Subtledoc's Random Tweaks

Guest BooChew

Hello, Subtle Doctor. I am just about to try my hand at installing a few of your mods, and was hoping you could give me some advice about the best installation order. Specifically, I am unsure whether your Random Tweaks should be installed before or after SCS, or whether some components should be installed before, others after. If it matters, I plan to install your revised magic component. Here is the order I am currently considering:

Rogue Rebalancing

Item Revision

Item Revision Revised

Spell Revision

Spell Revision Revised

[Random Tweaks?]

[Buff Spell Visuals?]

SCS

aTweaks

Does this seem all right? Thank you for your time.

I think "Change Protection from Petrification into 'Mirrored Eyes' " component isn't working. While I am familiar with basic modding, splstate modifications are beyond me so I cant quite figure it out what went wrong. My best guess is spl_proj in the code points to the wrong type of projectile. I tried it in vanilla EE and SR setups.

2 hours ago, Chosen said:

I think "Change Protection from Petrification into 'Mirrored Eyes' " component isn't working. While I am familiar with basic modding, splstate modifications are beyond me so I cant quite figure it out what went wrong. My best guess is spl_proj in the code points to the wrong type of projectile. I tried it in vanilla EE and SR setups.

Quite right. Stupid weird difference between how projectiles are indexed in NI vs. the IESDP. Fixed in v1.4.2.

That also fixes a bug with the component allowing Cure Wounds spells to bypass spell deflections... it actually works now.

I am afraid that didn't fix it for me, probably there are few more bugs. I looked to code a bit more as a learning practice. d5gazeev.2da file gets populated with items and spells with gaze projectile then these items patched to do ...something when target has %gaze_evasion_state% ?

1)  Is "hold_evade_res" suppose to be "gaze_evade_res"? 

2) Loop doesn't work for items(like basilisk gaze weapon). At line 168 you check for "PATCH_IF (itm_proj = 65) BEGIN" but at previous line read "READ_SHORT (ab_off + 0x2a) itm_proj". Is one of them wrong? (itm_proj vs spl_proj)

3) Even if make this changes items still doesn't update so probably there is a similar bug further down.

Edited by Chosen

Unfortunately there is an issue that is a bit more involved than that. The "evasion" mechanic this uses was designed for spells, not items. It works on items... most of the time. Item header structures have a bit more complexity that can frustrate the way the mod is applied and, very theoretically, can result in weird false positive situations where the saving throw could let you evade e.g. the actual item attack effects, like a sword slash.

The whole evasion code needs to be adjusted a bit, in ways that I don't really have time to do right now... :(

That's unfortunate, thank you for your time. This type of evasion is an interesting mechanic but its probably too much effort for a single spell. If someday you decide to tackle it again I would test it. It is much more fun than simple immunity.

Hey @subtledoctor i've found minor bugs (EET installation)

Component 1323: Tweak Exaltation and Spiritual Clarity -> The description of Spiritual Clarity says "Duration : Instant" instead of "5 rounds". (Remove Affliction is correct though)

Component 2105: Tweak Color Spray -> typo in your code "random_spell_tweaks.tpa" line 40 : 

LPF DELETE_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcocde = 128 END

Component 2209: Tweak Luck -> The description still says it's for one creature only where it should be party ? Duration is at 300s for me, instead to 30, maybe there was an update to SR for Luck spell duration ?

Component 2413: Tweak Otiluke's Sphere (EE-only) -> Protection from resource opcode 318 in SPWI413A.SPL and SPIW413D.SPL has incorrect resource type (mine shows a %SOURCE_.EFF)

Component 2518: Tweak Phantom Blade -> additional magic damage is still 1d12 instead of 1d8 (maybe change the code for the hex version ? i think yours is match_parameter2 = 64 where it should be 4194304 ?)

Component 2523: Tweak Sunfire -> Description says "each one does  1d6+1 magic damage" where based on SR version it should be "each missile deals 1D4 + 1 magic damage"

Component 2708: Tweak Mantle (EE-only) -> Description does not reflect the missile and non magical weapon immunities. Maybe adding a small line about those protections for better understanding ?

Component 3020: Tweak the Gloves of Missile Snaring (EE-only) -> typo in your code "random_item_tweaks.tpa" line 79

LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode = 177 target = 1 parameter2 = 2 timing = 2 STR_VAR resource = ~d5misgl~ END -> should be d5misbl

Component 3060: Tweak the Cloak of the Gargoyle (IR-only) ->  typo in your code "random_item_tweaks.tpa" line 184 :

LPF ALTER_ITEM_HEADER INT_VAR headcer_type = 3 charges = 2 END

Edited by ptifab

First of all great work on the new version of mirrored eyes. But there is one more bug on 1.4.4(at least on my setup). Set spell state effect on the mirrored eye spell itself isn't set to IWD2 mode (1) so it doesn't interact with the rest of the eff/spells. Once I set it to correct mode it seems to work quite well. I didn't done extensive testing apart from basilisks though.

On 3/5/2022 at 9:42 AM, ptifab said:

Component 1323: Tweak Exaltation and Spiritual Clarity -> The description of Spiritual Clarity says "Duration : Instant" instead of "5 rounds". (Remove Affliction is correct though)

Component 2105: Tweak Color Spray -> typo in your code "random_spell_tweaks.tpa" line 40 : 

LPF DELETE_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcocde = 128 END

Component 2209: Tweak Luck -> The description still says it's for one creature only where it should be party ? Duration is at 300s for me, instead to 30, maybe there was an update to SR for Luck spell duration ?

Component 2413: Tweak Otiluke's Sphere (EE-only) -> Protection from resource opcode 318 in SPWI413A.SPL and SPIW413D.SPL has incorrect resource type (mine shows a %SOURCE_.EFF)

Component 2518: Tweak Phantom Blade -> additional magic damage is still 1d12 instead of 1d8 (maybe change the code for the hex version ? i think yours is match_parameter2 = 64 where it should be 4194304 ?)

Component 2708: Tweak Mantle (EE-only) -> Description does not reflect the missile and non magical weapon immunities. Maybe adding a small line about those protections for better understanding ?

Component 3020: Tweak the Gloves of Missile Snaring (EE-only) -> typo in your code "random_item_tweaks.tpa" line 79

LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode = 177 target = 1 parameter2 = 2 timing = 2 STR_VAR resource = ~d5misgl~ END -> should be d5misbl

Component 3060: Tweak the Cloak of the Gargoyle (IR-only) ->  typo in your code "random_item_tweaks.tpa" line 184 :

LPF ALTER_ITEM_HEADER INT_VAR headcer_type = 3 charges = 2 END

19 hours ago, Chosen said:

one more bug on 1.4.4(at least on my setup). Set spell state effect on the mirrored eye spell itself isn't set to IWD2 mode (1)

Fixed in version 1.5.

On 3/5/2022 at 9:42 AM, ptifab said:

Component 2523: Tweak Sunfire -> Description says "each one does  1d6+1 magic damage" where based on SR version it should be "each missile deals 1D4 + 1 magic damage"

Yeah, these are functional tweaks and some descriptions won't get updated - especially in languages other than English, since description updates rely on REPLACE_TEXTUALLY which is tough to implement in multiple languages. LIkewise, I cannot account for what other mods people might install before this - the possible permutations are just too great to cover everything in a .tra file.