Cahir's EET Epic Run Mod Order help request

So, I heavily modified the EET Install order in the OP for my own game, and everything more or less seems to have went fine, but I get this very strange error when I start the game up. I've attached an image of the error along with my install order txt. Is it safe to continue playing with this, or will I have issues?

Baldur_2021-10-06_23-06-57.png

Test.txt

This is 2.6 yes. I'm not sure which one of my selections requires EEex though. I've been trying to find which one for about an hour now, but I can't seem to track it down. EET Tweaks' "Party XP for killing creatures distributed individually" requires it, but didn't install it because EEex wasn't detected.

Edit: Oh, nevermind, I skipped over one. It's Bubb's Spell Menu Extended.

Edited by WhodaThunk
whoops
43 minutes ago, WhodaThunk said:

This is 2.6 yes. I'm not sure which one of my selections requires EEex though. I've been trying to find which one for about an hour now, but I can't seem to track it down. EET Tweaks' "Party XP for killing creatures distributed individually" requires it, but didn't install it because EEex wasn't detected.

Edit: Oh, nevermind, I skipped over one. It's Bubb's Spell Menu Extended.

AFAIK, the only mods so far that requires EEex are Bubb's Extended Spell Menu and Olvyn Spells (which I haven't used in my installation at that time). 

On 9/24/2021 at 6:02 AM, Hubal said:

@Telcontar Stay away from Dark Horizons and Dark Side of Sword Coast

While I wholeheartedly agree with cautioning against Dark Horizons (ToB level weapons on the road to Beregost, really?), I have found Dark Side of the Sword Coast to be a welcome addition to my mega-modded setup. Make sure you use the version that was updated for EET. I don't think EET is required, but it was rebalanced and made more appropriate for late BG1 (no vorpal swords hidden in chimneys). It's now more of a Durlag's level of difficulty and power curve.

It is a dungeon crawl. Expect to see familiar maps stocked with new foes, like every cave system in the base game stacked on top of each other for the final dungeon quest. It's not brilliant, but I found it to be a fun enough diversion for late BG2. Your mileage may vary. The finale ties in with the main trilogy's story, which is a nice bonus.

Word of advice if you use SCS -- when you find a map that looks like the Flaming Fist prison cells, reload your autosave before entering and for the love of all that is holy, turn off the smart fighters and thieves component.

Edited by Lightbringer

@Cahir I am actually working on my EET installation on V2.6.6 and my selection of mods is quite close to yours (but i know that a stable installation lies in the details):

- For sure the BackBone of my modlist is: Tweak Anthology, SCS, Atweaks (and eventually some others), SR/SRR, IR/IRR, Quests from Jastey and Lava, RR, the "classics: UN, QE, RE, BG1NPC, ...). I will play on Insane with SCS boosted.

- As i am with V2.6.6 no EeeX and related mods at the moment  (to my regrets).

- More BG1 quests (Balduran SeaTower, Shades of the Sword Coast by Lava, DSotSC, would probably try The Grey Clan but probably not  compatible with EET yet).

- Less Kit mods (focus on Thiefs, mages,...) but more flexibility on multi/dual; nothing special about spells (sticking to SR and eventually the option in SCS for Iwindale spells)

Let's go back to the main reason of my post: i have few questions:

- I guess that some of the BG1 mods intially installed on BGEE prior to EET Core can now be installed after EET core (for example coranbgfriend). Just for confirmation?

- I am getting to use Project Infinity (but not being able to keep all selected components between two sessions is giving me hard time). The only solution i am starting to try is to divide the installation in few "steps"  and combining them to finally get a completed InstallSequence. The downside of this solution is to no have a complete picture of the install order. To resume i am very concerned about the Install Order (beside component selection :) ) as just adding one mod can put a big mess. I would take any advice about using PI.

- Do you have any recommendation before i use your install order  as a "framework" ? I am also starting to give a look at  @4udr4n's work.

Anyway it is very instructive to read those posts. It is also very helpful to see that i am not the only one to have time consuming issues to figure out something that is not working properly!!!

Nb: i apologize for my english as this is not my native language.

Edited by Mordekaie
45 minutes ago, Mordekaie said:

The Grey Clan but probably not  compatible with EET yet

It is: https://github.com/K4thos/TGC1e

46 minutes ago, Mordekaie said:

- I guess that some of the BG1 mods intially installed on BGEE prior to EET Core can now be installed after EET core (for example coranbgfriend). Just for confirmation?

The EET list was updated for most of them: https://k4thos.github.io/EET-Compatibility-List/EET-Compatibility-List.html

On 4/12/2020 at 12:35 AM, Cahir said:

The Picture Standard

• 1500: Main - Lore Alternative
  • 2000: Followers - Vanilla
  • 3500: BG1NPC - Lore Alternative
  • 7500: Eilistraee's Song - Lore Alternative
  • 8500: Innershade - Lore Alternative
  • 9500: I Shall Never Forget - Lore Alternative
  • 10500: Rogue Rebalancing - Lore Alternative
  • 11500: Sellswords - Lore Alternative
  • 12500: Tales of Deep Gardens - Lore Alternative
  • 15500: Gavin - Alternative
  • 17000: Isra
  • 19500: The White Queen - Lore Alternative
  • 22500: Siege of Dragonspear - Lore Alternative
  • 80300: Standardized Edwin - BG2 Version
  • 81200: Standardized Imoen - SoD Version
  • 82300: Standardized Jaheira - BG2 Version
  • 83500: Standardized Minsc - BG2 Version
  • 84200: Standardized Viconia - SoD Version

Portraits Portraits Everywhere

• 0: Portraits Portraits Everywhere (PPE) - Core component
  • 100: Category Portraits (Sequenced)
  • 10: Isandir's CHARNAME Portraits
  • 20: Replace Low Quality ToB_SoA Portraits
  • 25: Edwin/Edwina
  • 30: Ust Natha Drow NPC's
  • 35: Vampire NPC's

@Cahir I am working on my EET modlist and was quite getting confused about the Portrait think. Would you give a look (or anyone else who may be of any help) for recommandations and  check if my assumptions are corrects.

- PPE is a must have for me! I was just very surprised to notice that only speaking NPCs with a specific name (so no NPCs with "generic" attribut like "nobleman" or a "tutor" from Candlekeep) are getting a portrait from PPE. In my souvenir all NPCs were getting portraits.

- I am also thinking to install The Picture Standard. But this one is not on K4thos Mod Compatibility List for EET. And this mod doesn't seem to give portrait to "generic" NPCs (or maybe i am doing somethink wrong, but in my "old" souvenirs they all added protraits)

- I find The Picture Standard very confusing when it comes to select components. I can't figure out how you did it.. Even going through the sub folfers didn't help...Maybe time to tajke a nap.

Q: Did you put PPE after The Picture Standard so PPE overwrites The Picture Standard where they overlap ?

Q: From you playthrough did you notice any issues with The Picture Standard and would you still recommand it along with PPE ?

Edited by Mordekaie