Current Idea List

CamDawg

I've also added a dialogue option to get past the Irenicus dialogue at Tree-of-life that is *really* tedious to browse again and again if you need to reload because of the fight (especially since you need to wait for Ellesime to teleport away in the middle of the dialogue). It's compatible with Improved Irenicus from Tactics.

Removing one of the best scenes in the game because it is tedious is... scary.

I've also added a dialogue option to get past the Irenicus dialogue at Tree-of-life that is *really* tedious to browse again and again if you need to reload because of the fight (especially since you need to wait for Ellesime to teleport away in the middle of the dialogue).

I'm with Kulyok here.

Shortening that dialogue would make the ensuing battle kind of anti-climatic, IMO.

It's not about shortening the dialogue/cut-scene *all the time* but adding an option at the dialogue start to skip the entire cutscene if the player wishes it. If the player does not choose this option but one of the regular option instead, the dialogue is played normally.

I didn't enjoy to have to play this dialogues / cutscene for the 20th time when I had to reload for the 20th time because of the difficulty of the fight just after (you can't save just after it, and Tactics does not add an option skip-to-end for this fight).

But anyway... you're probably right, I remove all my suggestions, my ideas are often crap. :)

I didn't enjoy to have to play this dialogues / cutscene for the 20th time when I had to reload for the 20th time because of the difficulty of the fight just after (you can't save just after it, and Tactics does not add an option skip-to-end for this fight).

Perhaps it would be easier to simply add a SaveGame(2) at the end of Irenucis' dialogue which would save the game in your FinalSave slot right before the battle starts. I use that method for my Chosen of Cyric encounter which also features a lengthy conversation which is (optionally) followed by a difficult battle.

But anyway... you're probably right, I remove all my suggestions, my ideas are often crap. :)

Nah, I liked some of your other ideas :) but IMO, cutting down Irenicus' Tree of Life dialogue would take too much away from his character.

Perhaps it would be easier to simply add a SaveGame(2) at the end of Irenucis' dialogue which would save the game in your FinalSave slot right before the battle starts. I use that method for my Chosen of Cyric encounter which also features a lengthy conversation which is (optionally) followed by a difficult battle.

Now, that is an excellent idea ! The game already does an auto-save, but not at this place (after you beat the second "insect"). Auto-saving at the end of the dialog would be much better than my initial proposal, I agree heartfully. But where such a tweak would fit...?

What about an "Actually bald Minsc avatar and paperdoll" cosmetic component? Would it be even possibile?
They easiest way would be to change his hair to be the same as his skin colour.
COPY_EXISTING ~minsc7.cre~ ~override~
		  ~minsc8.cre~ ~override~
		  ~minsc9.cre~ ~override~
		  ~minsc10.cre~ ~override~
		  ~minsc12.cre~ ~override~
		  ~minsc14.cre~ ~override~
 WRITE_BYTE 0x32 85 //Hair color (light tan, was 110 ash gray)
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Making a new paperdoll and avatar would be a lot (I mean *a lot*) of work. Then you'd have to worry about trying to find a new slot for the animations, which would also be a huge pain.

P.S.: While we're at it... is it just me, or do very few NPCs actually have colours that match their default portraits?

P.P.S.: Actually Minsc should look *nothing* like his portrait anyway, according to Races of Faerun:

Most Rashemi average about five and a half feet in height, with stout and muscular builds. Most are dusky of skin and dark of eye, with thick black hair. Rashemi males are unusually hirsute [hairy] and often sport bushy black beards. Although handsome, many seem almost ursine [bearlike] in nature. Baldness is almost unknown among Rashemi males, although inhabitants of Thay are known to shave all body hair in imitation of the ruling Mulan.
It's Edwin who should be bald... not Minsc.

Is it possible to do a Wizard Slayer tweak that also disrupts cleric casting? A WS disrupts arcane casting after only one hit [tested on Imoen in Chez Irenicus. One hit from the Wizard Slayer's fists prevented her from casting any spell. The same test on Jahz had no effect using fists, melee and ranged weapons].

Just a suggestion: how about a "what should be done with all the components that have/have not been installed" option? Would make installing/uninstalling much less of a hassle.

Just a suggestion: how about a "what should be done with all the components that have/have not been installed" option? Would make installing/uninstalling much less of a hassle.

Ehm, scratch that. An install everything option would be unfeasable, but uninstall everything would still be nice.

Archived