IR v4 Beta (last update 20 June 2017)

Here's some bugs:

Arbane has 100% chance to trigger it's Hastening effect. It also has it's Haste spell usable.

Valygar's Armor still makes him charm immune (fwiw, I'd keep it).

Claw of Kazgaroth has very ugly and wrong description for it's effects :rolleyes:

Here's some bugs:

- Arbane has 100% chance to trigger it's Hastening effect. It also has it's Haste spell usable.

- Valygar's Armor still makes him charm immune (fwiw, I'd keep it).

- Claw of Kazgaroth has very ugly and wrong description for it's effects :rolleyes:

- fixed

- Mmm...I did that only because many players consider the armor almost OP, but it can restored depending on feedback as I liked it.

- ops, +3 saves vs. death has to go yes. The description is ugly because the effects are ugly :D Jokes aside, you think 5 separate Save lines would be better?

- Valygar's Armor still makes him charm immune (fwiw, I'd keep it).

- Mmm...I did that only because many players consider the armor almost OP, but it can restored depending on feedback as I liked it.

- ops, +3 saves vs. death has to go yes. The description is ugly because the effects are ugly :D Jokes aside, you think 5 separate Save lines would be better?

What's so OP with Valy's armor? In addition, RR/aTweaks will consider it granting charm immunity anyway. I always found his armor very fitting for him.

I don't know how you could sort out the Claw desc. with these effects.

Hello

Trying to start a BG1 (easytutu game) I get this error intalling the crit hit revision:

ERROR: Invalid_argument("Str.search_forward")
Please submit a report regarding this problem, including the information contained in SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG to Demivrgvs, Ardanis and Mike1072 at forums.gibberlings3.net
Using Language [English]
[English] has 2 top-level TRA files
[item_rev/languages/english/setup.tra] has 59 translation strings
[item_rev/languages/english/description_updates.tra] has 169 translation strings

Hope it can help

Jansen Techno-Gloves
Equipped Abilities:
Lockpicking: +20% bonus
Pick Pockets: +20% bonus
Usable By:
Jan Jansen

Notes: unchanged, though I don't like them to be identical to the Gloves of the Rogue.

-----

IMO Jansen Techno-Gloves desperately need another ability, preferably a unique one. The item's other name, 'Jansen-Brand Techno-Thieving Gadgetizer Gloves', suggests this should be something tied to "Tecnho" and/or "Gadgetizer".

A bonus to Set Traps instantly comes to mind, but it is not unique --- Gloves of the Rogue have it.
Demi, I suggest you remove a bonus to Set Traps from Gloves of the Rogue and give it to Jansen Techno-Gloves.

The former would get a bonus to Detect Traps instead.

I think these changes are good enough:
Jansen Techno-Gloves will get Set Traps: +20% bonus.
Gloves of the Rogue will get Detect Traps: +15% bonus.

I hope it won't clash too much with the new lore you assigned to Gloves of the Rogue.

By the way, maybe Detect Traps: +25% bonus from Jansen Spectroscopes should be lowered to 20%?

-----
Gloves of the Rogue
Equipped Abilities:
Lockpicking: +15% bonus
Pick Pockets: +15% bonus

Set Traps: +15% bonus
Precise Strike: +5% chance to score critical hits

Notes: "replace" Gloves of Pickpocketing. They now use a completely new lore to better justify its abilities.

Edited by Istfemer

Just some small feedback from my tests in BG1:EE Black pits so far:

- Installation is working fine for me

- Weapon values are working well. Love the Shield changes

- I tried running it with Scales of Balance mod -> seems to lead to some Item description and naming issues.

I will do some more testing if it is really Scales of Balance causing the issues.

Thanks for this Mod, I like the changes very much.

Hmm. It seems in IR there are already enough items that grant a bonus to Detect Traps.

Okay, how about a +1 Dexterity bonus?

Jansen Techno-Gloves will get Set Traps: +20% bonus.
Gloves of the Rogue will get Dex: +1 bonus instead of Set Traps: +15% bonus.

add: Same thing, plenty of items grant dexterity bonuses. Hmm...

Anyway, I'm convinced that Jansen Techno-Gloves need either a bonus to Set Traps or some unique ability.

Though a bonus to Set Traps will make them even more like Gloves of the Rogue.

Edited by Istfemer

Bit of a bug here: after installing the latest beta, various weapons get assigned the wrong string in the name field. (Edit: okay I just looked two posts up, and this is what Darkersun is talking about. The precise problem is described below.)

Example: in BGEE, the item name for an unenchanted bastard sword ("Bastard Sword") is in strref 6646. An identical-looking string, which also reads "Bastard Sword" is in strref 25000. That string is the one used for the bastard sword proficiency. They are not redundant; it is good that both strings exist because it means a modder can change the proficiency but not the item name, or vice versa.

Installing IR switches the string used for the name of SW1H01.ITM from 6646 to 25000. If a player installs a mod (like mine) that changes the bastard sword proficiency, that player will end up with incorrect names for the items.

This should only affect a few items, specifically, the unenchanted ones, because those are the only strings that are identical to the names of proficiencies.

If it helps:

- The proficiency strrefs in BGEE are all near or between 25000-25050. Item name strings are probably grouped somewhere else - probably far earlier, somewhere near 6646.

- The proficiency strrefs in TOB and BG2EE are all near 31110-31130, 34140-34175, and 35442.

- The proficiency strrefs in IWDEE are all near 36799-36825 and 37710-37735.

Edited by subtledoctor

Bit of a bug here: after installing the latest beta, various weapons get assigned the wrong string in the name field. (Edit: okay I just looked two posts up, and this is what Darkersun is talking about. The precise problem is described below.)

Example: in BGEE, the item name for an unenchanted bastard sword ("Bastard Sword") is in strref 6646. An identical-looking string, which also reads "Bastard Sword" is in strref 25000. That string is the one used for the bastard sword proficiency. They are not redundant; it is good that both strings exist because it means a modder can change the proficiency but not the item name, or vice versa.

Installing IR switches the string used for the name of SW1H01.ITM from 6646 to 25000. If a player installs a mod (like mine) that changes the bastard sword proficiency, that player will end up with incorrect names for the items.

That sounds like an EE/WeiDU problem rather than an IR bug. IR doesn't do anything fancy here - it uses WeiDU to write the string "Bastard Sword" as the item name. WeiDU looks up "Bastard Sword" in dialog.tlk and puts in the strref it finds.

Edit: Actually, this is something you can fix in your mod. Instead of writing your new proficiency string on top of the "Bastard Sword" strref in dialog.tlk, you should assign your string its own strref and update the value stored in weapprof.2da.

Edited by Mike1072

Wait - so Weidu's SAY doesn't always create a new string? If it matches an existing one it just grabs the first strref it finds and uses that? Or maybe the last - I assume this is for ease of uninstalling/reinstalling components.

I'm totally happy to make a change in my end. But I'm not sure how. I've only ever looked at weapprof.2da in NI and I only see text there - I didn't even realize it contains strrefs. I suppose NI must automatically translate them? (I think this issue tripped me up once a few months ago.)

Would I do something like:

COPY_EXISTING ~weapprof.2da~ ~override~
     REPLACE_TEXTUALLY 25000 @100
...?

Or would I need to first RESOLVE_STR_REF, get the result, and pass that into the text replacement? Something like,

SET %bsword% to RESOLVE_STR_REF @100
COPY_EXISTING ~weapprof.2da~ ~override~
     REPLACE_TEXTUALLY 25000 %bsword%
...? Edited by subtledoctor

Wait - so Weidu's SAY doesn't always create a new string?

Think of how many strings it would need to do for all the unidentified "unique" equipment. There's only one of them for each item type in the original game, so weidu.exe uses the same trick. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Wait - so Weidu's SAY doesn't always create a new string?

Think of how many strings it would need to do for all the unidentified "unique" equipment. There's only one of them for each item type in the original game, so weidu.exe uses the same trick.
Actually that's different. As I described above, the game does in fact have multiple different strings that are identical in content, when they have different uses. E.g. one for unidentified item names and one for entries in the proficiency table. Another example: most kit names have two identical entries - one to appear in the CharGen screens and one to appear in the character record. This is handy, because you can edit the latter strings to names that might be too long to work well in a button during kit selection.

Weidu is just grabbing random identical entries for the sake of efficiency, to avoid bloat in dialog.tlk. Which I get, in principle.

I don't quite get why IR is using a SAY NAME1 command on items when it isn't actually changing the names. Why not just comment that out and leave that field untouched?

But like I said, I understand IR is big and complicated and I'm happy to accommodate it on my end. I could fairly easily COPY_EXISTING all bastard swords and use my own SAY NAME1 command to switch them to a new string. But editing the proficiency strings sounds a LOT more efficient.

I just need a little help in implementation, since it involves a technique I'm not familiar with.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Edited by subtledoctor

Here's some feedback for latest beta:

- Mace of Disruption string "Undead destroyed" will never get displayed, eff with the string should go before the one that kills them

- Cloak of Vengeance spell bypasses both MR and spell protections. If fine with MR, but I'd prefer it has a power level of 3 like it's namesake spell

Other than that, the Cloak is great, one of my favourite items.

- Hindo's doom is pretty much unusable by evil characters due to Holy Smite castings. Any chance this would be changed into something more user/party friendly considering it's the only +4 katana in the game?

- gauntlets of parry description is wrong (per old version with +1 to AC)

- both Nalia's ring and Stone of Luck are described as having luck bonus, only the stone adds saving throws

I can't think of anything else right now.

- Mace of Disruption string "Undead destroyed" will never get displayed, eff with the string should go before the one that kills them

- gauntlets of parry description is wrong (per old version with +1 to AC)

- both Nalia's ring and Stone of Luck are described as having luck bonus, only the stone adds saving throws

- I can fix it in a sec, but now that I think about it, is such string necessary in the first place? Does it display correctly on EE?

- fixed. It was already fine in my install, I guess I forgot to update dropbox tra file

- strange, it looks fine. I'll double check asap.

- Cloak of Vengeance spell bypasses both MR and spell protections. If fine with MR, but I'd prefer it has a power level of 3 like it's namesake spell. Other than that, the Cloak is great, one of my favourite items.

- Hindo's doom is pretty much unusable by evil characters due to Holy Smite castings. Any chance this would be changed into something more user/party friendly considering it's the only +4 katana in the game?

- mmm...I guess you suggest it so that spell protections can deflect it, but do we want it to consume 3 spell lvls of protection? Regarding MR I'm torn but pretty much all item abilities bypass it. Anyway, really glad you like it. :)

- yes, I already thought about it. Speaking of which, Holy Smite and Unholy Blight are changed for the upcoming SR build (still scheduled for this weekend). Let's just say that part of the tweak is on the same direction: "user friendliness". ;)

I can't think of anything else right now.

Well, I hope it's a good sign. :D

Edited by Demivrgvs