Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

Let’s say I were to install the iwdification and spell revision, then choose to have the spell list of spell revisions installed. If beforehand, I were to add a spell that is in iwdification only (such as divine protection) in the spellchoices, it should be added and then useable by the enemies since a script already exists for it?

Sorry if these questions are convoluted. What was asked earlier regarding selecting spells made me think of the possibility of giving clerics a bit more defense power and still mainly use spell revision spells.

Edited by Jarinex

I am not 100% sure if SCS adds fireball wand to Vay-ya of the Low Lantern. The area is tight and there is at least two important NPCs there albeit from mods:

Ascolan barkeeper ( ACASC.cre )

Umbrella the Summer ( T1SumUm.cre )

Lars ( T1LARS1.cre )

I've got lucky and only a commoner got smoked in the fireball. Maybe for precaution if any of those npcs is present disable Vay-ya from casting fireballs - spell or wand and give her alternative spell instead.

z1y0aWI.jpg

Edited by zelazko

Vay'ya has a wand of fire in the original game, but SCS tells her to use it. Her vanilla script tells her to use Fireball, though she doesn't have it memorized.

However, ultimately I'm not sure how realistic it is for me to prevent NPCs from using party-unfriendly AoE magic just because some mod may have added NPCs to an area.

Besides, for that pair? Indiscriminate destruction that might kill bystanders is absolutely in character.

You also have the option to avoid the fight entirely, or prevent the fireball by sneaking up on Vay-ya; if someone's in melee with her, she won't fireball herself because she does have at least some sense of self-preservation.

Guest Jal Khales

Hello DavidW, I can't thank you enough for this fantastic mod. It's remarkable how I find myself revisiting BG so frequently, thanks to your work!

I wanted to ask about the "Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities" component, which is currently disabled "due to bugs." Is there a possibility it will be addressed in the upcoming release? I've been eagerly awaiting this fix before starting my Sorcerer run. 😊 Thanks!

4 hours ago, Guest Jal Khales said:

I wanted to ask about the "Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities" component, which is currently disabled "due to bugs." Is there a possibility it will be addressed in the upcoming release? I've been eagerly awaiting this fix before starting my Sorcerer run. 

Not to march in someone else’s parade, but if you are in a hurry you can find this over here.

Edited by subtledoctor
On 10/10/2023 at 9:46 PM, DrAzTiK said:

Hi David, 

just an idea for a bit of rebalancing and increasing of challenge : make haste (leve 3) affect only one creature.

farewell friends

yeah, and then every player (including you) will have only one 3 level spell memorized - haste. and will cast it tediuosly on as many party members as possible and the rest will gulp oil of speed or use items. reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-balancing. 

farwell ;ppppp

On 10/13/2023 at 12:40 PM, Axatax said:

If you side with the vampires, you fight Aran Lindvail and SCS doesn't give any love to this scenario.  This should be considered as a major boss fight.

As a general rule SCS only edits bits of the game I'm familiar with, and I've never sided with the vampires!

On 12/26/2022 at 7:46 AM, Graion Dilach said:

Tougher chapter-four end battle: If Davaeorn already has rings equipped in his equipment slots, both rings are moved to the inventory in favor of the sole ring this component installs.

(Very belatedly:) I can't reproduce this or see how it could happen. That component doesn't give Davaeorn a ring, and indeed doesn't touch his CRE file at all. 'Smarter mages' touches his CRE file but doesn't change his rings: he just has the standard MAGE05 that the vanilla game gives him.

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

(Very belatedly:) I can't reproduce this or see how it could happen. That component doesn't give Davaeorn a ring, and indeed doesn't touch his CRE file at all. 'Smarter mages' touches his CRE file but doesn't change his rings: he just has the standard MAGE05 that the vanilla game gives him.

Okay, I rechecked this as well and my original report is badly worded, although you're confirming the issue: what I seen as "losing a ring" is that Smarter Mages deletes MAGE03 which he has in BGEE in his left ring slot.

2 hours ago, DavidW said:

As a general rule SCS only edits bits of the game I'm familiar with, and I've never sided with the vampires!

Gotta do that evil run sometime!

Lets, see, Aran Linvail...

Off the top of my head, he's a thief/mage with considerable (but not epic) levels. Generic SCS AI improvements will do quite a bit for that already, but he won't automatically start invisible since he's technically neutral until he speaks to the party. He also has a unique summoning item (djinn); using that in the fight is an obvious option. He also comes with some minions... looking them up ... they're spawned in by the ARNSPW4 script; the air elemental is outside his room, but the five guild members are with him.

Actually, looking it up, the unique summoning item is in a container in the room rather than on Aran himself. Also, he's level 14/14. The only usable items Aran carries in the base game are some potions (invisibility, greater healing, scripted to use) and a wand of fear (not scripted to use).

So, some thoughts on improvements:

- give him the summoning ring, and add the djinn to the fight.

- open with Haste and Mislead in addition to more standard buffs, get stab-happy. Regular haste here, as he only has 1 APR and the timing - only going off when he becomes hostile - should allow it to help his allies.