cumulative)

- Shazzelim added to IR

- Sword of Flame no longer share Flame Tongue's icon

- The Claw of Kazgoroth added to IR, minor tweaks (e.g name changed from Kazgaroth to match PnP, extended lore)

- The Horn of Kazgoroth added to IR, minor tweaks (e.g. changed from x charges to 1/day)

- Staff of the High Forest gains +1 casting speed bonus, no longer grants protection against insect spells

- Cloak of the High Forest gets immunity to insects and +10% elemental res, regen rate improved, +1 to AC/saves removed

- Firecam Full Plate Mail magic dmg resistance lowered from 50% to 40%

- Sword of Arvoreen's Enfeebling enhancement sligthly tweaked, now works via spl as per Ardulia's Mace

- Corthala Family Armor no longer grants immunity to charm

- Handmaiden's Mace added to IR, enchantment raised by 1, added 33% to cast Web on target, still Envenomed, new icon

- Dark Elven Chain now grants immunity to poison and +10% bonus to magic resistance

- Sword of Chaos +4 (Ascension only) added to IR, 10% magic resistance replaced by +2 to all saves

@Dakk, thanks man I will probably need some help indeed for BG1 part of Store Revisions.

@Shaitan, the armor looks fine, it makes the wearer immune to Barkskin. Did you pehaps cast the spell before equipping the armor? In that case you bypassed the immunity. I can block that exploit for the next SR build.

Demi, I'd like to join the beta testing, especially about the BG1 part of Store Revisions with BG:EE! If you allow me, I'd also wanted to use the latest SR to test it.

@leania, the links I gave you via PM are still valid, do you still have them?

Regarding BG1 Store Revisions, assuming I can manage to code it looking at Arda's code, what I need is:

- a complete list of all BG1 shops/vendors

- a mini-review of each of them with infos such as shop type (e.g. smith, alchemist, library, fence etc.), and a bit of background for the vendor

- personal suggestions (e.g. item x should probably go there; that shop should be cheap or vice-versa, etc.)

Regarding BG1 Store Revisions, assuming I can manage to code it looking at Arda's code, what I need is:

- a mini-review of each of them with infos such as shop type (e.g. smith, alchemist, library, fence etc.), and a bit of background for the vendor

- personal suggestions (e.g. item x should probably go there; that shop should be cheap or vice-versa, etc.)

I checked it out and the latest version of IR seems OK but I'm not sure about SR. The latest updated date is about 3 months ago. Is it the latest version?

I checked it out and the latest version of IR seems OK but I'm not sure about SR. The latest updated date is about 3 months ago. Is it the latest version?

Yes, I'm working right now on the next SR build but I don't want to give an ETA (it could be tomorrow or next week depending on too many factors).

Hi Demi, I would like to do a new BG1:EE walkthrough with you mods (SR+IR and also some others). This time I should have more feedback for you, because I would have more time to test and play.

Please send me an PM in the Beamdog forum (still can't get PM here), i would be very thankful.
To show my interest here a list of BG 1 shops I can think of:
(I will skip inns that only provide drinks)
CANDLEKEEP:
- Candlekeep Inn (AR2616) -> INN + store - Winthrop (Starting Equipment)
- Temple of Oghma -> Priest Store (Cures, Potions)
FRIENDLY ARM INN:
- The Friendly Arm (AR2301) -> INN + store (Basic Items + Some lightly enchanted)
- Temple of Wisdom (AR2304) -> Priest store (Cures, Extended Potions)
BEREGOST:
- Feldepost's Inn (AR3351) -> INN + store (Some Enchanted Items)
- Thunderhammer Smithy (AR3301) -> SMITH (Masterwork Smith + Enchanted Items, crafts Ankheg Armor)
HIGH HEDGE
- High Hedge (AR3202) Mage store (High level Mage items)
NASHKEL
- Temple of Helm (AR4802) -> Priest store (Cures, Potions)
- Nashkel Store (AR4803) -> store (Some Enchanted Items, buys rare pelts)
NASHKEL CARNIVAL
- Merchant Tent (x 2523 y 2837) -> Magic Item store (trinkets and scrolls)
- Carnival Shop (x 2827 y 3008) -> Meele Weapon store (no magic items)
- Carnival Shop (x 3194 y 3282) -> Ranged Weapon Store (no magic items)
- Carnival Shop (x 3246 y 2618) -> Armor store (no magic items)
TEMPLE
- Song of the Morning Temple (AR3402) -> Priest store (Cures, Potions)
GULLYKIN
- Temple of Yondalla (AR4003) -> Priest store (Cures, Potions)
BALDUR'S GATE
- Lucky Aello's Discount Store (AR 0800, x 3123 y 1011) -> store (cursed items, potions)
- Elfsong Tavern Second Floor (AR 0800, x 1800 y 2370) -> Magic Item store (trinkets and scrolls)
- Silence Shop (AR 0800, x 3360 y 2000) -> store (Some Enchanted Items)
- Sorcerous Sundries (AR 0800, x 1025 y 1950) -> magic items and weapons store (advanced entchanted items)
- Maltz's Weapon Shop (AR 0800, x 1111 y 2935) -> store (Some Enchanted Items)
- Thieves' Guild, Black Lily (AR 0800, x y ) -> thief store (Some enchanted item and potions- thief oriented equipment)
BALDUR'S GATE SE SECTION
- Potion Shop (AR 1300, x 2150 y 415) -> Potion store
- Potion Shop 2 (AR 1300, 825 y 2563) -> Potion store
BALDUR'S GATE SW SECTION
- Potion Shop (AR 1100, x 3120 y 600) -> Potion store
- Potion Shop 2 (AR 1100, x 2535 y 2317) -> Potion store
- General Store (AR 1100, x y ) -> store (Some Enchanted Items)
BALDUR'S GATE NE SECTION
- General Store (AR 0300, x 2180 y 2515) -> store (Some Enchanted Items)
BALDUR'S GATE W SECTION
- High Hall of Wonders (AR 0600, x 3800 y 940) -> Priest store (Cures, Potions)
BALDUR'S GATE N SECTION
- Temple of Helm (AR 0200, x 1550 y 1090) -> Priest store (Cures, Potions)
ULGOTH'S BEARD (Tales of the Sword Coast)
- Ulgoth's Beard Inn (x 2360 y 535) -> magic items and weapons store (advanced entchanted items)
DURLAG'S TOWER (Tales of the Sword Coast)
- Erdane (x y ) -> thief store (Some enchanted item and potions- thief oriented equipment)

Nalia's Ring

Nalia's ring gives +2 luck with IR. It does not give +2 to minimum damage, however, which I thought it was supposed to?

Luck itself gives +2 minimum damage. Try shooting 1d6 arrows on a non-armored character, you'll see she never rolls <3.

Yes, I'm working right now on the next SR build but I don't want to give an ETA (it could be tomorrow or next week depending on too many factors).

I see. It seems that I need to focus on how the Store Revisions component works now and give you feedback, don't I? :)